Recent Topics

Ads

Theft

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Nirawen

Re: Theft

Post#11 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:30 pm

It is true that lately I have often made the changes that you brought to classes that my senses ultimately imbalance even more mirror classes .... BUT you're doing a good job, then continue like that in hope that this does not delay the project ...

Sorry for my english

Ads
Harkonen
Banned

Post#12 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:32 pm

Getting years of personal work stolen sucks ass.

Nevertheless I will play on both servers and stay on the one that caters most to my personal demand/supply.

Both projects have (last I heard) stated intentions of diverting from 1.4.8 with custom changes. So in the end it is all a crapshoot.

Glorian

Post#13 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:40 pm

I'm also not a fan of some recent changes or class balances, disruptable dots, useless turrets or non healing pets....BUT the goal of the RoR Dev team is to give Age of Reckoning the Balance it never got on live. And give usefullness to masteries that were total suboptimal in AoR.

While the goal of the Second Server is on the state of AoR it had before it was closed. Which is also great, but only if you play one of the top classes.

So apart from the Thievery cause, RoR means progression. Progression hurts the involved, but that is good as this keeps the community alive.

mogt

Post#14 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:42 pm

i hope they find this thief, i think that is not easy

darude83
Suspended

Post#15 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:51 pm

What purpose does your virtue signalling rant serve? Why even give this other project any attention?

Do you think you can convince anyone, that you're the one holding the moral high ground, while calling people human trash, and threatening their livelyhoods?

And now you're banning people from the forums?

You are oozing a megalomaniac, authoritarian vibe, that is more than a little disturbing.

I get that you spent a lot of time on this project, and we are grateful for it, but maybe go out into the sun once in a while, and get some perspective.
Forestmistress - SW 6x
Etealas - BG 6x

warislove

Post#16 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:55 pm

i see some of you already know of this "second server" and that will be a 1.4.8. version of it?
thats what i get for not hanging around cool kids

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#17 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:55 pm

darude83 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 12:51 pm What purpose does your virtue signalling rant serve? Why even give this other project any attention?

Do you think you can convince anyone, that you're the one holding the moral high ground, while calling people human trash, and threatening their livelyhoods?

You are oozing a megalomaniac, authoritarian vibe, that is more than a little disturbing.

I get that you spent a lot of time on this project, and we are grateful for it, but maybe go out into the sun once in a while, and get some perspective.
I'm actually sunburned at the moment. Terribly overrated.

You're getting no sympathy from me for showing any support to the theft our code. If that's the first response you have, you can take a break from the forums for a while. Shockingly authoritarian, I know.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#18 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:56 pm

darude83 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 12:51 pm What purpose does your virtue signalling rant serve? Why even give this other project any attention?

You should explain this to Lheanna or Grunbag or Ryan or Sioding, or anyone who is working in the shadow for months/years.

Have they been mean with anyone? Nope. So they deserved to be robbed of their personnal work? In the name of what exactly ?

Cause you have issues with X you are legit to take what Y has done? really?

lets be VERY CLEAR. We don't give a **** another Server exist, that great. But thievery guys...

Ads
darude83
Suspended

Post#19 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:59 pm

Everything in moderation. :) Too much sun isn't great either. Well, at least we're exploring the root of the divide, you're under the perception that you've created this game, and others see it differently, and you might not get the sympathy for this code theft that you would expect, judging by your emotional post.
Forestmistress - SW 6x
Etealas - BG 6x

Acidic

Post#20 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:04 pm

Not good that this happens but from my perspective the staff / volunteers here would be impossible for any breakaway to compete with.