Recent Topics

Ads

Theft

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Re: Theft

Post#61 » Tue May 22, 2018 2:32 pm

Alandrian wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:22 pm
GodlessCrom wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:37 pm
Avici wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:31 pm Thievery is bad. Why would anyone even do this when we all know that there is not enough population to support a second server.
Well I rather suspect a certain chunk of the population are already playing on the second server. RoR population has been particularly low lately, which is surprising considering the RR cap removal and increase of rr gains, which would normally spike the pop.

Unfortunate if true, as I cant imagine either server will maintain a healthy pop
I can't find any information whatsoever on this second server, certainly not through search engines. So how are people even going to find it to play on it? This thread is the first I've heard of it.
The guy I talked to said he had been emailed about it. The link he gave me looked like the exact sort of link where viruses dwell so I thought it was a scam.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#62 » Tue May 22, 2018 2:57 pm

Gravord wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:24 pm
Secrets wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:40 pm It is one thing to preserve a game that no longer exists
Lots of valid points but part in quote is questionable. With all the imposed and simply not needed class changes it stopped to feel like "preserving WAR" a while back. To many it feels like game is being warped into something different. Tweaks are understandable, but thing like making ranged class into leading melee class (last two 6vs6 events two order teams out of ten didnt run ASW) and other unwanted changes create discontent in playerbase. Additionally every concern about those changes is met with rude responses or flat out threats of banning ppl who dare to speak up.
Not defending new server in any way, but stuff like that happen for a reason. Maybe RoR dev team should take a closer look into own ranks and evaluate if every team member behaves with at least modicum respect towards playerbase and if implemented changes are not too drastic and if game balance really needs them.
If those issues above wouldnt be real, nobody would ever bother making new server and nobody would be interested in playing there. Its the disregard of playerbase shown by certain RoR staff members that creates demand and supply for new options.

And how this relates to simple theft? I fear it doesn't in the slightest, 2 wrongs dorsn't make right.

Gravord

Post#63 » Tue May 22, 2018 2:59 pm

Hargrim wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:57 pm
Secrets wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:40 pm It is one thing to preserve a game that no longer exists
Lots of valid points but part in quote is questionable. With all the imposed and simply not needed class changes it stopped to feel like "preserving WAR" a while back. To many it feels like game is being warped into something different. Tweaks are understandable, but thing like making ranged class into leading melee class (last two 6vs6 events two order teams out of ten didnt run ASW) and other unwanted changes create discontent in playerbase. Additionally every concern about those changes is met with rude responses or flat out threats of banning ppl who dare to speak up.
Not defending new server in any way, but stuff like that happen for a reason. Maybe RoR dev team should take a closer look into own ranks and evaluate if every team member behaves with at least modicum respect towards playerbase and if implemented changes are not too drastic and if game balance really needs them.
If those issues above wouldnt be real, nobody would ever bother making new server and nobody would be interested in playing there. Its the disregard of playerbase shown by certain RoR staff members that creates demand and supply for new options.

And how this relates to simple theft? I fear it doesn't in the slightest, 2 wrongs dorsn't make right.
It relates as to understand reasons why did it even happen in the first place, ways it could have been avoided and still can be put down with minimal to no dmg to RoR project, with apriopriate actions.

catholicism198

Post#64 » Tue May 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Hmmm.
I'm sorry for your loss?

blackwatch1508

Post#65 » Tue May 22, 2018 3:15 pm

I hope the RoR team finds a closer to the theft of all your hard work. Even if copy cats of RoR start spreading they will be poor shadows of this teams creation and implementation.
On a less formal side note. Is there a way we as loyal RoR players can grab our pitch forks and torches to hunt this traitorous **** down?

orillah
Suspended

Post#66 » Tue May 22, 2018 3:16 pm

Guys, stealing is bad, so we are clear here.Common sense and stuff, everyone whos disagrees have some moral compass problems.

P.S. Tried to find this second server for the whole 15 mins - failed. False alarm.

Greenbeast

Post#67 » Tue May 22, 2018 3:21 pm

Gravord wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:59 pm It relates as to understand reasons why did it even happen in the first place, ways it could have been avoided and still can be put down with minimal to no dmg to RoR project, with apriopriate actions.
Yeah, right. Victim of thievery is to blame in being robbed because it was too loud and did things thieves didn't like. Yeah, that's great logic! Like a woman been raped because her appearance were too provocative.
There are no excuses for this act.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#68 » Tue May 22, 2018 3:24 pm

Gravord wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:59 pm

It relates as to understand reasons why did it even happen in the first place, ways it could have been avoided and still can be put down with minimal to no dmg to RoR project, with apriopriate actions.

It happened because somebody lack enough backbone and moral integrity to not do that. And some more somebodies who want to hop on that project and help to build their team using stolen property.

Ads
yacoucou

Post#69 » Tue May 22, 2018 3:26 pm

Statement is done and you had to do it ...

@Dev team : Dont waste your time looking over your shoulder guys, you got too many laps ahead.

Many will test it (if it release one day), most will come back. And you can't really avoid it atm.

80% of their base community will be players that already left RoR in purpose or not (toxics, banned, cheaters) and are already lost...

At the end of the story it can hype your project... even if it ll be very painfull for a while ...

Peace
Yacoux - AM
Yacou - WH
Yacouz - BW

Krakra - SH
Yakou - DoK
Yacouw - BO

darude83
Suspended

Post#70 » Tue May 22, 2018 3:30 pm

Hargrim wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:24 pm
Gravord wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:59 pm

It happened because somebody lack enough backbone and moral integrity to not do that. And some more somebodies who want to hop on that project and help to build their team using stolen property.
If this person actually stole your (intellectual) property, you would have grounds for legal action. But you don't, so you resorted to namecalling and virtue signalling. It's not helping your case.
Forestmistress - SW 6x
Etealas - BG 6x