Recent Topics

Ads

In Loving Memory

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Martok

In Loving Memory

Post#1 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:14 am

To all who read this, thank you.

Some of you may know me from my dedicated play of the Swordmaster Karisanna. Some of you may know me from my numerous videos I have crafted in support of this game featuring play from said Swordmaster. Some of you may know me from my Scenario Guide videos. And, of course, some of you may not know me at all.

For those of you who have followed my videos, you know over the course of the last year I have included within each updates concerning the battle my wife was waging against pancreatic cancer. I featured both video clips and images highlighting her progress through surgery, recovery from same, and subsequent chemo-therapy. For those who really paid attention I often compared her to Wonder Woman.

My wife fought a fierce battle. But she didn't fight just for her own life, she fought for me, for her two boys, and indeed for all who knew and loved her. She fought with a level of courage, grace, and fortitude unmatched by any I have ever witnessed in my life. She proved, again and again, worthy of all the love, admiration, and respect not only I but all who knew her were capable of giving.

But now her fight is done.

She is survived by a loving husband, two loving children, and a host of family and friends who will cherish her memory. During our twenty-six years together she, on occasion, told me how lucky she thought she was that I had picked her to be my wife. However I always knew that wasn't true. I knew the truth was just the opposite. It was me, I was the lucky one.

I wanted to take a moment and thank all here who offered support to me and my family during this period of our lives. It meant much to us both. It is with a grateful heart I acknowledge Azalya, Dansaran, Peter, Ironbowls, Flamea, Keostank, Whiskey, Clover, McHappy, Sophia, Avadore, Bamboozled, Celegion, Zarbix, Kekkers, Gridg, Bolimar, Rutabaga, Theo, Korajin, Zaxxond, Dill, Hellokitty, Decimo, Norkalli, Wargrimnir, Olszewski, Mkatew, Ralphael, Sytheria, and Thormond. If I missed anyone it was not intentional.

From the Devs, the GM's, the guys from Salt Factory, and the community at large I ask only one thing. Hold my spot for me. I may have need of it again some day.

In loving memory of my wife Tracie. January 4th, 1971, August 31st, 2019. I remain forever yours.

Last edited by Martok on Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
dansari

Re: In Loving Memory

Post#2 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:21 am

May her memory live in our hearts forever; we love you Kari.
<Salt Factory>

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Post#3 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:24 am

Kari,

We love you brother and I hope for you and your family's peace. You will always have a spot wherever I am.

~Whiskey

Zaxxond

Post#4 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:25 am

So sorry for you and your family. Here for you anytime you need. Reach out whenever you need to talk. -Z

grendel1892

Post#5 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:26 am

I'm so sorry, my condolences to you and your Family. We hope you can find solace in Family and know that we will always have a place for you in ours..
I smash things on Bolimor (WP) :shock:
I heal Peoplez on Mewanna Party (RP) :o
I guard the slayer on Igurd (SM) :D
I shootz arrows on Frigi Dare (SW) :(

Tankbeardz

Post#6 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:49 am

Sorry to hear. Best wishes.

Rydiak

Post#7 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:56 am

Kari, you'll always find friends and family here. I am terribly sorry for your loss.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

zak68

Post#8 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:25 am

My condolences.

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#9 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:56 am

My condolences. I hope you’ll get better time , the words missing but i am here for you if you need anything .
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

larsulu
Suspended

Post#10 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:58 am

Sorry to hear this mate.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok