Recent Topics

Ads

[DEV] Finally... It Begins!

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Tholkienn

Re: [DEV] Finally... It Begins!

Post#91 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:17 pm

Nice, you can modify the broken debuff heal dk tactic.....

Ads
Skullgrin

Post#92 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:28 pm

Luuca wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:34 pm
Spoiler:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :P
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Dabbart

Post#93 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:40 pm

Does Sneaky Strike stack with armor pot? Anyone know the total amount R40?

Awesome stuff! So many goodies to look forward too! Thanks to everyone for the countless hours of work!
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Glorian

Post#94 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:48 pm

Torquemadra wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:17 pm
Akalukz wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:04 pm So what exactly does client control give? Just the ability to update tool tips? Seems as if we have been able to change skills etc for awhile. I feel like I am missing something here. This seems like such a big thing, and I am sure it is, just not sure what it is :)

This sword was ridiculously oversized for korean launch that never happened and had a handle 2x too thick which now looks like this.

Cool Stuff on Resizing some oversized Weapons.
Didn't know it was on the plan.

Any more Zweihänders were resized?

Foomy44

Post#95 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:50 pm

Dabbart wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:40 pm Does Sneaky Strike stack with armor pot? Anyone know the total amount R40?
According to Torq post from thread when this was announced a year ago:
"Sneaky git boosts armour base 660 at 40, full tree 990, the tooltip on value was beyond problematic (hence description) and is likely to require further coding"

Not finding anything specifically about it stacking with armor pot but Guardian rework was announced the same day and they get a similar armor boost that stacks with armor pot so definitely hoping it does (althought in WL case the armor comes from a tactic which is probably gonna be the dealbreaker for why this doesn't stack, at least we have more potion options for that slot now)

Grock wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:14 am So will Indigestion be scaling with # of targest like SL or will it always be full strength?
According to Wargrimnir from same thread on similar topic (I think, question was worded weird, pretty sure the answer was aimed at this. either way if it's OP it will get changed I imagine):
"A melee spec Squig Herder is far more of a niche spec with far less abilities in their repertoire to work with, as opposed to the Slayer, who even fully specced in Skaven, has a far larger plethora of skills to work with coming from their core abilities in other trees. Not remotely the same thing, not going to work exactly the same way. That being said, we will be keeping a close eye on on the rework as it's a significant change, and it will be adjusted accordingly."

It's an old thread and I'm sure some things have changed but if ya guys wanna see plenty of discussion on these changes you should read through it

https://returnofreckoning.com/forum/vie ... 11&t=21848
Last edited by Foomy44 on Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

MaTyllDa

Post#96 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:52 pm

Spoiler:
The punt part of the 15pt ability has uses, but mostly just for trolling or non-combat situations. Bad gas is obviously good, but it was already present before the remake you know. The change to make it conal is better in most cases, but in a lot of situations can also be a horribly bad thing. Pounce is gonna help a bit, maybe, but you are still tied to guard range. And for all of this you still have mediocre damage at best. Big Bouncin hits pretty damn well, but the only supplemental damage being a 20 second(!) cooldown 6 second duration ability still leaves it as just that, mediocre. The added utility hardly makes up for mediocre damage which even relies strongly on chop fasta, loss of 2,4k damage morale, and the clunkiness introduced for the existing specs. But sure, for wrecking pugs it will be just fine, but even an AM/shammy in bomb spec can do that.

And quite frankly, you can call me linear as much as you want, but I didn't see you roll around the lakes for the last few years with 23 other guys dedicated to test EVERYTHING in the game to the full extent, on a full on organized warband scale on both factions. That is what other people have been doing, how is that for linear.

Anyways, if you just committed to making the spec GOOD for warbands instead of aiming half the changes at soloing, we would have gotten something amazing, maybe even gamechanging. Good start, overall the changes seem too split. You know you can't please everyone, so I have no idea why the remake seems to try to cater to every playstyle instead of sticking with the obvious route. I mean come on, 15% avoidance is not something you bring for a warband, and neither is a tactic that transfers 50% of damage taken 25% of the time to a pet you don't even summon. Both tactics could have been used to introduce some minigame or buff to make the dps aspect of the spec more fluid and engaging.

i couldn't agree more, lefze. Sure I haven't tested it and I happly will when it comes.

great work with the client!

Foomy44

Post#97 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:39 pm

lefze wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:29 pm
The punt part of the 15pt ability has uses, but mostly just for trolling or non-combat situations. Bad gas is obviously good, but it was already present before the remake you know. The change to make it conal is better in most cases, but in a lot of situations can also be a horribly bad thing. Pounce is gonna help a bit, maybe, but you are still tied to guard range. And for all of this you still have mediocre damage at best. Big Bouncin hits pretty damn well, but the only supplemental damage being a 20 second(!) cooldown 6 second duration ability still leaves it as just that, mediocre. The added utility hardly makes up for mediocre damage which even relies strongly on chop fasta, loss of 2,4k damage morale, and the clunkiness introduced for the existing specs. But sure, for wrecking pugs it will be just fine, but even an AM/shammy in bomb spec can do that.

And quite frankly, you can call me linear as much as you want, but I didn't see you roll around the lakes for the last few years with 23 other guys dedicated to test EVERYTHING in the game to the full extent, on a full on organized warband scale on both factions. That is what other people have been doing, how is that for linear.

Anyways, if you just committed to making the spec GOOD for warbands instead of aiming half the changes at soloing, we would have gotten something amazing, maybe even gamechanging. Good start, overall the changes seem too split. You know you can't please everyone, so I have no idea why the remake seems to try to cater to every playstyle instead of sticking with the obvious route. I mean come on, 15% avoidance is not something you bring for a warband, and neither is a tactic that transfers 50% of damage taken 25% of the time to a pet you don't even summon. Both tactics could have been used to introduce some minigame or buff to make the dps aspect of the spec more fluid and engaging.

The 15 pt ability also has a 10second 75% movespeed buff, pretty sure I can think of some ways that might be useful in a combat situation.

If you claim giving a melee spec pounce only has the potential to MAYBE help them a bit you are just being willfully ignorant.

In one line you claim melee SH is tied to guard range, implying they aren't defensive enough, and then in another line you write off 15% chance to avoid everything as something not worth taking. Having trouble following that logic.

The tactic that transfers damage to your pet is not part of this rework, what was the point of bringing that up in this conversation? Every class has tactics that aren't great, devs not changing a tactic you don't like into something you do doesn't seem like a solid argument for why the changes that were made are ineffective. If you really want to get it changed, wait a few weeks for these changes to settle in then make a balance proposal now that stabbity changes won't get shot down because of an incoming rework.
Last edited by Foomy44 on Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Luuca

Post#98 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:41 pm

Personally, I can't wait for my Am to get ROFLSTOMPED by a meatball named Apache.

Ads
Skullgrin

Post#99 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:45 pm

Luuca wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:41 pm Personally, I can't wait for my Am to get ROFLSTOMPED by a meatball named Apache.

I'd buy tickets to watch that! :P
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

footpatrol2

Post#100 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:10 pm

5 min cd on wind up da waaaagh... ... ...