Recent Topics

Ads

Total Warhammer: Warriors of Chaos; DLC fail

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Coryphaus

Total Warhammer: Warriors of Chaos; DLC fail

Post#1 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:43 am

Click here to watch on YouTube
The Chaos Warriors Race Pack brings a new race with its own new Legendary Lords, units, mounts, items, quest chains and mechanics to Total War™: WARHAMMER®.

Three new playable Legendary Lords.
New Chaos Warrior mounts, units and monsters.
New quests, magic items and abilities.
New horde campaign playstyle.

Lay waste to the Old World as the dreaded Chaos Warriors. This Pack includes a full roster of bloodthirsty units, terrifying mounts and monstrous creatures. Lead the corrupted Chaos hordes as one of three new playable Legendary Lords. Embrace the Ruinous Powers as you embark on brand new quest chains, unlocking powerful items and gaining glory in the name of the dark Chaos Gods.

Beyond Kislev, beyond Troll Country, beyond even the barren Norsca Peninsula lies a land shrouded in darkness, frozen in an unnatural, never-ending winter. Here, the mortal realm and the immaterial realm of Chaos overlap, creating an uncontrollable gateway to that infernal dimension from which all manner of nightmarish creatures spew forth.

It is a place where few mortals have dared to venture, and even fewer have returned. The wild people that live in the lands to the south are devout in their worship of the Chaos Gods and many seek to journey north and offer themselves up to become tools of their will. Those that do survive this unholy pilgrimage and live to tell the tale are irreversibly altered. Clad in dark armour bearing the dread marks of ruinous favour, possessed of an unwavering resolve to carry out the will of their malevolent deities, with the indomitable Archaon the Everchosen as their leader, these are the mighty Chaos Warriors!

This pack makes the entire Chaos Warrior race from the main game playable in the Grand Campaign and multiplayer matches; as well as adding entirely new Legendary Lords, Lords, Heroes, Units, Magic Items and more.

So as you can see warriors of chaos is completed and ready but is being made pre-order dlc

6 months before the release of the game, this is obviously done to make people who are wary of bugged total war release ala rome 2 so they take one of the integral, desired, requested factions of warhammer and make it dlc

ripping content out of the game and piecemealing it

Ads
magter3001

Re: Total Warhammer: Warriors of Chaos; DLC fail

Post#2 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:16 am

Absolutely disgusting. If you see the video on youtube, you'd see how many dislikes it has. SEGA is at it again. They have been doing this with every Total War game since Empire I think so I'm not surprised at the least. SEGA would pull an essential race from the Warhammer Universe and sell it as a pre-order bonus. But hey, Undead made it into the actual game... go figure. :?
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)

DanSpence

Post#3 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:03 am

I remember reading somewhere that Total War Warhammer will be Free-LC. If you read the steam page, im pretty sure it says people who preorder will have the Chaos Warriors available straight away.

Not sure if that means they will be unlocked for everyone after a certain period of time? Not sure.

Either way, I wont be pre ordering. Might pick it up a few months after from G2A or something.

Edit::: Just read a news article saying that only SOME races will be released for free. A shame that they wont release more than 4 to begin with. But hey, thats business isnt it?

Joan

Post#4 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:12 am

Not a big surprise for me. When they told us that the playable factions were to be only 4 (Greenskins, Empire, Dwarves and...what the ****? Sylvania?) I started to be suspicous

I mean, who wants Sylvania anyways? I thought: it must be some sort of marketing strategy, because Sylvania (or Vampire Counts, w/e) has never been an iconic race. Not even a superpower in the grand scheme of things. But chaos?

One of the most important factions in Fantasy (and 40k) universe, being replaced by the Undead and left as a day one dlc? SEGA. Rome 2 all over again.
In rome 2 the day one dlc were the greeks.
In total war warhammer the day one dlc will be chaos. (And Chaos Undivided it seems, because of Archaon)

Man, i'm just glad that the mighty Greenskins are in the base game. What's next? High Elves and Dark Elves as a day 2 dlc? "Elven Society" Culture Pack :P
Krumlok, Black Orc Boss of da Deathskull Tribe:
"Some day, all Choppas become savaj boyz." - Krumlok 2015

Krumlok's Visual Guide to Dyes -Custom Dyes Preview UP-

Vilhelmina

Post#5 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:14 am

That is disgusting. I was gonna pre-order, but screw 'em, I can wait till it's on sale.

backrow

Post#6 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:30 pm

well, tbh I will pre order and prolly wait until they fix it, hence I'll have 5 races to begin with.

they did promise some FLC but yeah, I am betting that all the big ones we'll be expected to play for.

Coryphaus

Post#7 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:05 pm

backrow wrote:well, tbh I will pre order and prolly wait until they fix it, hence I'll have 5 races to begin with.

they did promise some FLC but yeah, I am betting that all the big ones we'll be expected to play for.
Dont do this, dont support the pre order culture

i dont understand why you would be like "oh i will preoder for ($70 if your american) and will accept if it is a shitty bugged release like rome 2 and will wait multiple patch fixes to make the game finally be in the state it SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON RELEASE? Cause as many thought WoC would come with 3 other races in the next expansion

For $60 where i am in America and that is the price in most cases for AAA games but here we get a game here with 4 races we dont even know if the content in the game will justify the price and with 6 month before release you put up a new race as dlc? that shows that you are just ripping out content from the game plain and simple

So dont support the pre order culture dont let devs think that its ok to rip entire content from a game and ship it as DLC ala destiny

That its ok to release shitty bugged games cause they didnt QA test their games or just didnt give a **** and just shipped it cause they already made a profit through pre orders

perche

Post#8 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:55 pm

skidrow version and wait for game of year edition for 10 euros or any humble.
Perche choppa rr100 RIp
Dizparate squid rr100 Rip

Bayoneta vonsodomiten Dok
Froilan Borbon engi nerfed in last 2 patch.

Ads
Valnak

Post#9 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:01 pm

Here's my cognitive dissonance:

+I like Total War Games, I really like Rome 1, Medieval 2 and Empire.
+I like Warhammer 40k and Fantasy. I try to purchase Warhammer games to help them see that they need to make more Warhammer games that aren't goddamn chess.
-I hate on-cd-dlc and devs trying to wring out money for parts of the game that should've been there already.
-I hate the path the Total War Games have gone with Rome II and Attilla. I didn't like Shogun very much either.

The reason I pre-ordered was because I can easily steam-refund it.
Tury06 wrote:I agree about premade doesnt require skill at all
This is 2016. Why do the devs allow the magus to continue to be overpowered?

Coryphaus

Post#10 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:09 pm

Valnak wrote: The reason I pre-ordered was because I can easily steam-refund it.
steam refund is like you have 2 2hrs of ingame play time right?

that flys by pretty dam fast