Recent Topics

Ads

Modern Games (and why i dont play them)

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
lyncher12

Re: Modern Games (and why i dont play them)

Post#11 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:03 am

DirkDaring wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:59 pm i`e been following this one for awhile if they can pull it off it looks promising, and has most of the stuff i`ve been looking for in a mmo for years .

https://youtu.be/1s82xJnx1EY
lazypeon invested money into the game of course he promotes it

Ads
empmoz

Post#12 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:46 am

The 90-00s era is the best, there are still a few good games being made though, usually by less well known companies

sighy

Post#13 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:18 am

Tbh sports and mobile games are the root of the issue here, because that's where the current most anti-consumer bull**** comes from. And unless sports games fans get their **** together and stop paying retail+lootboxes+seasonpass+whatever the **** each year it's not going to change.

AAA games are always made for the bottom line first and quality of the product they put out second, with only a few exceptions. As far as early access goes there are two sides to it, at face value you pay to beta test the game for them, on the other you are investing into a product you wish to see to fruition, which can help indie devs compete.

Luthyen

Post#14 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:25 am

As someone already said, Pillars of Eternity, Trinity, Dinivity Original Sins 2 and Path of Exile, Dark Souls & Bloodborn are very good modern games :).

Other honorable mentions are: Hearts of Iron, Company of Heroes 2, Total War, Soma, Rimwoorld, Darkwood, Frostpunk, and many Anno parts :)

Evilest

Post#15 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:38 am

> Dinivity Original Sins 2

UGH.

DonZeref

Post#16 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:16 pm

Unfortunately, now there are only fans who create mods , add-ons, and even remasters of various games from the 90s. There is still hope.

Paxsanarion

Post#17 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:18 pm

DirkDaring wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:59 pm i`e been following this one for awhile if they can pull it off it looks promising, and has most of the stuff i`ve been looking for in a mmo for years .

https://youtu.be/1s82xJnx1EY
Had not heard of this one....and it sounds just incredible! Thanks for sharing!

normanis

Post#18 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:26 pm

games from begin where made by enthuaiasts and they make each game unique. even graph was bad , byt u loved that game. now evryone coppy paste each ather and make scites. there is some very good gems byt very rare. i started with mororwind .
p.s The Legend of Kyrandia just for example , good game
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ads
kmark101

Post#19 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:37 pm

Talented developers of the 90s and 2ks just gone from the industry level that actually make the games happening. They are either on management level or changed professions (like legendary game maker Gaute from AoC, classic story)... sadly millennial developers are not that talented and the pool is homogenized. On the top of this, investors need better returns (can't blame them) as developing a game nowadays is no small money due to the sky high wages in the industry, so instant cash grab is a must. It all adds up.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Caduceus

Post#20 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:43 pm

It is because a good video game is like a piece of art, just like a movie, a book or a painting can be. And you cannot make art if you are only motivated by money. Greed does not produce art, because greed lacks the soul and wisdom to understand what makes a true piece of art.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz