Kill Trading = only way of completing event

Get organized here and slay that monster, or challenge your enemy to an epic battle on the battlefield.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
mynban

Kill Trading = only way of completing event

Post#1 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:35 am

I have been trying to complete event on just one character, and I hit the point of impossibility now. I completed all tasks but Kill 20 on each BO defending/attacking.

And among 8 defend/attack BO subquests Lookout one is the only one I completed, and I completed it on both defend and attack. How? By joining a WB trading kills with a destro WB after arranging it on discord. Unlucky for me lookout was the last one they were trading so they went their way after that.

I spent hours in T1 and have god knows how many hundreds kills with my WH. And I am not talking about killing a random running in map. I am talking about patiently waiting at BO hiding away, and attacking them when they are on BO. 90% of the time they run a little bit away and kill doesn't count on flag.... The most frustrating event requirement ever. Now my only option is arrange a discord with a xrealmer so we can trade kills..

Kill defend/attack quests needs to be replaced with "Kill 200 players in Ekrund T1" and that will make the event actually doable. I am not even talking about fun here, I am talking about ability to complete event.

Ads
normanis

Re: Kill Trading = only way of completing event

Post#2 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:33 am

for full complited event u get rock.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#3 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:13 am

You have several weeks to complete the event, we're also reviewing these tasks internally so there might be a decrease in the number of kills needed.

Be aware though that kill trading will result in a punishment for the players, on both sides. Do not break the rules to solve an issue. Wait for this week's patch notes to check if the event tasks will be eased or not.

kryss

Post#4 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:31 am

GamesBond wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:13 am You have several weeks to complete the event, we're also reviewing these tasks internally so there might be a decrease in the number of kills needed.

Be aware though that kill trading will result in a punishment for the players, on both sides. Do not break the rules to solve an issue. Wait for this week's patch notes to check if the event tasks will be eased or not.
I have to say that the kills linked to the BOs is really bad design, even 300 random kills in the RvR zone would be better and more fun than this.. :(

mynban

Post#5 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:50 am

GamesBond wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:13 am You have several weeks to complete the event, we're also reviewing these tasks internally so there might be a decrease in the number of kills needed.

If that is punishable, then you will need to punish majority of players who managed to complete the questline, as getting quest objective count without otherside agreeing to stay on BO while you are killing them is literally impossible. If they decide to run for 4-5 seconds they are out of quest requirement for kill happening in flag.

What happens is that two warbands somehow form at the same time and have a gentlemanly fight exactly on top of flag where they dont back from BO location when they are losing and all kills happening on BO. And then winning side gallantly walks out of flag zone a few handred yards away, so that otherside can flip the BO and they now can fight with defender/attacker roles swapped. This is literally the only way quest can be done right now.

mjd67

Post#6 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:22 am

At first I thought the same about this part of the event, but then I lead a warband for 2 hours on Sunday afternoon and got all the kills. Wasn’t hard at all, I took the warband to the BO’s I needed.
Stop asking to be spoon fed everything, start working for your loot, even if it is just a random rock.

Lllara

Morradin

Post#7 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:23 pm

mjd67 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:22 am At first I thought the same about this part of the event, but then I lead a warband for 2 hours on Sunday afternoon and got all the kills. Wasn’t hard at all, I took the warband to the BO’s I needed.
Stop asking to be spoon fed everything, start working for your loot, even if it is just a random rock.

Lllara
A lot of it also depends on time of day and how many are playing. Obviously it is easier to complete the quest when there are a lot of people playing.

mynban

Post#8 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:04 am

mjd67 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:22 am At first I thought the same about this part of the event, but then I lead a warband for 2 hours on Sunday afternoon and got all the kills. Wasn’t hard at all, I took the warband to the BO’s I needed.

Lllara
Tried that with a 6man, doesnt work. People immediately run away form BO the moment they see us, or if we are on top of BO they never come. Good luck getting anywhere during oceana prime time with 350 people online that way.

Ads
Garamore

Post#9 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:51 am

I completed it in EU prime time by taking and leading a wb to the bos i needed and making sure we let people cap the bo so we could attack and then take it and defend. Took quite a while to do and a lot of yelling in wb chat. Eventually we got to the point of not killing their healers so they kept ressing and we could then kill them again. Outside of EU primetime (which I tried earlier) I only got a few kills and none in Mount Bloodhorn.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Fenris78

Post#10 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:04 pm

If the event is going to the long run, it could be better to change goals to xxx kills on zone, and less "attack/defend", to make the whole thing a bit more dynamic.

Also, the risk by only going to "kill xx greenskins of each career" is either :
- under-represented classes that will get you trouble finding them (even is scenario can ease the grind, but I got plenty of them without the required class, or didnt got kills on them because we lost).
- Becoming a moving target playing Dwarf/greenskin and suffer miserably since everyone and their mother want you dead : not the best gameplay experience when you have bounty on you.
- Discrepancies between archetypes resilience and abilities (healers are very strong in T1, tanks can get a beating, WH/WE got insane dps burst, vastly different abilities to work with, access to AoE, etc.) wich make kills harder for some classes.

So in an average situation with everyone perfectly represented and played at the same time, it's easy. When you got barely enough people in zone and zero player with needed class on your timezone, it's barely feasible.

I suggest a killquest like the t4 paragon one, like kill 100 chaos + 100 DE + 100 greenskins in the zone ; this way you dont put pressure on specific classes, and you allow everyone to even out the killcount (yes it's less roleplay for the Battle for Ekrund, I know...), while making the whole zone more dynamic ; less pressure to capture the flags, more activity overall and tactical moves allowed, being in wb or small groups you can achieve the goal.