Recent Topics

Ads

Balance Discussion Forum v3

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Goldenbow100

Re: Balance Discussion Forum v3

Post#51 » Tue May 07, 2019 4:50 pm

Fully expect this to not change at all. Proposals wont be looked at or acknowledged and will be forgotten and left in the dust. Or get immediate rejection with no explanation or consideration on decent actually thoughtful proposals. But this is the slightly bitter words of someone who has made proposals had been completely ignored. Prove me wrong?

Ads
Tesq

Post#52 » Tue May 07, 2019 5:04 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:01 pm
xanderous wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:48 pm Can't wait to see next WL buff.
I would prefer them declawed or neutered first.

Front loaded burst is our main concern with WL. Expect a discussion about that in the near future.
There is no a generale frontload burst from what i ve seen in past and now playing it, it's all about about:
-burst = coordinate strike
-fail aoe build = tactics\skills + pet skills miss placement in masterys

Xergon

Post#53 » Tue May 07, 2019 5:12 pm

notre wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:16 pm Hi, I try to not mention any class in particular...

- Start balacing Destro healing ...if this post still really open.

"Order Blessing of Grungi + Magical Infusion from RP and AM stack additively.
Destro Blessing of Chaos + Shrug it off from Zealot and Shaman don't stack at all."

https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/9284
Last comment was Jun 6, 2018.
Have fun ;)
AM's Magical Infusion (aswell as Shamman's mirror) doesn't have anymore +25% Healing on Target, it was nerfed couple patches ago.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Kurama

Post#54 » Tue May 07, 2019 5:39 pm

It does with tactic
DOK 8x
Zealot 8x
Shaman 8x
BO 7x

WP 8x
RP 8x
AM 8x

nat3s

Post#55 » Tue May 07, 2019 5:40 pm

scatterthewinds wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:37 pm @wargrimnir

I think this is the wrong action. People not in the top ~10 players on the server (skill and knowledge) wise shouldn't even have their posts read. Do not cater to casuals or warband players. Trust the people who know the game or else watch everything descend more into a shitshow than it already is.
Sure and watch how the high end players subtly campaign to maintain the status quo in terms of class balance. Also, how do you arrive at top 10 players? Incredibly subjective and almost certainly going to differ by activity (6v6, WB leadership, tanking, dps, healing, pve).
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Alfa1986

Post#56 » Tue May 07, 2019 5:42 pm

I read you a little bit here and that I want to say .. Sorry for the bluntness and honest, but you have a dead body of the deceased giant, and you are trying to make Merlin Monroe from Frankestein, just forgetting that it would not be bad for the heart to start the heart and blood circulation, and then takes care of the appearance. Every evening at the moment online is about 500 people in t2 zones, and each of them comes for some reason, which you will never calculate. and where are these 500 in people? right in rvr! not in dungeons, not on scenarios, but in rvr, often in unorganized open warbands. and they do not want to make an effort, what is there to learn and develop, they want pewpew, and you will not do anything with it ...

trying to change the thoughts of the crowd is of course an interesting and noble, but useless. Yes, and anticipating kilometers of regular advisers about the fact that what to collect, where to enter, etc. I want to note that I do not give any advice on how to develop the game, but simply point out some obvious points.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Gdar

Post#57 » Tue May 07, 2019 5:43 pm

I would like to start off by saying thanks to all for the effort of keeping this game alive, win or lose I enjoy my time.

One class that has been over changed is the DPS DoK speck. Most classes can play in small groups or war bands effectively. The DPS DoK is shunned from war bands and seldomly liked in smaller groups, unless the players understand how to use the class. I'm okay with people having a dislike for the class, maybe that is why i like it more.

Before all the changes on DoK from how they were in Live, people complained about how OP they were. Most core DPS DoK class users simply just know intricately how to use the class. It is those 20 or less people that were judged to make the class what it is now... DPS DoK speck was only useful in small groups six or under, that was all that they ever had, please give that back to them...

I would like to see the class like it was in live.

nat3s

Post#58 » Tue May 07, 2019 5:45 pm

You'll obviously see the same comps ran by the same people - why would they reroll other classes and abandon their mains just to entertain you.
Boom! And therein lies the problem, of course they wouldn't want to reroll which is why youll see those "top 10" players who you so desperately want to be driving balancing decisions, doing everything they can to maintain the status quo.

Balance decisions must involve the wider audience who are not so invested in a specific class or 6v6 comp continuing to be top patch-on-patch. It's hurting the community in terms of trust in the dev team and just wanting to log on imo.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Ads
Ugle

Post#59 » Tue May 07, 2019 5:50 pm

Gimme some of that tinfoil hat pls
inactive

peterthepan3

Post#60 » Tue May 07, 2019 5:56 pm

nat3s wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 5:45 pm
You'll obviously see the same comps ran by the same people - why would they reroll other classes and abandon their mains just to entertain you.
Boom! And therein lies the problem, of course they wouldn't want to reroll which is why youll see those "top 10" players who you so desperately want to be driving balancing decisions, doing everything they can to maintain the status quo.

Balance decisions must involve the wider audience who are not so invested in a specific class or 6v6 comp continuing to be top patch-on-patch. It's hurting the community in terms of trust in the dev team and just wanting to log on imo.
Class diversity in 6v6 has never been greater than what it currently is: we only need a few tweaks here and there, to perhaps incentivise AM/Shaman a bit with a new mechanic - and boom.
Spoiler:
Noone said anything about 6v6 players 'driving balance decisions', but it's funny to note how you associated 'top 10' with '6v6 players'.
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Tue May 07, 2019 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.