Recent Topics

Ads

Support the devs?

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
natenaterollerskate

Support the devs?

Post#1 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:08 pm

Hey guys, i'm new here but love the idea.

I'm not a developer but love the fact that there are passionate people running this thing still.

My question is, how do I support them? I don't see a button anywhere to just give them $10 or something. If there is, I'm blind, but also, it should be more prominent because damn, "Shut up and take my money!"

I know it can cost a lot to pay for servers and all that, everyone here rocks. I just want to make sure it stays a live long term.

Ads
oaliaen

Re: Support the devs?

Post#2 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:21 pm

want to support them? play the game.

chokeanutsman

Post#3 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:28 pm

Could make Warhammer Age of Reckoning merchandise (t-shirts/plushies/etc) tbh. But I guess that's a good thing they don't really care about the money.

Manatikik

Post#4 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:58 pm

They can’t/won’t take money to avoid a Cease and Desist. The philosophy is if there is no money being made then no ones toes are being stepped on.
<Montague><Capulet>

Warfare80

Post#5 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:41 pm

Play the game and give them feedback about bugs/balance issues etc. Make the game more enjoyable = helping devs :)
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

Detangler

Post#6 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:50 pm

Turn off your adblocker and click on those ads whenever you visit the site. It's the only legal way to support the project to avoid a cease and desist
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#7 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:01 am

best support you can do is visit the forums and report any bugs you find in game on the bugtracker.

https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues?state=open

madmalky2014
Suspended

Post#8 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:37 am

There is no real way to support the devs financially as it is not allowed. The best way to support is get on play and keep the numbers healthy. Dont gripe about broken quest missing content as this is a rebuild and involve a lot of work. City Sieges Lotd LV will all make an appearance. You only need to look at CU development to know what a mammoth task coding a working mmo is. Just play enjoy the game the present maybe make mistakes along the way and do things you maybe dont like. But the game is still here and hope it continue to keep going.

Ads