Recent Topics

Ads

Return to Ekrund - What in the god damn.. ?

Get organized here and slay that monster, or challenge your enemy to an epic battle on the battlefield.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
oaliaen

Re: Return to Ekrund - What in the god damn.. ?

Post#31 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:32 pm

Just grind for the ekrund sc part..get your stone and be happy.

Ads
Grious

Post#32 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:48 pm

oaliaen wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:32 pm Just grind for the ekrund sc part..get your stone and be happy.

I think the problem stems from the "Rune Rock" being used for the future parts of this event line. If this wasn't the case and it was just a trophy item or something I think a lot more people would be happy with just getting the buff stone and going about their day. The problem with the event comes from a few things: not knowing the duration of the event, the amount and conditionals needed for some of the event updates and the fact that it's the last / 100% complete reward.

This 100% completion issue. Yeah I know it makes sense to get the final reward after finishing everything, but hear me out what if we had it where we had more updates available in the event than needed. I am at work so I might be wrong number-wise but you should get the idea. We have 8 updates in the event to do and we have to do them all to get the last reward, what if we added a few more available updates to the even to allow some variety? Something like we have 10 updates but you only needed to do 8 of them to get the last reward, that way if you have issues (like finding 50 Rune Priests) you aren't just screwed out of the last tier reward but instead have some other options you can do to complete the event.

Again this is mostly because that 'last reward' is going to be used for future parts of this event and I (and others) don't want to screw ourselves out of future events because we can't complete the entirety of this event.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#33 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:53 pm

nonfactor wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:41 am Will you change the attack/defend part before the event ends? It is very time consuming and I am afraid I won't be able to do it before the event ends.
Caduceus wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:44 am If the intention is to keep players engaged with the event for longer, there could be a daily quest to finish, or an increased amount of kills (on any player) required.

The highly conditional tasks tend to turn some people off, because these tasks are not the type of thing you can finish up whenever you want. You have to go and actively look for opportunities to finish them, and finishing a single task can take hours if you're unlucky. I think it stresses people out, which is why the reactions to it are sometimes rather emotional.
There could be a minor decrease in the mentioned task requirements but that's still being looked into. You don't have to worry about the deadline of the event, you have several weeks.

Regarding the Live Event (Part 1), it will 'probably' remain active till Halloween. Now that we're talking about several weeks, it should give you guys a better idea and an accurate evaluation of the event and its tasks in general. You surely do not need this whole time to finish it, but the time is there to cater for everyone.

As for the Rune Rock, you might want to hold on to it. No additional information could be provided at this point.

wonshot wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:33 am With all due respect, but isnt parts of this event a reuse from like 7 years ago or so. Where the kill quest requirements were like 5 kills per BO.
if people are mostly upset, like myself, about the BO kills being too many and too restricted. couldnt that "slider just be downturned" from 20 to something more realistic.

Thanks for the events and efforts as always, but just like the community feedback can be too harsh at times(!) so can the Team tone be read in a way easily misunderstood that the playerbase need to sing praises or motivation hangs in a thin line (asked this question myself in the QnA about dev motivation)

Anyways, the events are lovely but if the only part us players are upset about are the kills, and they have been turned up from last time the event was here, well :roll:
https://gaarawarrgabs.wordpress.com/201 ... ent-guide/

<3
It is and they're being looked into, a slight decrease in the needed numbers might occur. The team had to work from scratch for this event and the people concerned have a different vision of this event and the period it'll cover. Just like other stuff on RoR, they might not be similar to what AoR had.

Wintersun666 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:58 pm The whole event seems like too much effort,a suicide if you play more then one character,

Really bad design IMHO
You're an independent person who can solely take the decision to not participate in that event. Sure you'd miss out on the rewards later on, but that's up to you now. However, if the following might help you change your mind; You have several weeks to complete this event. Take some days off from the event, proceed with it on another day, then break again if you want, and resume afterwards etc..

Valkeera

Post#34 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:02 pm

I'm quite enjoying the event so far, and I really appreciate that it's lowbie-friendly for a change (after Hunter's Vale having been a disappointment in that regard). I've managed to complete it with 2 or my toons and halfway on a third, and if the event is going to last several weeks I can even complete it with more :)

Some tasks can be a bit too grindy, and with 50 class kills you need a bit of luck to chance upon them... So is with the BO kills, but I could still do it within 1-2 days even with pug warbands.

And I really liked the Pve relics hunt, it's a nice change from endless rvr leveling :) Although having to repeat 1 quest 12-times was a bit boring, maybe doing it only like 3 times with 4 clues at different areas would have been beter.

Skullgrin

Post#35 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:03 pm

Figured I'd add a little feedback as well.

