Recent Topics

Ads

Destro

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Wam

Re: Destro

Post#51 » Mon May 27, 2019 9:24 pm

Acidic wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:17 pm
Dammy095 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:12 pm
Charon wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:08 pm btw .... months ago when destro dominated rvr there was a lot of talks that they are much better organize than order ... can you tell me what did exactly happen with you fellow desies ?
NRM disbanded, TUP lost some good players, not sure about PNP, might be income of new players
NRM is now FMJ , same folk different tag
PnP is doing fine, can check my videos if in doubt
TUP , no idea what happening behind the tag
TUP

Lost about half our core member because been farming for years and state of game is very zergy/blob and forts are kinda anti fighting... just more funnel/zerg things than pure open field fights and less wb vs wb and lags...

It shows when we are broken 3fg or full proper wb... We are still fighting and doing our own thing :) usually towards top of kills too...

recruitment is open also

In the past we would co-ordinate with NRM if order blobbed too much and it was generally too much for order to deal with... I do super loose co-ordination with some guild leaders at very rare times as usually too busy leading own group and looking for fights...
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#52 » Mon May 27, 2019 9:28 pm

Smallscale PoV

It is worth playing Destro if you enjoy a challenge: nothing has given me more joy recently than coming up against the dreaded WL/MSW comp, cards stacked against your healers; it's a real challenge to overcome, and you have to be playing at 110%.

kuj0jotar0

Post#53 » Mon May 27, 2019 10:15 pm

Wam wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:24 pm
Acidic wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:17 pm
Dammy095 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:12 pm
NRM disbanded, TUP lost some good players, not sure about PNP, might be income of new players
NRM is now FMJ , same folk different tag
PnP is doing fine, can check my videos if in doubt
TUP , no idea what happening behind the tag
TUP

Lost about half our core member because been farming for years and state of game is very zergy/blob and forts are kinda anti fighting... just more funnel/zerg things than pure open field fights and less wb vs wb and lags...

It shows when we are broken 3fg or full proper wb... We are still fighting and doing our own thing :) usually towards top of kills too...

recruitment is open also

In the past we would co-ordinate with NRM if order blobbed too much and it was generally too much for order to deal with... I do super loose co-ordination with some guild leaders at very rare times as usually too busy leading own group and looking for fights...

I used to be a sad destro player before finding about this guild. The first time I did a guild wb with tup I was impressed on how organization and skill can beat mere numbers. Being underdogs and be able to kick asses is the best sensation.

kmark101

Post#54 » Tue May 28, 2019 2:52 am

kuj0jotar0 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:15 pm
I used to be a sad destro player before finding about this guild. The first time I did a guild wb with tup I was impressed on how organization and skill can beat mere numbers. Being underdogs and be able to kick asses is the best sensation.
You mean the first time you have seen how 4 marauders can drain all order wb of their morales at once, with order having no tools to do the same and losing by default?
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Warfare80

Post#55 » Tue May 28, 2019 6:37 am

Aurandilaz wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:27 am I mean, if you have read the dev plans for morale reworks, and then do basic math on they will end up affecting warband meta... yeah, it's time to roll Order and ride with the true realm heroes. Besides, taking few forts a day for gold bags is more fun than being roflstomped in forts and only dreaming of bags. :)
Really wanna go there? Ok lets talk aoe moraledrains and choppa pulls. Ill trade rampage and WLs for those two skills on orderside ;)
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

Aurandilaz

Post#56 » Tue May 28, 2019 7:34 am

Warfare80 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:37 am
Aurandilaz wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:27 am I mean, if you have read the dev plans for morale reworks, and then do basic math on they will end up affecting warband meta... yeah, it's time to roll Order and ride with the true realm heroes. Besides, taking few forts a day for gold bags is more fun than being roflstomped in forts and only dreaming of bags. :)
Really wanna go there? Ok lets talk aoe moraledrains and choppa pulls. Ill trade rampage and WLs for those two skills on orderside ;)

Pretty sure our 1 remaining Mara isn't running drain spec because it is not viable in 100v100 zergblobfights which seem the usual order tactic lately. Or maybe we just need to yell more "go drain 'em ell".
WL is such cancerclass (have one in vanq gears) shouldn't even exist in first place, impossible to balance because idiotic pet class design. And for Rampage trade, you get a barely used, fresh out of shop, an epic 100 AP buff that requires enemy in 5ft range and drops Rage. You know, because both are equally valuable 5pts mastery investments. :D
Choppa pull will only be traded for ID+Shatter, our Bork "dey took our jerbs" with CD reducer buffing, so maybe CH! can be included in trade for SL+ID. :P

but dunno, none of above really matters, order scrubpugs will keep zerging from dawn till dusk and no one has the motivation to keep playing these zergfights with forts being the usual shitshows and RvR design causing all players to coalesce all into one laggy zone and ignore flags in every other zones.

it's beginning to get just too tiresome. T4 endgame gear should not be locked behind "everyone zerg this zone and hope you get fort ticked so you can zergrush fort and have the defenders line up for their weekly fort loss pity inv medals". Actual campaign should matter, flags should matter, spreading out should matter.
Personally I miss the old Victory Point system and locked flags, and how much leeway it gave to underdog defenders to stall zerging attackers. But no, "we were ruining the fun for Order by delaying zone locks", gotta keep the zergers happy, so here we are.

