Recent Topics

Ads

Return to Ekrund - What in the god damn.. ?

Get organized here and slay that monster, or challenge your enemy to an epic battle on the battlefield.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Phattsy

Re: Return to Ekrund - What in the god damn.. ?

Post#41 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:03 pm

I have to agree; I haven't played in a very long time, so everything is all still pretty new and fresh for me. But I think the idea of bringing attention to a specific area, and having to complete objectives there and 'fight for your side' has been quite interesting and definitely a nice change of pace from back and forth siege battles. Because of the lower entry level and not needing to know more advanced things like keep levels and siege tactics, it allowed me to enter into RvR with a low level of pressure and led to me actually creating my own warbands and making new friends in order to complete some of the parts of the quest.

Also, it seems like the davs have actually paid attention to some of these concerns and have lowered some of the objective kills last time I checked, so it would seem they are hearing us and our concerns. Kudos for that! I think people expect so much out of them to create this perfectly balanced game for both sides and that is a really hard thing to accomplish, so just seeing a small change like this I think is at least a little bit of proof they're out there listening to us.

Overall, I've enjoyed my time in Ekrund, and I'm interested to see how they plan to continue the event in the future! Til then, my black orc will be looking out for dem stuntiez ;)

Ads
GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#42 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:14 pm

Phattsy wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:03 pm Also, it seems like the davs have actually paid attention to some of these concerns and have lowered some of the objective kills last time I checked, so it would seem they are hearing us and our concerns. Kudos for that! I think people expect so much out of them to create this perfectly balanced game for both sides and that is a really hard thing to accomplish, so just seeing a small change like this I think is at least a little bit of proof they're out there listening to us.
Of course, feedback is taken into consideration when it's constructive and fruitful.

Haskr

Post#43 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:27 pm

:D thank you for the change devs! now its not so hard to complete the event!

mika9713

Post#44 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:34 am

hello, having already made good progress in part two blood in the water, I would like to thank the team for taking into account our opinions, request for change .. thank you
Celiana WE 90
Celhiana sorc 80+
Celyana WL 80+
Cehliana AM 80+
Zaniah Wh 80+

Glorian

Post#45 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:59 am

mika9713 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:34 am hello, having already made good progress in part two blood in the water, I would like to thank the team for taking into account our opinions, request for change .. thank you
Totally agree.
Objectives are different and none look like a new job to grind for 10 hours. :)

paperclipdog

Post#46 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:01 pm

Here are my thoughts:

-The event idea is fun.

-The Artifact hunt can be fun for some, others will wait for someone to provide maps/coordinates, so it's not an issue. I waited for a map to be posted on discord and still had fun getting them.

-The PQ farming is fine, it's just busy work but at the same time forces at least a little extra exploration of the zones.

It would be really nice if the PQs worked though (looking at you, 2nd event destro side pq in BV... mfing canons) :p

-Getting 20 kills while defending & attacking each BO can be a nightmare and take for ever to complete which combined with the return to T1 pvp being a nice novelty that wears off quickly makes for a very unfun experience. It will be especially difficult to acquire these once most people have finished the T1 part, it's just too many kills.

In my opinion it should be changed to just X (maybe 10) kills at each BO, regardless of defense/offense. The 50 of each dwarf class should be reduced slightly aswell, however since it can be done in scenarios it's not that big of a deal and may facilitate people to stay and pvp in the zone for longer.

-While it may be debateable if not knowing the end reward is inherently bad, you just have to tell us how long the event will last from the beginning. Not knowing just causes stress and the need to complete it asap.

-Having to do the clue quest 12 times, walking back and forth each time was just tedious, glad you realised that and changed it for part 2.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#47 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:42 pm

paperclipdog wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:01 pm It would be really nice if the PQs worked though (looking at you, 2nd event destro side pq in BV... mfing canons) :p
We were looking into this issue since yesterday; We did some tests and we believe that we spotted the issue and it should be fixed in a hotfix. Currently the only way to finish it is to wait around 8 minutes (few seconds more possibly) for the cannons to respawn. I think that a 9th cannon has been added as well as a precaution in case the fix didn't work.

Satirico

Post#48 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:02 pm

Dwarf City is coming!

I'm not doing this event. This is boring and I want my invader (wich is harder to complete this than before). But something tells me I'll regret for dont do the events lol.

Ads
paperclipdog

Post#49 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:57 pm

GamesBond wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:42 pm We were looking into this issue since yesterday; We did some tests and we believe that we spotted the issue and it should be fixed in a hotfix. Currently the only way to finish it is to wait around 8 minutes (few seconds more possibly) for the cannons to respawn. I think that a 9th cannon has been added as well as a precaution in case the fix didn't work.
Oh cool, I thought you couldn't do it at all. That's not a big deal then, my bad.

Could you tell us when the scenario "The Ironclad" will be available in T4 for the event?

nat3s

Post#50 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:14 pm

ekalime wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:40 pm No one forces you to do live events, they are meant to be a break from the everyday routine of the game. Your positive feedback encourages me to make the next one more fun for you!

I'm personally really enjoying the grind, good stuff.

Feedback doesn't always have to be a pat on the back, some of the biggest learnings come from constructive criticism. As a C# dev (Azure Architect that builds and maintains RESTful services within Service Fabric clusters connecting banks/insurers to credit agencies) the retros I have to undergo after every sprint can be brutal, but I learn a ton from them by setting my ego aside.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG