Recent Topics

Ads

Why y'all hating on healers?

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Stinkyweed

Re: Why y'all hating on healers?

Post#31 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:41 pm

Free Fulkan!
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

Ads
Kaori1

Post#32 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:12 pm

I main a zealot and I have literally no issues getting enough contribution for a bag roll or a high RR tick from a zone flip/keep. If anything I think it might be a bit too easy; seems like if I have at least 5-10 minutes of healing/rezzing a few players in combat then I'm guaranteed a roll. I also prefer playing solo unless a wb is asking for healers in chat. The RR ticks for saving people in random RvR fights could be a bit more generous (especially since healers literally cannot get loot or quest kill counts from solo healing) but I don't think its anything to get worked up over.

Try making a new chat tab and filter everything out except RR gains, go on a healing spree and check to see how much you're getting on average. I'm sure its more than you're making it out to be.

uanaka

Post#33 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:30 pm

**This is anecdotal**

Since we don't know how contribution is calculated it's hard to know exactly how much weight what we do actually contributes into our final bag roll and RR ticks. In my experience, I find that it's often a lot easier for my tank/knight to hit the 20k lord kill renown tick and i'm just doing pretty simple things such as manning the ram, defending door with hold the line every once in a while, and putting some dps on the lord.

However, on my healer if I'm throwing out heals in my WB, rezzing basically on cooldown, and doing some dps as well for the same amount of time played, I find that I will often get 9-12k renown for a lord kill. Again, I haven't calculated the renown differences leading up to the lord kill, but it's hard to know exactly what matters and what goes into calculating it all. Of course each situation is going to differ, but I do find it a little disheartening that I can feel like I am doing more on my healer, but end up being rewarded less (at least just looking at the renown tick from lord). I don't mention zone lock, cause I just don't really pay attention to that.

Fulkan

Post#34 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:33 pm

Kaori1 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:12 pm I main a zealot and I have literally no issues getting enough contribution for a bag roll or a high RR tick from a zone flip/keep. If anything I think it might be a bit too easy; seems like if I have at least 5-10 minutes of healing/rezzing a few players in combat then I'm guaranteed a roll. I also prefer playing solo unless a wb is asking for healers in chat. The RR ticks for saving people in random RvR fights could be a bit more generous (especially since healers literally cannot get loot or quest kill counts from solo healing) but I don't think its anything to get worked up over.

Try making a new chat tab and filter everything out except RR gains, go on a healing spree and check to see how much you're getting on average. I'm sure its more than you're making it out to be.
while i promised to **** my fricking trap up - i must point out one single logical fallacy of this mans' post. He made a mistake of mentioning that he cast resurrect.

The reason I have full 6/6 Vanq is because I have realized (just like he has) that letting people die on purpose and resurrecting them carries more contribution than actually participating in the fact that you should heal people.

lawl
"I see the hatred in your eyes, hidden behind courtly graces. I know the terrible darkness that hides behind your well-rehearsed lies. I wait for you at the edge of sanity. I taste the pain in your mind, the yearning to end this charade.
—Tzeentch

Haskr

Post#35 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:38 pm

I was here!

Marawo

Post#36 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:51 pm

Spoiler:
Every Tank reading this topic

Nefarian78

Post#37 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:55 pm

What am i doing here?

Wtf am i reading?
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Warfare80

Post#38 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:06 pm

Marawo wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:51 pm
Spoiler:
Every Tank reading this topic
Haha this made me laugh! 10/10 :D
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#39 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:30 pm

Kaori1 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:12 pm I also prefer playing solo unless a wb is asking for healers in chat. The RR ticks for saving people in random RvR fights could be a bit more generous (especially since healers literally cannot get loot or quest kill counts from solo healing) but I don't think its anything to get worked up over.
I'm pretty sure you're were almost onto something here and you missed it.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Fulkan

Post#40 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:43 am

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:30 pm
Kaori1 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:12 pm I also prefer playing solo unless a wb is asking for healers in chat. The RR ticks for saving people in random RvR fights could be a bit more generous (especially since healers literally cannot get loot or quest kill counts from solo healing) but I don't think its anything to get worked up over.
I'm pretty sure you're were almost onto something here and you missed it.
"I see the hatred in your eyes, hidden behind courtly graces. I know the terrible darkness that hides behind your well-rehearsed lies. I wait for you at the edge of sanity. I taste the pain in your mind, the yearning to end this charade.
—Tzeentch