Recent Topics

Ads

Removal from SC due to ignoring/late reaction on Dev’s instruction.

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Removal from SC due to ignoring/late reaction on Dev’s instruction.

Post#31 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:49 pm

Zegota wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:45 pm
Haskr wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:37 pm Dang I am too late for the drama, can someone sum it up for me?

Going to the supermarket on a monday afternoon turned out a mistake, as always, at least I have real popcorn in front of me as I browse this forum now.
Same ol'. Person disliked by the team (member) for whatever reason gets singled out by the use of the vague rules. The usual arm twisting and baiting technic. You either bend the knee or face the consequences. Sadly all of this got enabled by the Bretin/Enigma fiasco. Server hasn't been the same ever since. We had a short period of reconciliation but we all know how it ended.
Maybe this needs a refresher, but if you're in the thread to stir up drama, I've already given out several warnings and happy to give more. Some people have already collect enough for their first suspension, but that's how rules work here.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Zegota

Post#32 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:56 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:49 pm
Haskr wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:37 pm Dang I am too late for the drama, can someone sum it up for me?

Going to the supermarket on a monday afternoon turned out a mistake, as always, at least I have real popcorn in front of me as I browse this forum now.
Same ol'. Person disliked by the team (member) for whatever reason gets singled out by the use of the vague rules. The usual arm twisting and baiting technic. You either bend the knee or face the consequences. Sadly all of this got enabled by the Bretin/Enigma fiasco. Server hasn't been the same ever since. We had a short period of reconciliation but we all know how it ended.
Maybe this needs a refresher, but if you're in the thread to stir up drama, I've already given out several warnings and happy to give more. Some people have already collect enough for their first suspension, but that's how rules work here.
You're obviously baiting people for speaking out their mind. If you didn't want the "drama" you would've locked the thread already.

Akilinus

Post#33 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:02 pm

So can we get any clarification on the rules?
Saw another stream related issue where Secrets was playing pug sc with 3-4 guild mates but it was ok cuz there was no proof that they were exploting the system. I highly doubt it would have been the same for any other guild if this happend.
So clarification please
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#34 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:06 pm

Zegota wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:56 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:49 pm

You're obviously baiting people for speaking out their mind. If you didn't want the "drama" you would've locked the thread already.
You're correct. I don't want the drama, this issue is relatively small it was handled quickly the parties involved are satisfied for the most part. The only thing left to deal with is certain people on the forums who want to take any opportunity they possibly can to turn this into drama and have it reflect poorly on the server and our staff. So if you come into this thread and you post with either the intention or the appearance of stirring up drama I am happy to give you a warning or escalate to a suspension provided your account warrants such action.

It's easy enough to just say lock the thread, but in the past we catch trash for that as well. Locking threads and stifling any conversation tends to get us called some colorful things in private messages or directly. So this one is open and if somehow you can find a way to have meaningful conversation, you're welcome to do so. Personally I have no idea how you will accomplish that without stirring up drama, as the entire basis of the original post was to stir up drama.

The vast majority of people I would simply recommend not posting here and letting this thread die a short sad death.

Toonman

Post#35 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:07 pm

Probably wouldn't have been such an issue if they didn't' take out their banners, plant them, and then refuse to run the part. That was a douche move.

Thefuckisgoingon

Post#36 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:07 pm

Spoiler:
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:33 pm Was I unclear about something? This typically is not something that a GM will take action on, therefore if any staff member were to take action on something that GM doesn't have in their guidelines I will typically step in and correct them.
You step in by calling people assholes and -literally- declaring that you are everything but impartial.
What irritates me most about situations like this is that certain people want to get on the forums and turn it into a big pissing contest. it's not that complicated.
They get on the forums to make sense of this nonsense. It wouldn't devolve into a pissing contest if, just for once, the head GM wouldn't indulge in blatant cronyism and toss about infractions onto the guy that keeps stirring **** since ages - not onto people that are being continuously gaslight, griefed and ridiculed.

At this point no one has a **** clue what is, or isn't allowed. Your baiting efforts aren't helpful, your apparent masochism isn't either. Why for the love of god do you keep catching bullets? You are the one that should be most upset about this continued bullshit, as you are the one being made a **** laughing stock. I don't unterstand it, I seriously do not unterstand.
Pretty sure we can safely ignore shill accounts created today as they are very likely from previously banned players who now solely exist to aggravate any minor issue they can find.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#37 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:10 pm

Akilinus wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:02 pm So can we get any clarification on the rules?
Saw another stream related issue where Secrets was playing pug sc with 3-4 guild mates but it was ok cuz there was no proof that they were exploting the system. I highly doubt it would have been the same for any other guild if this happend.
So clarification please
Classic misdirection and pot stirring. The situation has been clarified twice already, and the other part regarding Secrets is totally unrelated and was also cleared up previously. Simply piling on. Warning applied for you sir.

Rowdy667

Re: Devs removing people from SC for spawning camping?

Post#38 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:16 pm

Spoiler:
Alfinnete wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:37 pm If this really was GM's act it confers abuse of power and lack of professionalism.

i was thinking that also, i mean i cant count how often we(Destro) get spawn-camped too!! that kick was rediculous!!! there should be a warning at fist , but even that would be too much cause spawn-camps happen every day, since 2008 liveserver!!
Warned

Ads
kristeva

Post#39 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:21 pm

Spoiler:
Wargrimnir you have a knack of writing in such a way that makes you sound smart and sensible. What you're really doing is condoning and rationalising discriminatory and egotistical behaviour.

Substantial evidence of this was put forward last year and the community was effectively calmed down by statements from the senior staff that this was the final warning and any further abuses of power would result in dismissal from the project.

This incident follows a string of rude forum posts which I would have thought would be evidence enough. If they're not, this surely is?

I have never gotten involved in things like this before so please don’t accuse me of stirring anything. I continue to play for the people, the population and the game, but this behaviour is infringing on everyone’s enjoyment. This pattern of behaviour has led to some of the most active guilds being disbanded, classes broken and leaders banned.

Just like in anywhere, bullying and discriminatory behaviour shouldn't stand. Note I don't say ‘work place’, because we all appreciate that this is volunteer time for the staff. But this would be the expectation of toddlers in nursery, how can it not be upheld here?
Warned
Last edited by kristeva on Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alizea Kristeva Sorine Alyz Aliz Alyzea Sallie Livvie Mistie Cedric

Armagdon

Post#40 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:21 pm

Spoiler:
As far as i know Drama meaning in English is : ''the activity of acting'', ''an exciting, emotional, or unexpected event or circumstance''. so please stop using that crap here.

What we are seeing here is ABSOLUTE abuse of power by someone from R&D that Yali previously mentioned that wont have any GM power's in game anymore.

There is no drama here, i think me and most of the people commenting about this issue want a clarification for a FACT (not drama) that was PROVED and ABUSED by a GM and you trying to hide it under the rug.
Warned
Hyronen

*Inactive*