Return to Ekrund - What in the god damn.. ?

Get organized here and slay that monster, or challenge your enemy to an epic battle on the battlefield.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Drummond

Return to Ekrund - What in the god damn.. ?

Post#1 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:09 pm

Doing this Live Event was everything, but not pleasure.
(Especially killing 50 Rune Priests)

But the vision of greater reward kept me going!
But now that I´ve finally reached the Epic Reward of Rune Stone.. I can do nothing with it.. literaly nothing

Any help or tips what can I do with it? Is there some path of wisdom I am not seeing?
Last edited by Drummond on Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
NSKaneda

Re: Return to Ekrund - What in the god damn.. ?

Post#2 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:12 pm

Drummond wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:09 pm Any help or tips what can I do with it? Is there some path of wisdom I am not seeing?
ekalime wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:34 pm
geezereur wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:40 pm What do you do with the Rune Rock the final rewards of the event?
Is it just a rock? lol
Hold on to it and don't throw it away. Patience.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

ekalime
Developer

Post#3 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:40 pm

No one forces you to do live events, they are meant to be a break from the everyday routine of the game. Your positive feedback encourages me to make the next one more fun for you!

wonshot

Post#4 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:59 pm

"If" the end reward is "needed" further on for part 2 & 3, i think some of us in the playerbase would feel more motivated to do this live event if we knew what the end reward was, so we can evaluate if we want to spend these many hours on getting it done.

T1 downscaling is a different activity than the weekday orvr, scenario, ranked focus.
But T1 is also a place where not every class does equally well, nor are many of the class defining abilities unlocked for some careers, making it a rather dreadful affair to get some of the tasks done, like 20kills on each of the 4 BOs both while defending AND attacking.

It is a fun concept, but realisticly players might just not do it if its too mysterious while being very timeconsuming on top of being rather unpleassant for some careers.

In the past there were Dev events with community interaction rewards (2x events if enough players sent T1 mails out etc)
The idea of having mystery end rewards are fine honestly, but if we are to do riddles and find clues. maybe involving the whole community in a task to figure them out and unlocking it could be a fun summer event, instead of a 3rd pip grey item would some mysterious wording.

Give us a carrot :)
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Fenris78

Post#5 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:19 pm

The whole attack and defense kills feels a bit "unnatural" to do and leads to strange behaviors to "force" to be completed, like stacking on a flag and waiting for the enemy to come. Not very fitting to the intended dynamic, and far away from the usual RoR experience.

It could have been reduced to less kills, but with added kills in the zone, for example like the tokens repeatable kill quests kil "kill 50 from each racial characters".

And you got into trouble if a specific career is vastly under represented at any time : I got trouble finding Squig Herders in the RvR lakes, for instance, while other greenskins were plenty.

I get the intend and underlying background (Dwarves/Greenskins pairing), but some objective switching could be more beneficiary and less of a chore, even though the tasks can be accomplished in about one or two sessions.

As for the final reward, keep in mind the second (and third ?) part(s) of the event, but I got a clue about it and the thing most probably worth it in the end.
So keep up the effort, and if you dont feel the grind, at least do it for the stone (first reward) wich is already one of the stronger item I saw in RoR.

Thanks for the devs for this event wich allow higher levels to fight in T1 again, its refreshing and fun (for the most part at least, losing against level 5-8 players caused some laughs too) !

Teefz

Post#6 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:24 pm

ekalime wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:40 pm No one forces you to do live events, they are meant to be a break from the everyday routine of the game. Your positive feedback encourages me to make the next one more fun for you!
Appreciate the restore work, that goes into bringing old live events to RoR. But please do reconsider removing the "Defend your realms" holdings and "Attack your enemy’s holdings" for future event and just add 250/500 kills in both Ekrund and Mount Bloodhorn. This would make this event a whole lot better. Because currently this happens
Fenris78 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:19 pm The whole attack and defense kills feels a bit "unnatural" to do and leads to strange behaviors to "force" to be completed, like stacking on a flag and waiting for the enemy to come. Not very fitting to the intended dynamic, and far away from the usual RoR experience.

geezereur

Post#7 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:26 pm

Could prob make the attack and defense kills into kills in the entire zone.

ekalime
Developer

Post#8 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:42 pm

It is a difficult balance to strike between making an event so easy that it is completed in one day, and so difficult that it turns into a chore. I am not a fan of the one-day route, however it isn't my intention for people to take a cheese grater to their face (though photographic evidence of this may lead to greater mercy.) All your feedback has been noted and we'll see what can be done.

Ads
Haskr

Post#9 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:12 pm

ekalime wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:42 pm It is a difficult balance to strike between making an event so easy that it is completed in one day, and so difficult that it turns into a chore. I am not a fan of the one-day route, however it isn't my intention for people to take a cheese grater to their face (though photographic evidence of this may lead to greater mercy.) All your feedback has been noted and we'll see what can be done.
The only thing that feels like a chore for me is the attack/defend task, 20 feels way too much, the flags dont flip that often and 10 would prolly also take a good amount of time.

edit: the most fun part is the search for the relics quest, i only found 6 so far and ill take the time to search them because its fun, only at the very end i would use a spoiler/advice channel

Also there seems something wrong with the bolster? I play witch hunter (level 40) and in 1vs1 its like clubbing seals against low levels, they cant do much. On the other side i miss many skill to actually kill healers in tier 1

nonfactor

Post#10 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:14 pm

Haskr wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:12 pm The only thing that feels like a chore for me is the attack/defend task, 20 feels way too much, the flags dont flip that often and 10 would prolly also take a good amount of time.
i agree, its the only problematic part about the quest