Recent Topics

Ads

STAUNCH LINE OF SPEARS

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
DoomedDragon
Posts: 32

STAUNCH LINE OF SPEARS

Post#1 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:46 pm

Image

Please consider my meme (or serious?) request to give SMs spears/2h spears.
With it we will be able to look meanicing enough to challenge the big green bois.
k thx bye

P.S just a funny meme that is ciruclating in the TW:WH theater.

Ads
User avatar
StrongUn
Posts: 223

Re: STAUNCH LINE OF SPEARS

Post#2 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:52 pm

:mrgreen:
Image

User avatar
Glorian
Posts: 4638

Re: STAUNCH LINE OF SPEARS

Post#3 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:27 am

I think I talked with a dev a year ago about spears on SMs.
The spears in the game are there, the items just need an icon and can be equipped.

The problem is: After the first strike the animation bugs out and your character and spear just stand still. Like when we had the horse bug and you were fixed on your horse.

User avatar
Lithenir
Posts: 181

Re: STAUNCH LINE OF SPEARS

Post#4 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:32 am

It's called SWORDmaster not spearmaster... Bad enough they can carry a shield.

Please don't give them a spear...

User avatar
immortalbacon
Posts: 3

Re: STAUNCH LINE OF SPEARS

Post#5 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:43 am

Phoenix guard as a new class for next patch, make it happen or I'll eat cheese while spaming sister of avelorn in the name of jeff

DoomedDragon
Posts: 32

Re: STAUNCH LINE OF SPEARS

Post#6 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:02 pm

Glorian wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:27 am
I think I talked with a dev a year ago about spears on SMs.
The spears in the game are there, the items just need an icon and can be equipped.

The problem is: After the first strike the animation bugs out and your character and spear just stand still. Like when we had the horse bug and you were fixed on your horse.

Been thinking would it be possible to perhaps reuse the BG skill and combat animations then?
I suppose that would only work for 2h spears, if the HE spear resources in game are 1h then maybe they could be slightly enlarged to fit 2h.

Lithenir wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:32 am
It's called SWORDmaster not spearmaster... Bad enough they can carry a shield.

Please don't give them a spear...

Aww c'mon let a man dream, and Phoenix Guard are lore friendly.
Instead of having to make a whole new class, an easy solution would be to let SM's use their regular skills but with BG animations.

My SM grows jelly by the day of those magnificent spears, there is no equivalent to find! :P

User avatar
adapter
Posts: 330

Re: STAUNCH LINE OF SPEARS

Post#7 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:15 pm

Well since you are already talking about this

-Allow Shamans to wear Shields+Daggers
-Allow Squig Herder to wear Shields+Spears to create a new melee spec without squig armor and also improve Squig Armour thanks to shield benefits
-Allow Choppas to wear One handed spears and shields (add shield bash skill)
-Allow Black Orcs to go dual wield
-Add Crossbows to SH and SW

DoomedDragon
Posts: 32

Re: STAUNCH LINE OF SPEARS

Post#8 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:54 pm

adapter wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:15 pm
Well since you are already talking about this

-Allow Shamans to wear Shields+Daggers
-Allow Squig Herder to wear Shields+Spears to create a new melee spec without squig armor and also improve Squig Armour thanks to shield benefits
-Allow Choppas to wear One handed spears and shields (add shield bash skill)
-Allow Black Orcs to go dual wield
-Add Crossbows to SH and SW

Maybe something a bit more minor change, since some of your suggestions would change gameplay (the shield ones).
Just switching a 2h sword to a 2h spear would just be a cosmetic change, and could be made vice versa for BG to perhaps be able to wield 2h swords.

Ads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests