Recent Topics

Ads

Older WAR players

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Arixe

Re: Older WAR players

Post#11 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:11 am

Husband and wife 59 and 58, i started in beta and still enjoy the game. Had to get the wife involved so it would not cut down on my play time.

Ads
StepanyanMirkhavoyan

Post#12 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:35 am

i am 35+

Annihilate

Post#13 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:52 am

I'm 41 with 2 kids and a job. Was playing WAR back in the days when Mythic ran it. Joined back two weeks ago and having an absolute blast!

Drednes

Post#14 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:19 am

this game is amazing isnt it
it made me,a WoW only pve raiding scrub who hated pvp in any form to actually want to play pvp over pve (not this games pve but in general im MUCH more into pvp now)
while i will miss the amazing questlines,pve raiding and zone leveling of WoW...i would never return to that game...played it for 10 years and...it almost ruined MMO's for me with the last 3 expansions...thank god Peon showed this game to many and i started then and still stayed and will do so (waiting for that GODLY looking Tyrant kobs set to appearance it instantly and sov and then i might quit/stop for a while)
untill then...War calls!

sangrosenfeld82

Post#15 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:25 am

well i'm 39 in a week and i'm just starting to get a taste of the game ;)

Dajciekrwi

Post#16 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:10 pm

43 in 25 january 2021:)
Have, daughters 15 & 18 years old, they blame father for comptuer game violence:)))

Orgruk

Post#17 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:52 pm

fabrizio3k wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:06 am How many of you are 40+ and playing ROR? How are you approaching/enjoying the game?

I had read a similar topic regarding WoW in the past and it was full of inspiring stories.

Personally, not yet there but rapidly approaching :D
No more playing ROR, can't find anything fun in this version of the game I liked when it was live ... and nothing is made for aiming at it by its "developpers".
My Choppa/Slayer proposals : Better Rage > GTDC replacement > Balance

Ibechuck97

Post#18 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:25 pm

I'm a casual 41 year old player. My friends got me into the live version about a month after it released. They all quit playing after about a month or two but I kept playing till the day it shut down. I started out on an open RVR server where you got to PVP anywhere on the map. That was tough for non hardcore players and people leveling up. I Remember first making it to T3 and was doing elf PQ's and getting ganked by level 40 players all the time. That server didn't last long and got combined with non open pvp servers. Did anyone else play on the open pvp servers when the game was live?

Ads
martholomew

Post#19 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:39 pm

I'm 45, but still look low 30'sish, thankfully.

I dabble in this game sometimes. I used to play it all day every day, but the guild I was in decided to split up. Now, coming back to it, it just seems all about cities now and I ain't about that life. I feel like the other stuff has fallen by the wayside, and casual players aren't important.
Magus 40/78

mikfez

Post#20 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:50 pm

63 year old - been playing games since the days of the Commodore Pet and Tandy TRS80 - able to play even more now I'm retired :)
Played WAR in the live days and happily transferred to RoR.
I used to be the Guild Leader of the PC Format Guild on WAR and used to write a blog @ https://mikfez.wordpress.com/ In Da Jibblies
I'm the proud owner of the two Warhammer Steins >