Recent Topics

Ads

DEV DIARY - March 2016

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
navis

Re: DEV DIARY - March 2016

Post#21 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:52 pm

Thanks for that and answering my questions. Excellent insight into this project.

(ofc I have a response to some things, hopefully doesn't give a headache) Very nice job on the video.
I think there is still too much stuff to finish for T1-T3 RvR before moving to T4, but hey that's just my ideas.

Siege Weaponry I like that it sounds top priority and that it coming from the keep forman - which is a lot better than 1.4.x (I am assuming he's talking about siege weapons being in your inventory).

Most of my RvR concerns are stemming from much of my gameplay from throughout WAR's lifetime, something I feel I had a good handle on.. The 'fun-ness' of the gameplay experience and immersion factor. Player - vs - interface is a big concern especially for those players who aren't apart of the clique (in the know players).
Many RvR rulesets aren't displayed in game or on the forums (if they are probably mentioned though somewhere)

So just think what a bunch of players can think when they just log on and see that their keep is not their keep, so that person won't go there. They will log off or go to a scenario or go to pve perhaps.
Last night, all three zones locked because Order zerged and no opposition in any keeps. "Where to next?".
T1 - same zone all the time nobody really thinks about occupying a Zone other than Nordland except to do the Objective roll with little or no opposition.
T2 - Is there any incentive to lock any zone in favor of another? Why be in elf or why be in empire there is no racial bonus and no bonus from Objective... No info is given about Zone Lock. All the keeps need to be owned by either realm, I think.
T3 - really good action in Elven lands and Empire. Badlands and BFP badly needs to have the keeps owned by either realm. I think lots of people agree that variety will add a lot of extra enjoyment to WAR.

That's too bad about the packet issue on Keep claiming, though.

All the things I mention are there to make the player more informed (especially for casual play) so he can know where fighting is actually happening. Things are a lot better than they were 2 weeks ago.

VP - By VP what I was referring to was even the value of the Objectives and not necessarily the other components. So for example right now it would be a big improvement if the Objectives were represented better as Red/Blue bars, and would indicate the Lock status, or if the Zone is not Contested.

Map Icons - there is really two issues here. 1) the Visual Bug of the icons after a Zone Lock (sucks for skirmish player) or trying to find refuge
2) the Map area here..Image Good for non-peak time gameplay. It's not always obvious what is happening and in what tier.

Oh War report was good for 1 free flight to a zone that was indicating activity

Anyways that's it thanks again.

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#22 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:57 pm

Every person who post here I imagine their posts in diffrent voices

I always imagines you having a diffrent voice

peterthepan3

Post#23 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:00 pm

Awesome man!

Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#24 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:03 pm

Shadowgurke wrote:I can't help but feel that saying"content" your main concern is dungeons? We've had that discussion several times already. Dungeons were a great catch-up mechanism as it is. The highest level dungeon will always give adequate gear for high end RvR. Please don't cheat me out of my Warhammer fix because you want them to be an integral part of gearing up. I say this as someone who did every dungeon multiple times and enjoyed them quite a bit.
Actually, no, I meant things like forts and city sieges. Dungeons are something we would like to do, but at the moment we're waiting for Londo to finish his instance tool, and that's at least two months away. If I had to come up with a rough roadmap based on what I had said, it would look something like this:
  1. T4 without forts, annihilator, RR45
    • (shortly followed by)
  2. Forts, conqueror, RR55.
    • (At this point we focus on designing a new RvR campaign system. Potentially plateau dvelopment on new content here for a while)
  3. New RvR campaign, RR65, maybe invader depending on how we could work it in
    • (instance builder should be working by now, so the goal is fixing cities)
  4. City sieges, warlord gear, RR80
    • (???)
  5. something cool, Soveriegn gear.
The instance tool should be done between phases 1 and 4. City sieges would be the priority at this point, followed by other dungeons. Phase 5 might just be merged with phase 4.

Shadowgurke

Post#25 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:09 pm

Genisaurus wrote:
Actually, no, I meant things like forts and city sieges. Dungeons are something we would like to do, but at the moment we're waiting for Londo to finish his instance tool, and that's at least two months away. If I had to come up with a rough roadmap based on what I had said, it would look something like this:
  1. T4 without forts, annihilator, RR45
    • (shortly followed by)
  2. Forts, conqueror, RR55.
    • (At this point we focus on designing a new RvR campaign system. Potentially plateau dvelopment on new content here for a while)
  3. New RvR campaign, RR65, maybe invader depending on how we could work it in
    • (instance builder should be working by now, so the goal is fixing cities)
  4. City sieges, warlord gear, RR80
    • (???)
  5. something cool, Soveriegn gear.
The instance tool should be done between phases 1 and 4. City sieges would be the priority at this point, followed by other dungeons. Phase 5 might just be merged with phase 4.
Fair enough, thank you for your time.

One final question if I may ask, what stops you from not capping RR and just let people get the renown and farm the gear once it becomes available?

Dabbart

Post#26 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:16 pm

You forgot PROFIT! for part 4.

But that seems really cool!

T4 w/o forts would be really nice to give the playerbase a chance to catch up a bit. I know that there are a **** ton of players waiting for t4 to dump their balance idea's and want to get some changes in and tested. Not to mention the armor redesigns for anni(possible), and the SC armor(which I am almost sexually excited about.... I hate anni gear by and large...)

But take yo time. We appreciate every minute you folks spend on this game. I hope that the dev/GM team can appreciate the time they are are on as well. And never feel like it's a chore to deal with us bastards.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

TenTonHammer

Post#27 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:25 pm

Dabbart wrote:You forgot PROFIT
Devs arnt allowed to profit remeber? ;)

Dabbart

Post#28 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:35 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:
Dabbart wrote:You forgot PROFIT
Devs arnt allowed to profit remeber? ;)

See this is kinda crap. As a community we should come together to ensure some of these guys' alts at least can march around with decent tali's and gear. I have seen a few in, not bad gear at all! but not the top echelon. Spread the love people! They spend the time on helping the game and community, we get the spare time to farm... Or maybe I just smoked far too much weed.

Also, I meant PROFIT! As in, RR80, IE true end game. IE the game is pretty much at it's final completion, and therefore could leave Alpha, and most importantly in my opinion, be that one step closer to how War was SUPPOSED to be.

That kind of Profit.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
PartizanRUS

Post#29 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:37 pm

Wait, new Launcher and new content to the client, thats srs stuff.
How exactly, with hooks or direct editing ?
Burn heretics and mutants, purge the unclean. ingame - Partizan . Hammer of Sigmar guild [RUS]
Image https://i.imgur.com/Un7WASp.jpg Image Image

dave2278

Post#30 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:43 pm

Will there be a way to make lvling a lot faster for ORvR?