Recent Topics

Ads

End of x2 Event

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ReturnOfReckoning
Staff

End of x2 Event

Post#1 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:57 am

Thank you to everyone, old players and new players, for playing with us on the Double XP week here on Return of Reckoning.

All the best things come to an end, but rejoice, new events will be coming soon, and other x2 events will come back in the future!

Again, a big thank for all "LIFE IN PINK" contestants to have made this wonderful week possible :).

We have been using this time to work on server stability. As you may have noticed we did a few restarts during the week applying new code optimisations on the server.

This week we will return to the regular patch schedule.

We look forward to seeing you on the battlefield!

WAARRGHHH!!

Ads
xarax

Re: End of x2 Event

Post#2 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:56 am

Thank you!
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts

Rydiak

Post#3 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:03 pm

Got my first RR80 from the event! Thank you for the 2x week!
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

TenTonHammer

Post#4 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:49 pm

you can really feel the difference with x2 exp gone

wish that part had stayed

Thurgom

Post#5 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:53 pm

Yeah... that's what I thought aswell.
I can 100% understand why 2x Reknown isn't a thing after this event. But what is the benefit of reducing EXP gain? Alot of people would be way more motivated to start new characters or come back to the game if they can level up faster.

Rydiak

Post#6 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:57 pm

Quest XP is already double that of Live. Try questing instead of trying to level via PvP.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#7 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:58 pm

No they wouldn't. They would complain two weeks after they forget XP was increased, which we have done in various ways several times. Enjoy the events while they last.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Lime

Post#8 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:01 pm

Double exp seemed really good for server with people leveling their alts, trying new classes, and new players about.

I would personally like to see a catch up mechanic for alts and new players as 16-30 can be a sleepy bracket and new players get absolutely farmed by rr70+s in t3 with all the very powerful high end sets, pot economies, extra renown and career points.
Limey: 83 Knight Limeyx: 77 BG

Ads
Nishka
Suspended

Post#9 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:15 pm

Double xp/rr forever would be like Christmas every day. No longer special. Thank you for the event, it was fun!
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

BadDogEDN

Post#10 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:32 pm

Loved the event, love the server optimizations, well done guys!
Edowado Banewave - Green Chosen of Dark Craig