Recent Topics

Ads

Is this game losing it?

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
FinduilAsuryan

Is this game losing it?

Post#1 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:12 am

Here´s just my 2 Cents on the current Situation on the current situation:

I feel that mostly (with few exception) there is a massive disbalance in Population. Destruction has way more People (yesterday primtime - 200 aao, for example) Solution might be to make something like a Population Tracker and if there were to many People on one side you just couldnt lock in on that side any more?)

On top of that i feel that Order classes have been nerfed in comparison to destruction classes (might also be a lack of buffing compared to destro) the very strong wl first became a weaker shadow of marauder and now is fleshed to vanilla state.

i feel destro has - i.e. with marauder (solo, grp and wb rampager) and squig overhaul (solo and wb) and choppa pulls such a massive Advantage (compare those classes to wl, sw and slayer) which adds to the already annoying Population disbalance.
it never seemed to be so bad, the last few weeks have not been enjoyable….

How does destro see it? How do my fellow ordies see it?
Finduil WL 40 /81
Hakatri SM 40/80
Alqua AM 40/69
Xinduil SW 40/54

Ads
Fallenkezef

Re: Is this game losing it?

Post#2 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:23 am

I went from playing every day to rarely playing at all
Alea iacta est

Dammy095

Post#3 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:24 am

try playing destro yourself

Foomy44

Post#4 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:26 am

FinduilAsuryan wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:12 am Here´s just my 2 Cents on the current Situation on the current situation:

I feel that mostly (with few exception) there is a massive disbalance in Population. Destruction has way more People (yesterday primtime - 200 aao, for example) Solution might be to make something like a Population Tracker and if there were to many People on one side you just couldnt lock in on that side any more?)

On top of that i feel that Order classes have been nerfed in comparison to destruction classes (might also be a lack of buffing compared to destro) the very strong wl first became a weaker shadow of marauder and now is fleshed to vanilla state.

i feel destro has - i.e. with marauder (solo, grp and wb rampager) and squig overhaul (solo and wb) and choppa pulls such a massive Advantage (compare those classes to wl, sw and slayer) which adds to the already annoying Population disbalance.

I see AAO as destro every single day as I'm sure order does too, think I was in TM 2 hours ago with 140AAO. Devs have repeatedly stated WL is getting worked on so you are basically complaining about the guys that don't get paid to do this work not working fast enough which seems ridiculous to me. You didn't specify what you think is wrong about SH so can't really comment but the normal complaints of "top dps super tank" are just not true, you can do great damage but you will be squishy, or you can be a tank but you do crap dps outside maybe spamming fluff aoe in a zerg (thought I wouldn't mind if they lost Bad Gas, definitely a lot easier to land as a SH than a slayer). Pretty sure devs are getting rid of Choppas pull wish I personally hate, would much rather see it get nerfed until it's not OP, before the 2 buffs it received a few months back literally no one used it so I find it hard to believe there isn't a middle ground where it's just a viable ability. I advise you roll a destro toon and see if the grass really is greener on the other side, my eyes were opened quite a bit when I rolled my first order toons after being a destro main for a while and thinking order had all the advantages (although Guardian WL was absolutely insane in small scale and current SH doesn't come close, I have both of em at high RR. Pretty sure my WL's pet has solo'd more people than my SH has)
Last edited by Foomy44 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

facundo7777

Post#5 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:32 am

Dammy095 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:24 am try playing destro yourself
perfect advice...

in close future there will be destro vs ... empty zones . Locking empty keeps and afking on flags.

Bowldancer

Post#6 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:43 am

I went from playing every day to only playing the auction house for the big giveaway as I lost my trust in the process.

But i always prefered playing with aao. I think the system is fine as it is. And the population shifts back and forth like the tide.
Last edited by Bowldancer on Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

Chuba

Post#7 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:54 am

One problem is the xrealm: GM's won't integrate it because of the few guys that can't join the AAO team... But for real: a few join for AAO and all others cross realms for greater rewards on the locking side! That makes this game feel annoying. I started 1 month ago on order after 1 year of break but already thinking about looking for a new game... And making PvE on destro in PvP area shows up that this game isn't mine.

bulgy70
Suspended

Post#8 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:03 am

FinduilAsuryan wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:12 am Here´s just my 2 Cents on the current Situation on the current situation:

So you have AAO when you are playing order, i have AAO for half of the time i am playing desto. both side get AAO at primtimes.

Desto feel that we are the weaker side, and that order have the better setups. Just remember the grass is not always greener on the other side.
Last edited by bulgy70 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Haskr

Post#9 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:16 am

Regarding the AAO part: AAO is nothing bad, in fact I like it more than if the enemy would have it.

I level a WH right now and went from level 17 to 24 yesterday with AAO and a bit of questing, renown rank went from 17 to 29.
Just for killing two afk choppers with 300%? AAO in BFP I got over 21k renown.

Even with AAO and not a solo class you can always do something, if you are DD get a heal and tank and make a small roam group and/or que for scenarios. Play it smart and roam around, purge the afkers, cut the tails of warbands, kill the straglers trying to join their keep siege, before they realise you already got some kills and vanish in the air.
Last edited by Haskr on Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mystry
Suspended

Post#10 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:18 am

Haskr wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:16 am AAO is nothing bad, in fact I like it more than if the enemy would have it.

I level a WH right now and went from level 17 to 24 yesterday with AAO and a bit of questing, renown rank went from 17 to 29.
Just for killing two afk choppers with 300%? AAO in BFP I got over 21k renown.

Even with AAO and not a solo class you can always do something, if you are DD get a heal and tank and make a small roam group and/or que for scenarios. Play it smart and roam around, purge the afkers, cut the tails of warbands, kill the straglers trying to join their keep siege, before they realise you already got some kills and vanish in the air.
If you have significant AAO then chances are you don't have healers or tanks.

Not to mention the fact that raw numbers is the number one most important thing in this game, and all those oh so special AAO rewards mean jack **** because you literally are unable to kill a single enemy since they have multiple warbands will tanks and healers and you're alone.

Now, if AAO gave large defense and damage buffs, on the other hand....things might be different.