Recent Topics

Ads

6v6 league idea

Get organized here and slay that monster, or challenge your enemy to an epic battle on the battlefield.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
odapain

6v6 league idea

Post#1 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:43 pm

RoR 6v6 team league idea.

each team must consist of order and destruction squad.

each team can have anywhere from 6-10 members.

each team must have a captain.

within the league each captain must contact there assigned enemy team to arrange the fight within 1 week.

each captain must register the winning/loosing screenshot to admin after the fight.

each team are awarded points for kills

each fight has a 15 min time frame ( if no kills scored in this time frame game is a draw and each team gain 1 point )

fights are taken place inside Caledor woods for recorded proof.

when teams are inside no flag is to be taken.

when fighting inside CW you are restricted from returning towards your guards or using the guards as a defensive menouver respect this rule.

1 point is given per kill and 3 points for a win 1 point for a loss.

at the end of a match a mvp must be awarded to the enemy team member from both sides ( this will hopefully keep the matches mature and fun for all not elitism bad mouthing ect.)

teams will fight each other 4 times 2 on order 2 on dessie this is to set aside any class in balance.
for example team MG will fight team LoB as order against there dessie week 1 in week 3 they will fight there order as dessie and so on.

league's will last till all teams have fought each other 4 times.

winning team will be the one with most points

as a side win the person with the most mvp awards. ( i thought this would be a nice way to show sportsmanship and give a bit of respect to the players you are fighting )

Offcourse i have more then likely missed alot of stuff but this is the gist, a website to manage/monitor this would be cool and ofc if there was a better SC or place to take place said matches would be better but we work with what we have.

on the weekend of each week a match up between said teams could be streamed on twitch via zarbix because he did an amazing job last time commentating using multi stream labs to showcase both teams point of view ( name dropping but you get he idea )

what does the community think of said idea can it work in our small community ? if soo what needs to be changed or added within the limits of players.

as twitch hit it's max number of viewers seen on war ever during last 6v6 tournament i cant help but believe there are many out there that are intrested in the scene just not sure how or who to ask to get involved. Perhaps something like this will encourage those to find like minded and have a place they can compete and learn/dominate.

im willing to put in the effort to admin this ofc i would need help with the webside of things but if there is any that have more experience that would be better as ive only ever played back in the day with something similar on enemy down league for CS many many years ago.

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: 6v6 league idea

Post#2 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:58 pm

1. MVP System is dope.

2. Teams fighting on both sides sounds cool. This does, however, work against groups who perhaps pick one side exclusively (for rp/whatever reasons).

3. Caledor Woods is cool in that it can be recorded/stats viewed, and because you can't get spectators influencing morale gains. However, there is no guarantee that you'll get a certain premade when you queue: you could happen to get a pop against a group who has no intention of partaking in such an event. Also, a few things would need to change for CW to be feasible: Guards would need to be removed 100%, and the random DCs that plague this map (I don't care what anyone says: DCs happen a **** more often in the 6v6 sc for some reason) would need to be fixed somehow.

4. A better option than Caledor Woods would be to have a designated arena. There are loads of potential candidates scattered across the world that would be really well suited to hosting such a thing, with ample space for spectators so that they aren't influencing morale gains, too.

sppink

Post#3 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:38 pm

the both sides thing kinda limits the amount of teams kinda. i do get why you would need to have both though it makes whoever wins the true champion really since it would show they are good at both sides

davispeed
Game Artist

Post#4 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:42 pm

soon 6vs6 > ORVR ??

peterthepan3

Post#5 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:06 pm

davispeed wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:42 pm soon 6vs6 > ORVR ??
Or!!ORR!!! (wild thought, I know)....we can have both RvR and 6v6 coexisting!

shaggyboomboom

Post#6 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:12 pm

davispeed wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:42 pm soon 6vs6 > ORVR ??
you can ignore the 6v6 scene and not worry yourself mate

Alfa1986

Post#7 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:22 am

it would be better to compare the rvr medals with the scenario ones, and tied the scenarios to the zone lokas, otherwise it turns out that, in fact, there are essentially two completely unconnected content. and it would not be bad to translate pve zone into rvr, so that it would be possible to gank the farm group of public quests)
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Telen
Suspended

Post#8 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:35 am

We dont want people ganking people doing pve mate, thats really low play like those that want to twink in t1. Wait for LotD if you want that. Scs need their own currency, cant let people get everything from zerging.

Ads
Alfa1986

Post#9 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:40 am

Well, let me explain some moments to you. Firstly for many Sets for scenic medals do not needed because it loses on stats, pve or rvr sets.
secondly, to earn them much more than pve and rvr sets, since in order to fill these medals you probably need to play these scenes for ever. Moreover, the highest set of mine is called an oppressor, in general, probably not real, as I constantly have two scenes playing for the medals for 750 pieces, and only 100 medallions of the oppressor. and they need for olna a thousand I remember in order to buy a full set.
Thirdly, personally, I now go to the scenes not for medals but for fan, just when I get tired of running in the open rvr zone. I think also the majority of players for 50 pp level.
the conclusion is that at the moment the scenes exist simply as a separate segment of the game that is in no way connected with the general, with dubious rewards, that is, the incentives for the people to play their own.

Alfa1986

Post#10 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:46 am

About pve, controversial moment. After all, the motto of the game as I remember the war should not stop?!? Personally, I’m in favor of translating the pvp zone into pvp, but echltyui someone is afraid that he will not be killed in a game)) then let him swing on his mobs. for the sake of experiment, you can just try in some one zone, let's say in chaos. I think it would be interesting