Recent Topics

Ads

February And March Video Contest

Get organized here and slay that monster, or challenge your enemy to an epic battle on the battlefield.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Xico

Re: February And March Video Contest

Post#31 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:36 pm

video contest is off :( will still send gold to everyone who has participated sofar, but no official judging will be had, too much controversy including ban threats.
Destro - Nooblit, Reborn, Daemon, Dracula

Ads
gebajger

Post#32 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:39 am

I'm confused

Ban threats for making solo videos?
Rioz

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#33 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:08 am

gebajger wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:39 am I'm confused

In a shocking twist, the guy sponsoring the 1v1 video contest was previously banned for kill trading. Not some questionable instance of dueling done poorly either, but rather blatant and obvious kill trading that was observed and recorded by a GM directly.

Over the past day or so a GM approached him to warn that his prior offenses made this a risky proposition, and he should consider using the dueling arena. He was also specifically informed that normal players with no prior history of kill trading would have any problem for proper duel videos, and it was his specific past history that was in consideration. That message was twisted and misconstrued, as you can see, in a shocking twist.

There are clear differences between duels and kill trading. Duels are allowed, kill trading is absolutely not and will currently result in a permanent ban for blatant cheating. The vast majority of honest players will never need to make this distinction clear like he did in the past, when the penalty was soft enough that he would be allowed to continue playing here.

As far as the GM team is concerned, this tournament/contest is acceptable, just the person running it that needs to be aware and have consideration for his past offenses.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

gebajger

Post#34 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:43 am

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:08 am
gebajger wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:39 am I'm confused

In a shocking twist, the guy sponsoring the 1v1 video contest was previously banned for kill trading. Not some questionable instance of dueling done poorly either, but rather blatant and obvious kill trading that was observed and recorded by a GM directly.

Over the past day or so a GM approached him to warn that his prior offenses made this a risky proposition, and he should consider using the dueling arena. He was also specifically informed that normal players with no prior history of kill trading would have any problem for proper duel videos, and it was his specific past history that was in consideration. That message was twisted and misconstrued, as you can see, in a shocking twist.

There are clear differences between duels and kill trading. Duels are allowed, kill trading is absolutely not and will currently result in a permanent ban for blatant cheating. The vast majority of honest players will never need to make this distinction clear like he did in the past, when the penalty was soft enough that he would be allowed to continue playing here.

As far as the GM team is concerned, this tournament/contest is acceptable, just the person running it that needs to be aware and have consideration for his past offenses.
Although some of the videos I've seen were 1v1 indeed (didn't check them all), I was under the impression that a 'solo' video is mainly roaming solo, not dueling.
Whatever comes your way, you fight it while being solo as in not grouped.
Obvioulsy I have no idea what happened between him and the GM, but am I right in that a solo video I described is Ok?

Edit:
Nvm, I didnt read past shocking twist , at 1st...
Got it now
Rioz

Xico

Post#35 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:31 am

for even more information, in everyones video whos participated thus far, there has been clear dueling involved. but besides the point, and if you bothered to look at the video i posted before posting on my forum post @wargrimnir and TO CLEAR IT FURTHER.... the GM did not mention my prior history at all i dont know why youre making this part up? weird you have chat logs if im wrong please show. ANOTHER POINT, is i stated in my video that i was previously banned for kill trading.

Xico

Post#36 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:32 am

im referring to chat logs about my most recent incident with the GM btw when he came up to me on stream. please show me and everyone how that told me it was due to my prior offenses, because i dont remember this, and its wrong to make things up.

Xico

Post#37 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:31 am

Just for clarification, I will gladly openly apologize if I am wrong about the GM supposedly stating that he stopped our dueling due to previous offenses, as you so said. It was not until you told me why this morning in discord (extremely rudely and improffessionaly if I may add) that I had no idea that he supposedly stopped me for my previous actions.

Xico

Post#38 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:44 am

Actually, its not worth getting banned over arguing like toddlers with you, you win. Ban me from the forums if you please.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#39 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:45 pm

For trying to provide some clarity on the situation, this sure went salty fast. At least we have an easy escape from the madness.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog