Recent Topics

Ads

aSW+WL+SM combo

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
rmpl

Re: aSW+WL+SM combo

Post#91 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:50 pm

penril couldnt have said it better

Ads
flintboth

Post#92 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:22 pm

Funny really funny.
I was sure that one day it was going to happen but I would not expected "such a fun time" !
All noobs are laughing with me today, thank you so much.
Really great time !
monkey 079 (test failure - escaped)

anarchypark

Post#93 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:09 pm

Penril wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:23 pm I didn't participate in the event, and i just came back after 14 months not playing but from everything i have read apparently Order has too much mobility and burst damage.

I wonder if having a decent AoE snare (Big Brawlin) would help destro counter Order's mobility, specially since they still have awesome AoE snares with Slice Through and Earthshatter. I also wonder if a 25% damage reduction (Crippling Strikes) which could stack with other debuffs like Ya Missed Me! (20% reduced physical damage) on top of Guard to effectively reduce someone's damage by around 70% would have helped against the "crazy" Order burst. Maybe faster morales as well (DfV and YSMBD). Maybe having access to decent punts or DPS (THC) while in SnB, as to remain super tanky while still helping your group.

My point is, i don't think Order needs a nerf. But maybe it is time to rethink about all the unnecessary nerfs that have been thrown around to both sides (and made by one guy who was completely clueless about most classes, if not all). The problem is that devs have a pretty hard time admitting that something they changed was a mistake. Instead of saying "it is alpha, we tested this and it obviously didn't work, reverting" they go with "stop whining, adapt, we will continue to kick the beehive".

why close your eyes to shaman mobility,
block chance of dps, aoe undefendable spam to proc aoe dmg reduction?
all things have reason to be, start from there.
not from personal grudge.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

peterthepan3

Post#94 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:00 pm

anarchypark wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:09 pm
Penril wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:23 pm I didn't participate in the event, and i just came back after 14 months not playing but from everything i have read apparently Order has too much mobility and burst damage.

I wonder if having a decent AoE snare (Big Brawlin) would help destro counter Order's mobility, specially since they still have awesome AoE snares with Slice Through and Earthshatter. I also wonder if a 25% damage reduction (Crippling Strikes) which could stack with other debuffs like Ya Missed Me! (20% reduced physical damage) on top of Guard to effectively reduce someone's damage by around 70% would have helped against the "crazy" Order burst. Maybe faster morales as well (DfV and YSMBD). Maybe having access to decent punts or DPS (THC) while in SnB, as to remain super tanky while still helping your group.

My point is, i don't think Order needs a nerf. But maybe it is time to rethink about all the unnecessary nerfs that have been thrown around to both sides (and made by one guy who was completely clueless about most classes, if not all). The problem is that devs have a pretty hard time admitting that something they changed was a mistake. Instead of saying "it is alpha, we tested this and it obviously didn't work, reverting" they go with "stop whining, adapt, we will continue to kick the beehive".

why close your eyes to shaman mobility,
block chance of dps, aoe undefendable spam to proc aoe dmg reduction?
all things have reason to be, start from there.
not from personal grudge.
Shaman mobility is countered by WL Pounce & Fetch, SkirmSW RKD, RP Staggers, etc.

Countering Order's mobility is not so easy a feat when (as Penril said already) the tools to do so (BO AoE snare/DOK Covs) have been toned down a bit. Oversight when creating the Shadowstep (I'll put my hands up for my part in that) adding another mobile class to the mix.

Alfinnete
Banned

Post#95 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:09 pm

SW mdps is the best mdps now... dont use bow, use sword... this server take bad ideas...

Nietzsky

Post#96 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:59 pm

Totally cool with DoKs getting the wounds buff mirrored..... as long as the WP in turn gets the unspellable DoK heal debuff mirrored. Hell I'll even trade!

While we're at it, AoE snare plz! We're the "offensive" side right?
Nietzsky - RR6(x) Salvation Warrior Priest

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#97 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:26 am

This isn't an exact mirror game, people need to relax. If you like what you see on the other side go play it. ICONIC will hold the realm for destro

Manatikik

Post#98 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:45 am

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:26 am This isn't an exact mirror game, people need to relax. If you like what you see on the other side go play it. ICONIC will hold the realm for destro
Aren’t you leveling a WL right now...
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#99 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:46 am

To discover a weakness you must experience first hand.

Iconic wisdom

But the ICONIC blob has yet to lose. We went 20:0. If anyone wants to utilize this strat you must pay ICONIC 500gold per win