Nidwin

Post#57 » Tue May 28, 2019 7:54 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:28 pm Smallscale PoV

It is worth playing Destro if you enjoy a challenge: nothing has given me more joy recently than coming up against the dreaded WL/MSW comp, cards stacked against your healers; it's a real challenge to overcome, and you have to be playing at 110%.
Same for me for Large Scale PoV.

That bottom floor def in Caledor inner, Yesterday early evening, was a blast. 40-60% aao and for once we hold it.
As a core RvRer my true "kick" is actually when the blobs clash and in my case the bigger, the better.
And be real, it's The Alamo most of the time on destro side so do you really want to be Santa Anna ? :roll:
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Scrilian

Post#58 » Tue May 28, 2019 9:10 am

Aurandilaz wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:34 am Pretty sure our 1 remaining Mara isn't running drain spec because it is not viable in 100v100 zergblobfights which seem the usual order tactic lately. Or maybe we just need to yell more "go drain 'em ell".
WL is such cancerclass (have one in vanq gears) shouldn't even exist in first place, impossible to balance because idiotic pet class design. And for Rampage trade, you get a barely used, fresh out of shop, an epic 100 AP buff that requires enemy in 5ft range and drops Rage. You know, because both are equally valuable 5pts mastery investments. :D
Choppa pull will only be traded for ID+Shatter, our Bork "dey took our jerbs" with CD reducer buffing, so maybe CH! can be included in trade for SL+ID. :P
Do you really need all of that on top of just getting the RnD M2 mirrored to the sorc for free with no repercussions?
I mean how cheezy can you get with all wb pumping morals outside of doks and rare few MDPS.

Or a nifty low cooldown combo of choppa pulls into zdps zealot punts, a perfectly balanced set of tools surely available to both sides of the realm. Who even needs moral drain when you can just take a token deftard squig to pounce-gas-punt the backline.

I'd even argue that Raze moving to m3 did hurt order more, coz we ain't seeing it in go off now in pretty much any scenario, while ez pump to Distracting Bellow is a valid option with its 100ft range. And other stuff, but I think I'm repeating myself ;)
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Ads
BeautfulToad

Post#59 » Tue May 28, 2019 10:47 am

Aurandilaz wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:34 am
Warfare80 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:37 am

Pretty sure our 1 remaining Mara isn't running drain spec because it is not viable in 100v100 zergblobfights which seem the usual order tactic lately. Or maybe we just need to yell more "go drain 'em ell".

but dunno, none of above really matters, order scrubpugs will keep zerging from dawn till dusk and no one has the motivation to keep playing these zergfights with forts being the usual shitshows and RvR design causing all players to coalesce all into one laggy zone and ignore flags in every other zones.

it's beginning to get just too tiresome. T4 endgame gear should not be locked behind "everyone zerg this zone and hope you get fort ticked so you can zergrush fort and have the defenders line up for their weekly fort loss pity inv medals". Actual campaign should matter, flags should matter, spreading out should matter.
Personally I miss the old Victory Point system and locked flags, and how much leeway it gave to underdog defenders to stall zerging attackers. But no, "we were ruining the fun for Order by delaying zone locks", gotta keep the zergers happy, so here we are.
I personally don't find RvR imbalanced. I think you may be unlucky, because there is certain TZs that order vastly outnumber destro in RvR. I do think the awards should not be debuffed as hard if you take a zone with few order and destro opposing, since right now you are rewarded for joining 200v200 RvRs and not taking keeps, which should be the focus. Scenarios can be hit or miss, and there is no doubt certain scenario games suit certain classes more than others.

I can't see choppa pull being removed, or even nerfed significantly for the time being. There may be one or two tweaks to it, but can't see it being removed entirely or nerfed beyond usefulness.

BeautfulToad

Post#60 » Tue May 28, 2019 10:51 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:28 pm Smallscale PoV
in 6v6, has destro tried a kind of "meat grinder strategy" to counter pounce. You have 2 tanks, a tanky magus/choppa/mara and shammies for group heals. You stay as a small compact unit, and pull in everyone you can. That seems the destro meta, and would interested to know why it is not feasible (sure a BW might cause a bit of havoc to that group but it seems natural counter for WL/mSW pounce combo who'd die in seconds in range of a choppa and tanky magus).
Last edited by BeautfulToad on Tue May 28, 2019 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.