Recent Topics

Ads

Theft

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Epo

Re: Theft

Post#111 » Tue May 22, 2018 4:54 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 4:51 pm
Jinxypie wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 4:40 pm Well to be honest you grabbed what you could from AoR and now they did it with RoR. Kind of deja vu.
Let say Ror is a car. To build this car we had the noise made by the engine (packets) and a photogrphy (client). Thats all.
But you still need the car body (the aesthetic) which is the IP, which is what people are trying to put across. As there is no legal right to it.

Ads
live4treasure

Post#112 » Tue May 22, 2018 4:57 pm

I don't know how this thread managed to turn into a drama storm, but you have my sympathy devs. I think people forget a bit too readily that you're providing us with a game completely out of your own pocket and enthusiasm. Sorry for the crap you've had to go through with the whole theft fiasco, hope it doesn't kill your enthusiasm towards RoR.

To the people that decided to use this thread as a way to complain about not getting what you want and stuff... first of all, do you even have a solid grasp of reality? Do you realise the thread you're posting this in? And second, you seem to have somehow gotten it into your heads that the devs of this server "owe" you something and decide that you have a right to get butthurt when they don't give you stuff that you want, as if it's some sort of duty they have before you. Take a long hard look at yourselves from a larger, more sane perspective, because this is just infantile
Giladar - rr 80 DPS AM

Harkanor

Post#113 » Tue May 22, 2018 5:02 pm

Absolutely pathetic. Hope you find these a-holes. Any way random players like me can help?

mogt

Post#114 » Tue May 22, 2018 5:05 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 4:52 pm
mogt wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 4:46 pm
you have no idea, how many work is in that, what the devs do, go away you little kid
That was a trash account created today. We've seen a couple. Totally expected. No one likes being called out on being literal human trash. :)
sry wargrimmir, but i hate trash people, they have no idea, how many work you and the other devs do for us,

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#115 » Tue May 22, 2018 5:12 pm

Epo wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 4:54 pm
Yaliskah wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 4:51 pm
Jinxypie wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 4:40 pm Well to be honest you grabbed what you could from AoR and now they did it with RoR. Kind of deja vu.
Let say Ror is a car. To build this car we had the noise made by the engine (packets) and a photogrphy (client). Thats all.
But you still need the car body (the aesthetic) which is the IP, which is what people are trying to put across. As there is no legal right to it.

Wrong. No need of the client to dev the server. But obviouly without a client a server become pointless... You could run the server without possessing the client. Where is the IP infringement then? But i see your point and we admit this project is placed in a grey area. As you can see, we don't use GW illustrations anymore, there is no mention of WARHAMMER anywhere to avoid any kind of confusion, we have a About page who explain CLEARLY our purpose and origins... and since 5 years, no one from GW has come here asking us to stop, even this project is well known by their side.

Manatikik

Post#116 » Tue May 22, 2018 5:22 pm

One quick note: robbery/robbing someone requires physical force and intimidation; can we stop using this word? Kind of a pet peeve, thanks!
<Montague><Capulet>

Martok

Post#117 » Tue May 22, 2018 5:26 pm

live4treasure wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 4:57 pmDo you realise the thread you're posting this in? And second, you seem to have somehow gotten it into your heads that the devs of this server "owe" you something and decide that you have a right to get butthurt when they don't give you stuff that you want...

I will say this and then all things being equal I will be finished in this thread.

I realize Wargrimnir and the remainder of the staff do not need me to defend them, but I am going to do it anyway. In my time here I have been witness to a number of events which have, in context of playing a video game, left me near speechless. One such example. On the day the Dwarf player I mentioned earlier was banned, apparently the first attempt to ban him was unsuccessful and unbeknownst to Wargrimnir the guy was still in game. For some thirty minutes the rest of us had to endure this Dwarf player's constant, petty and vile, disgusting, gutter-level rant against not only Wargrimnir but the server in general, to include comments targeted at wives and mothers. Wargrimnir's wife (I don't know the guy personally but assuming he is married-and it really doesn't matter to the issue at hand) in particular was the target of singularly vile insults.

If any of you guys find that stuff to be funny, that is your prerogative. But I don't want to play any game in such an environment. It was at that moment I decided the staff here was perfectly legit in defending not only themselves but their turf from petty and small minded cretins like this vulgar moron of a dwarf player.

I don't agree with everything done here but I don't call people names or attack their character in response. Nor, if one of them truly made me mad, would I steal their stuff in a puerile attempt to destroy the work they have done, which is all this second server amounts to.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Harkanor

Post#118 » Tue May 22, 2018 5:32 pm

Robbery also means stealing other people's work. No need for some paper stating of intellectual property. We're talking about common decency here.
Last edited by Harkanor on Tue May 22, 2018 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Wdova

Post#119 » Tue May 22, 2018 5:33 pm

I am shoocked but on other hand something like this crap was expected while dev team getting bigger and bigger. Even I dont agree with some decisions I cant even explain how much I thank You for Your interest and hard work to bring back the best pvp MMO rpg ever made. I follow this project from its verry first begining( hello max level 10 and server limit 50 players😁). Whoever stolen the code,he would not be able to run it properly because of heavy lack of code knowledge and experience. I completely understsnd You feelings guys and girls and I hope this crap situation doesnt stop You from You hard work. What doesnt kill You,makes You stronger. May the force be with You.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Avici

Post#120 » Tue May 22, 2018 5:52 pm

Gravord wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:24 pm
Secrets wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:40 pm It is one thing to preserve a game that no longer exists
Lots of valid points but part in quote is questionable. With all the imposed and simply not needed class changes it stopped to feel like "preserving WAR" a while back. To many it feels like game is being warped into something different. Tweaks are understandable, but thing like making ranged class into leading melee class (last two 6vs6 events two order teams out of ten didnt run ASW) and other unwanted changes create discontent in playerbase. Additionally every concern about those changes is met with rude responses or flat out threats of banning ppl who dare to speak up.
Not defending new server in any way, but stuff like that happen for a reason. Maybe RoR dev team should take a closer look into own ranks and evaluate if every team member behaves with at least modicum respect towards playerbase and if implemented changes are not too drastic and if game balance really needs them.
If those issues above wouldnt be real, nobody would ever bother making new server and nobody would be interested in playing there. Its the disregard of playerbase shown by certain RoR staff members that creates demand and supply for new options.
Just "preserving" the game will make the people bored and fed up. A theme park MMO like WAR needs constant new stuff to keep people playing.