Recent Topics

Ads

Despicable behavior

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
anarchypark

Re: Despicable behavior

Post#31 » Fri May 31, 2019 3:47 pm

for adults, it's disagreement in strategy between leaders, political power game.
for children, it's name calling and contest for top 10 list of 'best leader'. and free candy.
told you, this game have everything.
which game is there having political aspect?
support your pick, run campaign.
sabotage enemy election :lol:

ps. fort afk check is required.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
wonshot

Post#32 » Fri May 31, 2019 3:54 pm

If we look at what time of day this action took place (end of EU primetime) and how often destro lock zones lately as of compared to order.

is it really that realistic to expect Destro turning the tides and keeping momentum from BC-TM-KV and the fort itself. that is minimum 40min per zone not to mention the fort itself. If destro pug heroes named in the initial post really are THAT delusional then I dont know what to say. But atleast I apploud the little bit of realmpride,

or could it be that THEY were the selfish ones and not caring about invader (because its trash on most classes) and therefor wanted more action on the rvr lakes instead of the forts? Now who are the selfish ones I wonder. #playXfilesTheme
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Abe

Post#33 » Fri May 31, 2019 4:02 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 3:16 pm
Abe wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 3:15 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 2:58 pm If current system promotes AFKing/doing the bare minimum to accumulate your Invader, then why would people do anything else? Leads me to believe that there is an issue with the system itself ('don't hate the player hate the game' springs to mind).

Path of least resistance!
Because the have character and self respect not greed and self interest
Why would anyone have anything but self-interest in an MMO that revolves around character progression? Realm pride? :lol:

I've seen how people speak to one another on both Destro and Order (this topic highlights some examples), so it is no wonder at all why people would be out for themselves.
Peter on another post on the forum you addressed to some extent, in a derogatory tone I might add, one of the reasons that Destro was not succeeding was because people were too selfish to create tanks and healers to support proper elite wb's. But now it is ok to be selfish and self-interested in this case. Because these selfish people, that many are praising as being "smart" clearly won't be making characters in the best interest of the realm. You have me confused. (not really your posts make it pretty clear where you are coming from)

peterthepan3

Post#34 » Fri May 31, 2019 4:07 pm

Abe wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 4:02 pm
Abe wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 3:15 pm Because the have character and self respect not greed and self interest
Why would anyone have anything but self-interest in an MMO that revolves around character progression? Realm pride? :lol:

I've seen how people speak to one another on both Destro and Order (this topic highlights some examples), so it is no wonder at all why people would be out for themselves.
Peter on another post on the forum you addressed to some extent, in a derogatory tone I might add, one of the reasons that Destro was not succeeding was because people were too selfish to create tanks and healers to support proper elite wb's. But now it is ok to be selfish and self-interested in this case. Because these selfish people who many are praising as being "smart" clearly won't be making characters in the best interest of the realm. You have me confused. (not really your posts make it pretty clear where you are coming from)
Did I say that it's okay for people to be selfish? No, and in fact I have often voiced disapproval with a system that culminates in such a playstyle. Don't put words into my mouth.

I'm merely explaining why things are the way they are; that when you have a system that encourages looking out for number one, often at the expense of others (because why on earth should you want your enemy to take over your Fort?), people will do just that.

People being too selfish to create tanks and healers is a separate issue that doesn't negate from my previous point whatsoever.

Acidic

Post#35 » Fri May 31, 2019 4:09 pm

Abe wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 3:15 pm Because the have character and self respect not greed and self interest

Peter on another post on the forum you addressed to some extent, in a derogatory tone I might add, one of the reasons that Destro was not succeeding was because people were too selfish to create tanks and healers to support proper elite wb's. But now it is ok to be selfish and self-interested in this case. Because these selfish people who many are praising as being "smart" clearly won't be making characters in the best interest of the realm. You have me confused. (not really your posts make it pretty clear where you are coming from)
Think you are a bit confused.
The game is an old school design of the holy trinity variety (Tank, dps and healer) this is not invented by the devs but a base concept that was used to build the original game.
The game is about optimizing opportunities, as stated by other posters choices of tactical retreat to a winnable fort or carry on the fight until there is not adequate players to win, guess realm pride would suggest that the tactical retreat was the best choice in hind sight.

Abe

Post#36 » Fri May 31, 2019 4:10 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 4:07 pm

Did I say that it's okay for people to be selfish? No, and in fact I have often voiced disapproval with a system that culminates in such a playstyle. Don't put words into my mouth.

I'm merely explaining why things are the way they are; that when you have a system that encourages looking out for number one, often at the expense of others (because why on earth should you want your enemy to take over your Fort?), people will do just that.

People being too selfish to create tanks and healers is a separate issue that doesn't negate from my previous point whatsoever.
Selfish is selfish different issues does not change the behavior. I think you are problably very familiar with that behavior. I am done here.

peterthepan3

Post#37 » Fri May 31, 2019 4:16 pm

Abe wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 4:10 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 4:07 pm

Selfish is selfish different issues does not change the behavior. I think you are problably very familiar with that behavior. I am done here.
End with an ad hominem; how quintessentially RoResque of you.

CountTalabecland

Post#38 » Fri May 31, 2019 4:31 pm

Abe wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 3:30 pm Sooooooooooo if a high level order character allows me (destro) to kill him over and over again to raise my realm rank level that would be the "smart" thing to do according to many posters. No you say, but it is ok to lay down on more global scale. It is the same thing folks
What are you talking about? Why would someone agree to let you kill them over and over again? What is he getting out of it other than banned for violating the terms of use? This is not the same thing as deciding when you choose to ORvR. If you need Invader and you are dest and you are under siege in BC, then what is the issue with just waiting for the fort? Sure going in region and telling others who want to fight to do the same is a **** move but its not the same as the scenario you posted. If you are trying to get invader, why pass up a fort chance in 30 minutes for the possibility of one in 3 hours on the Order fort, assuming things go very well and fast for your side?

I fail to see how this is any different than choosing to play scens only when you need scen gear? I see people in region telling others to queque scens (aka not play in a wb) all the time.
Last edited by CountTalabecland on Fri May 31, 2019 4:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
spiritbull

Post#39 » Fri May 31, 2019 4:32 pm

FMJ WIN

vianiznice

Post#40 » Fri May 31, 2019 4:33 pm

Not that it matters but they have carried their weight more than I can count,
It's their decision to play how they want to, not to mention who are we to dictate how everyone should play?

This is some next level whine, get over it.

PS. I have a feeling I know who this new account belongs to.
Last edited by vianiznice on Fri May 31, 2019 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.