Recent Topics

Ads

[RL]Will melee weapons ever return to active military use.

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Mystry
Suspended

Re: [RL]Will melee weapons ever return to active military use.

Post#11 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:04 pm

I doubt that melee weapons will make a return in modern warfare, for the exact same reason that they left: cost efficiency.

Even if big badass exoskeleton armor is invented that makes a soldier resistant to small arms fire, I'm willing to bet that it'll be insanely expensive, and one exoskeleton armor suit would cost like... ten million bullets. Or a thousand assault rifles. It'll just be more efficient to throw more bullets at things.

Maybe we'll see it in elite special forces types like the SAS, which focus on having a few highly skilled, highly trained, and expensively equipped individuals.

Ads
MMXX43

Post#12 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:38 pm

Click here to watch on YouTube

See how many fail tho ..... pretty sure we kinda lost all technologies to forge actual killing blades or superior armaments. The above series is so nice.
Another important thing about post apocalyptic warfare is actually fortifications , there is one impregnable fort type only that can withstand non gunpowder based artilery

Click here to watch on YouTube

sighy

Post#13 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:42 pm

Well armor did historically develop thicker, as firearms developped. Nowdays it's too cumbersome to have it be a full medieval style suit of armor. But ultimately these armors can't really stop physics so i think there will be a big increase in precision/concussive force.