Recent Topics

Ads

Free for all pvp + player loot.

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Poll: Would you play mmo with those rules?

Yes would join it.
17%
No its not for me.
83%
Total votes: 59

Zxul

Free for all pvp + player loot.

Post#1 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:44 pm

Based on my memories of playing on Rage Age of Conan server, and probably doesn't really fits for War.

Back in a day I way playing on Rage AoC server- specifically a hardcore ruleset server, can't transfer toons there ets. Its had the following rules:
-Open pvp everywhere, including in warcamps- no guards or similar (the only safe area was bank instance from what I remember). And you could attack everyone, including if I remember right even your guild members.
-Player loot- when you die, you would drop some % of gold which you had on you, and some of items from inventory.
-No lvls boost, all lvls can attack all lvls.
-As part of general mechanics of AoC, stealth available for all classes.

Just wonder in general how many here would want to play mmo with similar rules.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
rwknight

Re: Free for all pvp + player loot.

Post#2 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:10 pm

On LIVE, I had a couple toons on a PvP server. War was truly EVERYWHERE.
It turned into a corpse camping, grief-the-leveling, shitshow IIRC.

RR50+ DESTRO = Zeal / Magus / Chosen / Sham / Choppa / SH / WE / BG / DoK / Sorc
RR50+ ORDER = WP / BW / KoTBS / RP / Engi / IB / AM / WH / SM / WL

★ ★ ★ KNOW YOUR ENEMY ★ ★ ★

TwistedSister77

Post#3 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:48 pm

Darkfall has full loot ffa... has a cult following, but never mainstream.

Fyi also played AOC PVP for many years. Ultima Online was my first mmo... original ruleset, full loot death.

Crowfall has full inventory drop on death (not equipped gear). Beta is running right now. That is 3 faction though.

NSKaneda

Post#4 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:08 pm

• Open pvp everywhere, including in warcamps
That's a hard no. While I'd love all pve terrain to be flagged for pvp, each and every MMO I played that enabled such a thing quickly turned into high lvls spawn camping lowbie areas and player base imploded soon after.
(I still fondly remember when you could kill des in Nordland WC or order in Praag WC with ranged classes... Good times)

• No lvls boost, all lvls can attack all lvls.
Tier 1 warband against one T4 def tank... My money's on the tank.

• As part of general mechanics of AoC, stealth available for all classes.
While making WE/WH obsolete it'd also make engie sniper teams rule all unopposed. And just imagine WLs with stealth... Yeah.
However 5second stealth buff applied to a party by WE/WH instead of speccable m4... Yeah, that'd be fun I imagine.

• Player loot- when you die, you would drop some % of gold which you had on you, and some of items from inventory.
Provided it's not BoP/set items (armour, weapons, trinkets) - sure, why not. With added bonus of medallions per victim rank :)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Zxul

Post#5 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:20 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:08 pm And just imagine WLs with stealth... Yeah.
Whats wrong with WLs with stealth?
(you have no idea for how long I been waiting to post that)
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

NSKaneda

Post#6 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:28 pm

Zxul wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:20 pm
NSKaneda wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:08 pm And just imagine WLs with stealth... Yeah.
Whats wrong with WLs with stealth?
(you have no idea for how long I been waiting to post that)
I can imagine :) I guess the only thing WLs will be missing then is group healing. They should group heal, being tank bodyguards of Chrace.. :D
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Foofmonger

Post#7 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:31 pm

I'd love an open PvP zone, but yea probably not the whole server.

Could be something they do with re-used assets, just like the dueling arena. Would be a cool way to do LOTD as a whole or maybe a new separate map or something.

mekal

Post#8 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:13 am

TwistedSister77 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:48 pm Darkfall has full loot ffa... has a cult following, but never mainstream.
Does darkfall still have population enough to support pvp

I played the original launch back in 2008/09 and loved it havent tried out the new versions though

Ads
Gr3ywind

Post#9 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:00 am

Zxul wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:44 pm Based on my memories of playing on Rage Age of Conan server, and probably doesn't really fits for War.
There is a reason AoC went down as a monumental failure and historical joke of game design.
Zxul wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:44 pm -Player loot- when you die, you would drop some % of gold which you had on you, and some of items from inventory.
-No lvls boost, all lvls can attack all lvls.
-As part of general mechanics of AoC, stealth available for all classes.
When you look at the other titles that had this all it created was a system where players went out in gear to cover the absolute minimum as to not lose anything of value, which in my mind goes against all MMO design. I've tried a few of these before and after 30 years of gaming I can truly say I'd rather have arse cancer.

I'm all for risk vs. reward, FAIR risk, but getting reamed by rr80's in Norsca, good times! You know it would happen, because it already has, in every single game that had this feature. If the developers made it a full on PvP server I'd nope out without a second thought.

Vilhelmina

Post#10 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:28 am

rwknight wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:10 pm On LIVE, I had a couple toons on a PvP server. War was truly EVERYWHERE.
It turned into a corpse camping, grief-the-leveling, shitshow IIRC.
I too remember playing for a short time on a PvP server back on live where the only non-PvP areas where the WCs and Chapter hubs. I left a low-level chapter hub once and an enemy player around 12 ranks higher than me jumped out from behind a tree and ganked me in seconds. Some ass-hats will say, "L2P, get rekt scrub, form a group," etc. But we don't need this kind of crap on the server.