Recent Topics

Ads

Event part 3 - too much tasks?

Get organized here and slay that monster, or challenge your enemy to an epic battle on the battlefield.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Nomeus

Event part 3 - too much tasks?

Post#1 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:18 pm

50 scs (10 wins). 42 scurry serveral maps like a madman "secrets", 120 objective kills and a number of "haha, find the quest giver" ploys without even knowing what the reward is... Will it decay, whatever it is? This isn't an event for the players - it's trolling!

Ads
neupWAR

Re: Event part 3, what the damn hell?!

Post#2 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:29 pm

It's probably a psych experiment to see how much gamers will take to get the new "shinnies" ;)

MaxHayman
Management

Post#3 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:32 pm

If you put your mouse over the quest objectives in the Tome of Knowledge it tells you their names and where they are.

You have ~2 months at least to complete the Live Event which is less than 1 Scenario a day.
Max Hayman

Grious

Post#4 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:54 pm

Not going to lie, I have kind of enjoyed how the reaction to the initial release of each part of the event has basically been some variation of "WTF"

Caduceus

Post#5 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:26 pm

I've loved the events so far. The rewards were great, really looking forward to seeing what the last reward is too.

The tasks may seem long, but if you play RvR and scenarios you'll likely finish them naturally within a week or so. Or maybe two? But we've got months.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

diegomess

Post#6 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:29 am

Probably is a cape that nobody can see anyways because the appearances are bugged
Chosen Dahaka RR88
BO Zamedi 80

Alucard2010

Post#7 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:12 am

diegomess wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:29 am Probably is a cape that nobody can see anyways because the appearances are bugged
Ok - this made me laugh so hard. Well done.

arturziomas

Post#8 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:46 am

Meh, relax, its an event thats going on until at least october, give it a week or two and you will have maps/guides on how to finish it anyway.
Tugtug 8x BO
Tuglug 8x Shammy
Tugfug 7x SH
Tugpug 4x Choppa
Tughug 6x DoK

Ads
Grious

Re: Event part 3 - too much tasks?

Post#9 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:11 pm

I actually think the 3rd one is the best planned out of three parts of this event. No silly t1 stuff, no stupid 6v6 SC requirement. Lots to do PvE-wise when there is a lull in RvR/Waiting for SCs to pop. An actual variety of SCs to choose from to help break the monotony of the grind. Yeah the relics might feel a little brutal but I like that stuff so I am biased. Also I have noticed a lot of people having trouble finding the clue NPC quest givers so I will leave this here.
Spoiler:
Mousing over the 3 individual updates under the find the npc quests givers actually tells you the NPC name and where they are located.

shebali

Re: Event part 3 - too much tasks?

Post#10 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:01 pm

Nomeus wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:18 pm 50 scs (10 wins). 42 scurry serveral maps like a madman "secrets", 120 objective kills and a number of "haha, find the quest giver" ploys without even knowing what the reward is... Will it decay, whatever it is? This isn't an event for the players - it's trolling!
Yes, these events are trolling. The devs are not very active in playing the game as one stated it is a day of playing for some task. But, people I know who played gave up with how poorly these events were done.

1. Pretty much killed ORVR. Almost all of the kills need to be done in SC's as most don't work in orvr. So, a huge drop in pvp.
2. Everyone knows how poorly setup the kill x players are. People move off BO's and most times it does not count. Or quest is bugged and when you take a keep does not give credit.
3. The T1 event is almost impossible to do if you did not get it done weeks ago.
4.The event does not count for all objective, instead it is zone based and most times none of the zones will be opened.
5. The even is not ALT friendly, pretty much need to farm these events hours each day and still won't be completed.

Most people are taking a break for now as these events have really hurt orvr and with New World a few weeks away I don't think people feel the need to log in currently.