Recent Topics

Ads

Modern Games (and why i dont play them)

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Solmangrundy

Modern Games (and why i dont play them)

Post#1 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:27 pm

Games turning into mirrors of Gambling sites with mirco transactions

Classic games getting "remade" into broken messes.

Did like all the game devs from the 90's and 2000's just drop dead?

because lmao Blizzard defiantly isn't the Blizzard we grew up with, same could be said about almost all game corporations these days, but Blizzards recent blunder with breaking old wc3 Bnet has got everyone just trashing the crap out of them.

Ads
mytreds

Re: Modern Games (and why i dont play them)

Post#2 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:47 am

You need to watch some of Ponstorys YouTube videos. He explains it there :)

tahaahmed166

Post#3 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:33 am

True dat, absolutely.

Grimfang
Suspended

Post#4 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:56 am

You can make more money off a small wealthier section of a playerbase spending tons than everyone paying a flat price. It matches up with how more wealth is going to a smaller section than it did 30 years ago. If a smaller group of players has more disposable income then of course they will create a market where they go for these whales instead of all gamers. Most industries are the same look at class in the transport sector. Gaming is just catching up.

Samui

Post#5 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:29 pm

Moderna games are cool and have interesting characters. I play LOL and Minecraft now. Also from time to time I check https://veepn.com/vpn-apps/vpn-for-mac/ when can not log into my gaming account.
Last edited by Samui on Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cobra81

Post#6 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:11 pm

I play games since 1986/87 and back then it was more a niche product.

Today its a big market with alot of potential money in it. CEO´s have money making as focus nr 1.
Releasing an unfinished product, stripping out base functions and give these later as dlc´s, and so on is standard today. And the players prove that they are right. DLC´s got bought in rough mass, Fifa ultimate team and lootboxes every year....and no end in sight.

Its really difficult to find a jewel these days and often you´ll find them in smaller companies. EA, Blizz, Bioware are mass producers and offers graphic-bombers and shallow gaming experience.