Recent Topics

Ads

Capture Keep - Event Part 2

Get organized here and slay that monster, or challenge your enemy to an epic battle on the battlefield.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
mynban

Capture Keep - Event Part 2

Post#1 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:03 am

I was really happy to see "Get 20 kills defending within 100yards of BO" type of really restrictive quest conditions were removed from part 2. But now we have a much worse quest item in there. I didnt bring it up before, because I was hoping doing 9/10 quests without capturing keep would give final reward. Sadly, final reward requires 10/10.

Right now I have (on 2 chars) completed all other tasks with 9/10, where remaining quest is "capture keep". I am really frustrated right now, since I realize all the effort went into doing Part 1 was also for nothing, because I will need both stones in the end... And here is the core of my frustration;

As a player whether I can get "Capture Keep" quest done or not, this is 100% LUCK. As in literally luck, and nothing else. All below conditions has to align;

- City starting when you are online, so that T2 opens for capture.
- Your realm outnumbering other side.

I thought I can be an active participant pushing for forts, and city; so that I can then rush to T2. And I did that for a week. Joined actively in all oRvR going, did my best participating to organized efforts. But in the end, whether a city actually happens while I am still online is pure luck. I can do my absolute best trying to organize people, and get no city that day. Or I can just log on and see that a city is about to start.

I had 2 city happen while I was online this week, and did not join any city but rathered rushed to T2 event zone. Both times my side was outnumbered 1:2 at least. We did our absolute best, we kept other side from entering keep for 45mins after gate was down. But numbers means everything, and all our effort was nothing more than delaying the inevitable. Those who xrealm with multi accounts, just jumped to other side and swung 2 hits on lord and got their event reward. People like me, who dont xrealm on multi account got nothing out of all that effort (well we got bags, but we were there for only one reason: EVENT).

I have no control over when T2 opens, I have no control whether my realm outnumbers. If I dont xrealm on multi accounts, my chance of getting that quest is 100% LUCK.

SOLUTION SUGGESTION:
Make final reward given at either 9/10 quests, or add one more new quest to mix so that we can get 10/10 with an alternate method.

Ads
xSAILORMOONx

Re: Capture Keep - Event Part 2

Post#2 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:22 am

Absolutely agree, change the task plz

Panel

Post#3 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:11 am

Not a problem for me - with Destro numbers totally out of control currently I foresaw something like this happening and didn't bother with the event at all. Just hope the end rewards aren't too powerful seeing that it will be mostly Destro that have them.

ravezaar

Post#4 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:09 pm

I agree, since it was bugged ofr a week I didnt get it and now City happens middle of night again, doubt I get that one
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

mynban

Post#5 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:12 am

Today I had yet another instance where my luck denied me capture the keep event.. It is my last task, and by the time I logged in city was ongoing, I rushed to T2 but keep was taken before city was even over and I was too late...

Ability to do this event task requires being online for that time period that is smaller than 20mins, that only opens up once a day. And if you manage to be online, your realm also need to be overpopulating too.

This is the worst task in whole of event (including all 3 parts). Please introduce a new alternative final quest that is not 100% luck based....

RuffRyder

Post#6 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:46 am

I have to somewhat agree here although the timeframe of the event still opens a lot of occassions to catch the missing tasks.

I found myself dedicating roughly ten evening almost exclusively into the event parts during the past weeks (not playing anything else) and only had one single keep take that didn't even count for some reason I haven't figured, yet (maybe too far from inner keep, dunno).

T2 zones I have seen open three times with AAO heavily favoring Destruction sadly, so it's indeed both luck to catch the zone open at all and then having the momentum, which usually isn't the case because City queue leads to population with higher Destruction numbers, flooding zones with all the players not catching a City spot.

I can only hope to finish it on time, but don't see me getting the keep takes, yet.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

FinduilAsuryan

Post#7 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:37 am

Really annoying - Took keep three times, nothing. Since then, Not online or destro lock
Finduil WL 40 /81
Hakatri SM 40/80
Alqua AM 40/69
Xinduil SW 40/54

nonfactor

Post#8 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:19 pm

its baffling that is has not been changed

Ads
sceptered

Post#9 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:13 pm

A few T2 missions started when I was online
A smaller number of orderly parties dominate from the start to the end
My mission finally moved forward with 3 kills in BOJ

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#10 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:40 pm

The total number of tasks needed to complete the event will be decreased by one, so if you still need the keep captures and you're unable to complete that task efficiently, you just have to wait till the server restarts and the list will be updated. Sorry for the inconvenience.