Recent Topics

Ads

Theft

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Tesq

Re: Theft

Post#51 » Tue May 22, 2018 2:08 pm

Hargrim wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:56 pm
Tesq wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:48 pm well for sure is bad, but not that bad if at least player info didn't got stolen luckyly than is at i get the frustration but look at it from anther perspective the server wont be damages from this, your work actually is in the server (the real one) if that ruin smooth and fine and accounts are safe you can rest better at least.

Btw should you encourage a password change to avoid problem anyway? is the password change working atm smooth?

No need to change your password, other than the standard password policy saying to change it every so often and don't use the same password in more than 1 place. I think password change works as usually so do it at your own risk :).
i asked this because once the pass change process took days , i just changed it just in case since i never changed it from the first i put :D

now is 2x the lengh, try enter if you want :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Ads
guido

Post#52 » Tue May 22, 2018 2:09 pm

kinda looking forward to that, finally some real cheaters and exploiters in it, also welcome back bretin :P btw anyone has a link to that new server. gotta test stuff out ya know.

licenje

Post#53 » Tue May 22, 2018 2:16 pm

Changes you did made my whole guild stop playing and i hate you guys for it :D
But you are doing a great job in keeping game alive and im utterly grateful for it.
I know it sux geting your work stolen... But whats done is done...
Take it as achievement cos ppl dont steal junk, they steal good stuff, witch means you got good stuff...
Learn from this be more careful in future and keep up the good work!

Toriblack

daniilpb

Post#54 » Tue May 22, 2018 2:17 pm

Well, that's sad.
Hopefully, it won't demotivate RoR team and maybe even give them a bit more passion for the project.
RoR must outshine every other server :D
(We all know It's the best server around xD but still there is no limit to perfection)
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

simtex
Suspended

Post#55 » Tue May 22, 2018 2:20 pm

you should file a lawsuit.
Beautybeast|Buffedbabe|Inikah|Simtex|Seifu
twitch

Wam

Post#56 » Tue May 22, 2018 2:21 pm

To me seems like a general private server thing, I've played two different games on private servers, WOW & ROR... same thing happend at the top, one rogue dev went behind back stole code/database setup rival server lots of drama happen and community split as result (more drama in wow though, bigger playerbase and shadyness with financial transactions and threats etc)

sorry for your breach of trust to the staff... must be a real kick in the balls but that is part of human nature (i've had guild leadership issues in the past when someone with bad ethos gets in a position of power then abused and clearly unfit for thats one of reasons why im leader now) I would just like to say thankyou for all the hours you've put into providing a free, stable and relatively fair platform for us in TUP, and the players at whole to enjoy. You gave us the platform to team and make memories together so cheers for that.

I don't agree with every change or decision, but i know its not as easy as it looks.
Be proud of your successes and keep up the good work, don't let haters get you down... good luck with project

you already have a player base and a track record... so you have an advantage and also your staff already know their roles and are experienced. The rest pretty much comes down to player interaction, balance, stability, direction. If all those are satisfactory or above I doubt you lose many players.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Alandrian

Post#57 » Tue May 22, 2018 2:22 pm

GodlessCrom wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:37 pm
Avici wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:31 pm Thievery is bad. Why would anyone even do this when we all know that there is not enough population to support a second server.
Well I rather suspect a certain chunk of the population are already playing on the second server. RoR population has been particularly low lately, which is surprising considering the RR cap removal and increase of rr gains, which would normally spike the pop.

Unfortunate if true, as I cant imagine either server will maintain a healthy pop
I can't find any information whatsoever on this second server, certainly not through search engines. So how are people even going to find it to play on it? This thread is the first I've heard of it.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#58 » Tue May 22, 2018 2:23 pm

Don't misunderstand us. It is not about losing players or not. It is not about being the only one or not. it has never been.

Ror's detractors are pointing some specific ppl from the team (and not the biggest number..) to define what is RoR and its reputation. Who are these people? how many are they? are they the majority? Last time i checked : no.

They forgot the point where this house is ours (atleast mine according i'm the one who pays for), and anyone is welcome. No need to suck anyone to play, just sit and enjoy the show. You don't like the movie ? Well the door is still open, cya later or never. As simple as that. I highly doubt anyone in the team started to ban anyone for no reason (mostly because thousand of players haven't heard about Warg or Torque directly for exemple...).

Anyway. How should we define this specific person who has STOLEN then? What about his reputation and extendedly this new project ?

Being a robber and be proud of it is better than being sometime an ass ?

Creating a server and using a copyrighted name isn't being an ass?
Better, hosting it in the EA and GW homeland isn't being an ass?
Promising "amazing" enhancements to players and forget to be just a bit transparent about the origin of the projet isn't being an ass?
Forgeting to ask to interested ppl (BD team) atleast if their work can be used for another project isn't being an ass?

Seems it is a thief AND an ass. And idon't really understand where is the bonus (but i'm stupid).

Once again, anyone have access to WarEmu sources... look :
https://github.com/WarEmu/WarEmu
It is free, open source, and it is made for. Wanna make your own perfect war server? proceed.

If a code dev is unable to make the diff between what is Open source and what is not, well...

This action just reflect (godwin incoming) some poor manners. X is an ass? all the team is full of asses so let punish them. Now replace The X by a genre, and you will have the perfect fascist most of detractor are pointing on. Gratz guys. You are all some kind of X...

So all this long post is about thievery, reputation and common sense. Nothing else.

Now, according we have not the "luck" to have leaked sources, we have lot of work to make RoR better, so live and let die.

But we had to make things clear.

You are judge players.

Ads
darude83
Suspended

Post#59 » Tue May 22, 2018 2:23 pm

simtex wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:20 pm you should file a lawsuit.
9/10
Forestmistress - SW 6x
Etealas - BG 6x

Gravord

Post#60 » Tue May 22, 2018 2:24 pm

Secrets wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:40 pm It is one thing to preserve a game that no longer exists
Lots of valid points but part in quote is questionable. With all the imposed and simply not needed class changes it stopped to feel like "preserving WAR" a while back. To many it feels like game is being warped into something different. Tweaks are understandable, but thing like making ranged class into leading melee class (last two 6vs6 events two order teams out of ten didnt run ASW) and other unwanted changes create discontent in playerbase. Additionally every concern about those changes is met with rude responses or flat out threats of banning ppl who dare to speak up.
Not defending new server in any way, but stuff like that happen for a reason. Maybe RoR dev team should take a closer look into own ranks and evaluate if every team member behaves with at least modicum respect towards playerbase and if implemented changes are not too drastic and if game balance really needs them.
If those issues above wouldnt be real, nobody would ever bother making new server and nobody would be interested in playing there. Its the disregard of playerbase shown by certain RoR staff members that creates demand and supply for new options.