Recent Topics

Ads

6v6 SC leaderboard?

Get organized here and slay that monster, or challenge your enemy to an epic battle on the battlefield.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Tankbeardz

Re: 6v6 SC leaderboard?

Post#41 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:42 pm

sonorous wrote:for what its worth im making a 3v3 matchmaking website... Taking a bit longer than expected though due to irl. But yea I thought of initially doing it for 6v6 but that would just cater to like 4 maybe 5 grps max. I recomend just using a pen and paper for that tbh.
Would 2 Guardian spec WLs and a healer be considered a 5v3? :shock:

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#42 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:19 pm

my mate Sloppyrocker already got the promos rolling in

@tank: i would much prefer open 6v6 but it doesn't translate well into a leaderboard/tourney sorta thing imo, which is why having 1/2 maps dedicated to pure 6v6 deathmatch would be sufficient substitute.

Tankbeardz

Post#43 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:25 pm

@Peter ya I would agree.
No flags, most kills = victory if that is even possible.
Maybe a 10 minute time limit to avoid those stalemate matches.

Zaxxond

Post#44 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:57 pm

Spoiler:

Renork

Post#45 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:53 pm

Zaxxond wrote:
Spoiler:
Haha, I lol'ed xD

adamthelc

Post#46 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:44 pm

Both kills and points would be bad metrics for something like this, though either would be better than nothing.

Points are bad because in arena style fight its lame to form a group that can farm lesser teams and just survive against a competitive team.

Kills are a bit better, but being able to farm a weakest link over and over without finishing off a team is also not all that great.

A wipe should be a win, then its easy to record wins and losses.

It would be cool to have a scenario that had like the best of 3 wipes or something like that.

dansari

Post#47 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:48 pm

There are plenty of fights where you don't wipe the other team. With instant rez you can keep going forever
<Salt Factory>

adamthelc

Post#48 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:24 pm

Yeah its not always easy. Thats why other games have things like dampening when the match goes on too long.

I am just saying that would be the ideal way to make a leaderboard. In the games current form kills might be a better thing to go for, but is killing the one same target over and over really better than a good match where you manage a wipe?

You cant blame a group who just goes for point when that is what gets them the W.

Ads
shaggyboomboom

Post#49 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:37 pm

Again, from what I'm reading none of you have any idea how 6v6 works. Don't say how it should be if don't know how its done.

adamthelc

Post#50 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:08 am

Ive done plenty of 6v6, long before you could just queue up with a premade and wait for the game to match you against someone.

You used to have to actually arrange these things with good groups from the other side.

When you do them in RvR there are no points or scoreboards tracking kills. You would go until you wiped the other group or they gave up. No one cared if you killed the sorc 6 times if they ended up beating you.

Another reason kills are stupid is because if there was a leaderboard 40 kills vs a bad team would not be worth 6 kills vs a good team.

It sounds like a lot of peoples only experience in 6v6 is this scenario.