Recent Topics

Ads

Free for all pvp + player loot.

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Poll: Would you play mmo with those rules?

Yes would join it.
17%
No its not for me.
83%
Total votes: 59

Nosun

Re: Free for all pvp + player loot.

Post#11 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:29 am

Like other have said Darkfall you can loot everything off people when u kill them. It was really great in the original version years ago butw the current version Rise of Agon has hardly anyone playing it not even close to as many as this low pop version of Warhammer.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#12 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:20 pm

It's really telling that in a dead old-school niche hardcore PvP game that Warhammer is, on the forums where even more hardcore people frequent, you still have 83% voting against hardcore PvP rules. I can't see that feature ever being successful anywhere, let alone on ROR.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

normanis

Post#13 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:09 pm

and now age of conan is dead with 200 max players on, has left 2 servers chrome and pvp server.
pvp in taht game was pure joke for melle with all those arrow clickings ( onlyone game what i can tell where melle is joke ) basicly rdps can kite u and u will not have chance even hit because of fail combos (they all are timed combos need exact rotation of arrows in short amount of time, even wow clasic has bit better situation.)
also - for aoc was basicly evryone can need on your class weapons/armors, its conq weapon barbarian ninja loot it ( class who really dont need hate increase in pve)
after aoc i go stright to rift
byt 1 + aoc have and it was pve raids , certain t1 raid boss like yakhmar go fury if someone fire damage him. also conq combat ress, great bear shaman similar to 2h warrior priest.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

normanis

Post#14 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:10 pm

and city sieges never seen ( guild can create their own city) or they where bugged.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Foofmonger

Post#15 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:16 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:20 pm It's really telling that in a dead old-school niche hardcore PvP game that Warhammer is, on the forums where even more hardcore people frequent, you still have 83% voting against hardcore PvP rules. I can't see that feature ever being successful anywhere, let alone on ROR.
Yea that's probably the truth. Realistically people don't like losing all their crap unless they are the ones taking it from others.

Those systems just end up jormungandring themselves and eating their own tail. Eventually you are only left with the very "top" players who have basically run everyone else off the server/game.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#16 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:16 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:20 pm It's really telling that in a dead old-school niche hardcore PvP game that Warhammer is, on the forums where even more hardcore people frequent, you still have 83% voting against hardcore PvP rules. I can't see that feature ever being successful anywhere, let alone on ROR.
Mhm... Don't know. It's true for the hardcore pvp zxul proposed, but the pvp server in Age of Reckoning did work to some extend. As far as I remember one of the last 3 German server (there were 15+ AT launch?!) was a pvp server.
Some PQs in WAR are specifically designed for pvp (I remember one in dwarf t1 or t2).

It's just kind of sad that big parts of the map a kind of barren, while everyone is clumped in some tiny pvp zones.
Whatever, at least you have the lingering RvR flag...
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

noobwarrior

Post#17 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:20 pm

I myself have started on the server Averland and stayed there until the end..there was no save ZONE even killing opponents in the camp was allowed in small quantities.. :D
well we exaggerated it a bit which made sure that the people have the server leave because of too much PvP..
to get to the point, yes, I would like something like that back.. Pur PvP NO save ZONE :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

TwistedSister77

Post#18 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:01 pm

mekal wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:13 am
TwistedSister77 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:48 pm Darkfall has full loot ffa... has a cult following, but never mainstream.
Does darkfall still have population enough to support pvp

I played the original launch back in 2008/09 and loved it havent tried out the new versions though
Yeah, there were two new versions led by separate teams or something... very confusing. I dont play, but the version that seems to be getting updates is Rise of Agon (last update this year). Haven't really heard much about the other version... New Dawn... since 2018.

I think Rise of Agon has a free to play option, so you can always jump into game and check out the pop.

Ads
TwistedSister77

Post#19 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:09 pm

I was one of the few who voted I would play. I don't need those rule sets to have fun in pvp, and the survey answers itself... I'd be playing alone if I did. It's just not appealing to the vast majority of pvprs.