Recent Topics

Ads

Armor of the Vanquisher

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wwright72

Re: Armor of the Vanquisher

Post#71 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:33 am

Thank you @TheDevTeam for some new content even if it comes with a stipulation. New set bonuses are always fun to theory craft for mix & matching. I'm honestly okay with grinding a new set for a 3-5% power gain. I understand you guys have to hold onto the real awesome appearances but these sets could be a little cooler, maybe? :3

P.S. MVP NoRKaLKiLLa with his graphs
Lortie rr85 Zealot / Whoami rr44 ShadowWarrior / TUP
Idrinth's WAR Tools

Ads
TooGraphic

Post#72 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:43 am

Glad to see some new gear coming down the pipe and thanks for all the hard work put into this project.

I think set bonuses in general need to be toned down to promote more gear choices. Furthermore, powerful procs on set items just seems like a bad idea and terrible to balance around. With the best set bonuses at 5/6 piece completion this will lead to people having set item upgrades that sit in their bank instead of offering a reward when acquiring them. Arguably this could cause players to get burnt out grinding new sets and to lose interest in the game. I would like to see a set bonus decrease offset by a noticable individual set item stat increase. Additionally I think the last two bonuses should be good enough to complete but not so good that you wouldnt ever want to break it for other set bonuses.

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#73 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:51 am

Telperien wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:17 am
Spoiler:
Question to devs:
Whats the set progression now after this new set released? Vanquisher is a new set placed between conq and invader? Wasnt invader a 55rr set? Have you got roadmap for future releases? i`m not asking for dates, just for sequence of sets in future.
I typed out a long winded response, but I'm not a lead and it's not my place to decide exactly what to disclose, plus I may not be the most up to date on the roadmap itself- but yes we have one. I know that doesn't really answer your question, but if you hit me up on discord Telp I can give you my unofficial breakdown and views on it.

RuffRyder

Post#74 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:06 am

Overall I tend to agree that the appearence does not fit my kind of taste, Shaman and Mara awesome though.

About the gear adjustments actually I appreaciate to have another thing working towards to, besides hitting RR55 wasn't hard and acquiring Conq wasn't, too, at least for ppl grouping/organizing on a regular basis.

It'll make me do more oRvR again though I guess, looking forward to see the stats!
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Dammy095

Post#75 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:13 am

are there new weapons/cloaks/rings aswell ?

SmackdownNinja

Post#76 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:16 am

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:56 am
SmackdownNinja wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:33 am
Spoiler:
Ok thank you for clarifying this Nork. I was under the impression that the only reason why conq/dom would be nerfed is due to the new gear being nearly the same. I was just confused because I thought you would want people to be able to rely on conq to be competive with the new gear comming out.

Now the main issue I see is what about future gear sets? Will new gear always have to be refarmed to obtain the same or slightly better stats? I can understand why you guys are doing it due to the power gap that higher tier gear sets bring. But why not change it to make more "Linear". Like instead of how AoR did sets, with each being better then the next, why not release armor set that are in the same "power bracket" but with differnt stats and procs? This was already done to a certain degree with the pve sets, but they were not put in the same power bracket as conq/dom. If they were more comparable to conq/dom im sure the community would have had more interest in them. I mean we have client control now so some interesting gear sets could be put in.

This could give players more options on how to customize their build and not feel like their having things taken away from them. Kinda like how ESO did armor sets. All of them were in the same "Power Bracket", but were made uniqe and could be combined to make interesting builds. In the end this problem will have to be addressed some day, and I think options like these will go down much better with the community. Thanks for taking the time to address some these concerns, it is appreciated.
Again, I use the word "correction" because it's exactly that. The current stat allocation and armor values as well as Marked and Aggravation procs are so powerful they are not in line with the RoR design philosophy. The actual reduction hasn't been publicized as it hasn't been lead approved, and is not ready to push to live- ideally the correction will get pushed either the same day the new gear drops, or soon after.

In terms of gear "brackets"- you are on point. The intention is to have ~3 options from four sources of gear sets per ~10 levels, with some fillers in between to allow for variety: Scenarios, oRvR, Dungeons and PQ's/PvE. As renown progression is monitored, so will speed of gear acquisition in order to make a smooth path, where you're simultaneously gaining renown in conjunction with earning and equipping gear for that level you just reached. The BiS set at any time, from here forward will not be substantially better than the gear previously, but a controlled and concise 'power' increase in accordance with our 'creep control' intent.

If you have any questions in regards to what I've explained in this thread, feel free to message me on discord and I'll happily go into further detail, but the graphs I constructed although not precise and lacking data points, are accurate and, in my opinion, conceptually sound.
Thank you for going into detail Nork, I understand where you are coming from now. I appreciate your response, I’ll be looking forward to the future.
Voldro BG-85
Nuketown BW-82

daniilpb

Post#77 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:32 am

Eh... SW’s appearance looks quite disappointing. I always thought that giving conq 90 rr set appearance was a silly idea - here is why. There are only 3 sets in the game that could outshine it. And most likely we won’t see them for a pretty long time now.
Well, maybe some sets appearance may be redesigned through change of a helmet. I believe, it is one of the most noticeable things. Look at the mara and BG’s helmets- they save the day for the whole set.
Might be the simplest way to change the situation of people getting disappointed in new sets’ appearance.
Anyway, thanks for your work.
Hopefully, it won’t require more grind than conq and domi ever had.( Grind for a second one was horrible indeed. )
Last edited by daniilpb on Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Gangan

Post#78 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:42 am

New shiny stuff...woohoo 😁

Great to see you're working on new stuff. I personally have no problem with those stat correction on dom/conq (as far as I see it without knowing the actual stats). Your concept for future gear looks solid and might be a try on a new power-progression concept. Being stronger, due to having the higher gear is ofc mandatory, but should not be the most important factor to determine the outcome of fights.
I'm absolutely looking forward to know more about the new set :D

Ps: Will you be able to break the new tokens down to dom/conq?^^
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Ads
Faef

Post#79 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:01 am

Looks good guys, good work all :)

bulgy70
Suspended

Post#80 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:35 am

Some of the sets look very disappointing, some of them look like T1 sets. why did you not just take the Sovereign gear for the new sets?

Magus Sovereign set.