The main thing that I found frustrating was the fact that the debolster placed you at level 10 rather than 15, meaning you don't have access to abilities that players lvl 11-15 do. I first noticed it when a Shadow Warrior slowed me and I couldn't use Juggernaut to dispel it, as it becomes available at lvl 12. This led to an infinite kiting situation, no fun at all...

The same with the Discordant Fluctuation Aura (also lvl 12), making casters a nightmare.

Not having Withering Blow (lvl 14) also adversely affects you as it is key in T1 otherwise you are constantly running out of AP.

I get that you may have been trying for a little role reversal here, but purposely gimping higher lvl players this way just seems a bit mean.

Regarding the Relics, I found 5 of them before I got tired of roaming around, so I went looking for and found a guide to their locations. To my surprise the reason I couldn't find the others was due to the fact that they were in the PvE areas, which I wasn't expecting as this seems to be a mainly PvP event. Just something to keep in mind later when designing further events.

Finally, the 20 kills both attacking and defending at the BO's is a chore, reducing it to 5-10 at each would make it less so.

Everything else was readily doable and fun, and I look forward to seeing what you have in store for the future. :D
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Brestir

Post#36 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:07 pm

Does anyone know if the stage 3 Saga reward will be permanent or decaying? So far this Saga event comes very time consuming for me, it would be a great pity to waste so much time on reward which would expire after all the efforts invested.

If that's the topic to provide feedback on the event, I'd like to say that it was very nice of devs to recreate/revamp the original live event, though some tasks (BOs attack/defend kills, boring 12 runs for clues gathering) don't stimulate RvR activity, quite the opposite actually. What I liked very mush is the debolstered return into T1, though debolster is very unkind to most classes, making PvP a tough challenge sometimes, but I still liked it, especially on lowlvl toons when I happen to kill some high renown debolstered opponents :D

What I'd like to see in future stages is PvP in T2/T3 PvE zones, tasks forcing players to hoist RvR flag and go exploring the vast areas lovingly recreated but rarely visited. Tasks for RvR in T2/T3 zones would welcome as well for the same reason: we have a rare occasion to fight there.

Caduceus

Post#37 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:33 pm

Brestir wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:07 pm Does anyone know if the stage 3 Saga reward will be permanent or decaying? So far this Saga event comes very time consuming for me, it would be a great pity to waste so much time on reward which would expire after all the efforts invested.

If that's the topic to provide feedback on the event, I'd like to say that it was very nice of devs to recreate/revamp the original live event, though some tasks (BOs attack/defend kills, boring 12 runs for clues gathering) don't stimulate RvR activity, quite the opposite actually. What I liked very mush is the debolstered return into T1, though debolster is very unkind to most classes, making PvP a tough challenge sometimes, but I still liked it, especially on lowlvl toons when I happen to kill some high renown debolstered opponents :D

What I'd like to see in future stages is PvP in T2/T3 PvE zones, tasks forcing players to hoist RvR flag and go exploring the vast areas lovingly recreated but rarely visited. Tasks for RvR in T2/T3 zones would welcome as well for the same reason: we have a rare occasion to fight there.

If it is a permanent reward, I would expect it to be something cosmetic like a trophy.

Something that increases the strength of your character (like Edge Stone), is probably too powerful to make a permanent event exclusive item.

Keep in mind you have several weeks to complete the event, so if you are tired of T1 you can take a break and come back to it later.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

NSKaneda

Post#38 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:51 pm

Caduceus wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:33 pm
Brestir wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:07 pm Does anyone know if the stage 3 Saga reward will be permanent or decaying? So far this Saga event comes very time consuming for me, it would be a great pity to waste so much time on reward which would expire after all the efforts invested.
Spoiler:

If it is a permanent reward, I would expect it to be something cosmetic like a trophy.

Something that increases the strength of your character (like Edge Stone), is probably too powerful to make a permanent event exclusive item.

I think it's safe to assume reward will decay over time - the item itself (used to) give bonuses that will be considered too OP if it was left in the game as exclusive item - not to mention the fact that all of the event items in RoR decay over time (even if some of those items should be permanent).
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Ads
GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#39 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:39 pm

Brestir wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:07 pm Does anyone know if the stage 3 Saga reward will be permanent or decaying?
There is no limitation to what it could be, having stats or being permanent haven't been barred out of the type of this reward. Nothing to confirm or deny yet.

Karl

Post#40 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:31 pm

I really enjoy these Live Events, takes time from the ”normal” everyday ROR:ing, which i love. Some tasks are a bit reperative - but keeps peeps active in the lakes :)

Thx for all the effort you guys put in - and also thx to all helpful players in the community :)