Recent Topics

Ads

T1 and then nothing, but suffering

Get organized here and slay that monster, or challenge your enemy to an epic battle on the battlefield.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Anshard

Re: T1 and then nothing, but suffering

Post#11 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:41 am

adamthelc wrote:Scenarios can always be painful. When you are the top of a lower tier your relative power makes you feel like you are more powerful than you are.
Maybe I just don't feel it as much in the first two tiers, before 31.

Ads
diedrake

Post#12 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:42 am

Unless the devs take that away like they did in the lakes
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Avici

Post#13 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:52 am

In my experience t4 as 16lvl is nothing but pain. The only class I was more or less ok as 16 lvl was a full def tank. 4k armor and 9k wounds is still a 4k armor and 9k wounds.

RDPS... Order side - mostly tolerable, destro side - pouncing WL's AND pouncing SM's will turn your life into hell. You're NEVER safe. Any second you may get jumped on and get erased.

16 lvl WE and WE are even worse, being melee, squishy even with the bolster and lacking most vital tactics/skills without which the archetype just can't function properly. (kd, for example)

Sulorie

Post#14 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:10 am

Avici wrote:In my experience t4 as 16lvl is nothing but pain. The only class I was more or less ok as 16 lvl was a full def tank. 4k armor and 9k wounds is still a 4k armor and 9k wounds.

RDPS... Order side - mostly tolerable, destro side - pouncing WL's AND pouncing SM's will turn your life into hell. You're NEVER safe. Any second you may get jumped on and get erased.

16 lvl WE and WE are even worse, being melee, squishy even with the bolster and lacking most vital tactics/skills without which the archetype just can't function properly. (kd, for example)
I ranked up a WE as well and it was a cake walk. Just pick your targets correctly. It helps, when you team up with somebody and assist.
Dying is no option.

szejoza

Post#15 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:10 am

Even if it was separated into old tiers (T1/T2/T3/T4) you would be melting to good WL, but, you would face close to no enemies with that as people would play mostly on their mains in T4 and you would be staying in dead zones.

Remember, this server doesn't have the population to support all tier open at the same time, best case scenario is when there are 3 zones open in EU primetime, and there is still at least one zone which is completely empty. Merging tiers was the necessary thing and with bolster you are not exactly the cannon fodder you think you are (unless you play solo, but you would be cannon fodder as solo even with 40/40+ char)

Find an active group (not an afk folks) and play with them, with the tankwall in front of you, and healers supporting you will be able to put some pressure on the enemies, not exactly be as strong as 40 but not completely useless either. It's all about grouping up
Spoiler:

Fallenkezef

Post#16 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:12 am

On order I leveled my Slayer to 30 in orvr. Never felt I had a problem in the wb spamming my aoe.

Currently leveling a Chosen, only 17 (rr26) planning to level rr to 31 then grind pq's. Doing it in dps gear/2h to make it easier to grind mobs and find I can do my job in rvr, guarding, punting etc
Alea iacta est

facundo7777

Post#17 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:34 pm

worst thing for ppl at levels 16-39 atm is xp gained from rvr what is totally crap. 200-600 xp ticks on bo's at t1 vs 40xp ticks at t4 xD or playing 3hours for draw...

Sulorie

Post#18 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:39 pm

facundo7777 wrote:worst thing for ppl at levels 16-39 atm is xp gained from rvr what is totally crap. 200-600 xp ticks on bo's at t1 vs 40xp ticks at t4 xD or playing 3hours for draw...
You don't wait at BO to get xp or rp. Waiting there is totally inefficient, even in T1. Be active and you will rank up faster.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#19 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:15 pm

facundo7777 wrote:worst thing for ppl at levels 16-39 atm is xp gained from rvr what is totally crap. 200-600 xp ticks on bo's at t1 vs 40xp ticks at t4 xD or playing 3hours for draw...
You don't play RvR for exp, it's for renown
Alea iacta est

ToXoS

Post#20 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:04 pm

I'm leveling up my WH only in RVR (currently R27 RR41) and I don't have any issue atm.
Play very carefully until you get the abilities/tactics you need the most, and pick the right targets.