Recent Topics

Ads

Return to Ekrund - What in the god damn.. ?

Get organized here and slay that monster, or challenge your enemy to an epic battle on the battlefield.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
warlover

Re: Return to Ekrund - What in the god damn.. ?

Post#21 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:18 am

One of the very few live events i have no interest in :(

Ads
Grious

Post#22 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:34 am

I enjoyed a good portion of the event except the attack/defend holdings. Its a total of 160 kills, I tried for 3 days at it, I have 9 total I am in NA time so maybe that had something to do with it but still. Between debolster being a mess (maybe its fixed, I couldn't tell) and the fact that all the t4s have been put down to level 10, giving them not only stupidly good stats thanks to their gear but also access to guard from tanks which makes the whole thing even worse. And to top it all off that Rune Rock reward is going to be needed(?) in later parts of this event chain just makes it worse. Yeah I can see making it something that is not doable in a day that's fine but there's making it bulky and then there's just slapping a big ol' **** wall in front of the player and telling them the thing on the other side is needed other **** down the line. That is some spectacular level of bullshittery. That being side, the relic stuff was pretty damn fun to do, even if I cheated a bit on the last few i couldn't find.

Keula

Post#23 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:50 am

160 higly conditional kills is a bit much, also 50 of each dwarf? Where am i gonna find 50 engineers? I'd rather it just be 300-400 dwarfs. Now luckily the 5% item is very easy to get and I assume that the full completion stone is meant to be some rare cosmetic thing at some point so I can understand that being hard to get in that case.
The debolster bug was hilarious though, could almost fight a warband alone as I had 450str, 4k HP, 3k armor and I'm pretty sure all of my tactics were working.
Alteredheal 85 DOK
Azerrad 79 Sorc
Lumoojatar 70 AM

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#24 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:18 am

Thank you for your feedbacks. They're being well taken, but please remain respectful to the amount of work that several people had to put into this part of the event alone.

It's normal that you consider your enjoyment as a priority, we understand that well enough. But please make sure to pick better words when you're expressing your feedback.

Words such as "worst event ever" and "useless" (or the same meaning, etc.) aren't the best kind of feedbacks that someone would want to read.

nonfactor

Post#25 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:41 am

GamesBond wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:18 am Thank you for your feedbacks. They're being well taken, but please remain respectful to the amount of work that several people had to put into this part of the event alone.

It's normal that you consider your enjoyment as a priority, we understand that well enough. But please make sure to pick better words when you're expressing your feedback.

Words such as "worst event ever" and "useless" (or the same meaning, etc.) aren't the best kind of feedbacks that someone would want to read.
Will you change the attack/defend part before the event ends? It is very time consuming and I am afraid I won't be able to do it before the event ends.

Caduceus

Post#26 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:44 am

If the intention is to keep players engaged with the event for longer, there could be a daily quest to finish, or an increased amount of kills (on any player) required.

The highly conditional tasks tend to turn some people off, because these tasks are not the type of thing you can finish up whenever you want. You have to go and actively look for opportunities to finish them, and finishing a single task can take hours if you're unlucky. I think it stresses people out, which is why the reactions to it are sometimes rather emotional.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

wonshot

Post#27 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:33 am

With all due respect, but isnt parts of this event a reuse from like 7 years ago or so. Where the kill quest requirements were like 5 kills per BO.
if people are mostly upset, like myself, about the BO kills being too many and too restricted. couldnt that "slider just be downturned" from 20 to something more realistic.

Thanks for the events and efforts as always, but just like the community feedback can be too harsh at times(!) so can the Team tone be read in a way easily misunderstood that the playerbase need to sing praises or motivation hangs in a thin line (asked this question myself in the QnA about dev motivation)

Anyways, the events are lovely but if the only part us players are upset about are the kills, and they have been turned up from last time the event was here, well :roll:
https://gaarawarrgabs.wordpress.com/201 ... ent-guide/

<3
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

nonfactor

Post#28 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:14 pm

wonshot wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:33 am With all due respect, but isnt parts of this event a reuse from like 7 years ago or so. Where the kill quest requirements were like 5 kills per BO.
if people are mostly upset, like myself, about the BO kills being too many and too restricted. couldnt that "slider just be downturned" from 20 to something more realistic.

Thanks for the events and efforts as always, but just like the community feedback can be too harsh at times(!) so can the Team tone be read in a way easily misunderstood that the playerbase need to sing praises or motivation hangs in a thin line (asked this question myself in the QnA about dev motivation)

Anyways, the events are lovely but if the only part us players are upset about are the kills, and they have been turned up from last time the event was here, well :roll:
https://gaarawarrgabs.wordpress.com/201 ... ent-guide/

<3
I think those defend/attack realm should not be required to get the 3rd reward completely. Bolster is a mess, I am pretty much wearing BIS gear with +23 talis yet all I am getting is 150 strength and toughness while a twinked t1 char can easily get +300. Some of the tactics do work despite the fact that they should not with this new bolster system. Overall it is a very frustrating mess and I am doing as much damage as lvl 4 ironbreaker with white gear, I can withstand that for an hour or two but it as of right now it is too much.

Ads
Wintersun666

Post#29 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:58 pm

The whole event seems like too much effort,a suicide if you play more then one character,

Really bad design IMHO

Brakh

Post#30 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:21 pm

Totally not aligned with current playerbase