Recent Topics

Ads

Words of advice

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Unstoppable1776
Banned

Re: Words of advice

Post#31 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:57 pm

Balance Moderator's are a form of leadership on the forums? do they lead discussions? Do they have ban rights?

Again I am not in a leadership role.

However, Ilike how 3 diferent community leaders attack my post. I'm just thankful that the real leader of this game acts like a leader. He is definitely the one that holds this server together.

Ads
Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#32 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:58 pm

Additionally Just because I play 2-6 players, doesn't mean I put down casual players. I play the game how I want to play, and they play the way they want to.

peterthepan3

Post#33 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:59 pm

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:57 pm Balance Moderator's are a form of leadership on the forums? do they lead discussions? Do they have ban rights?

Again I am not in a leadership role.

However, Ilike how 3 diferent community leaders attack my post. I'm just thankful that the real leader of this game acts like a leader. He is definitely the one that holds this server together.
We're facilitators in the Balance section of the forum; we leave community affairs to the relevant staff members. I just wanted to correct you on that minor point.

Not attacking you, just telling you what's what.

gargharoth

Post#34 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:32 pm

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:08 pm Be careful on the class changes.
No one is going to come back to a broken game if you change the classechanics and destroy their toon of choice. Not everyone can play hours upon hours leveling up a toon. People read the class description selected their toon and leveled it up. If you upset them, and make a class not fun for them after years of playing.. they leave and population gets worse. Instead of focusing on these huge changes put focus on making very small changes. Like why hasn't ruin, red-eye, beastlord gear been updated for dps healers?(yet the next dungeon you are going to force people to be full redye which has mix stats?.... When is this new gear set out? What's the status on fortress? Those are the topics that should be discussed you take away something from live you will lose people, not gain. Just look at how many people you upset in that balance thread. And it's funny how aomoen comments on the Choppa pull when that "balance mods" doesn't have a Choppa. The random pull can suck just as much as it can be nice. From my experience on a 40 Choppa it just put free immunities on people.
goddamn right :geek:
Kupaczabra
Roadblock

Fey

Post#35 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:02 pm

Posting thoughtfully on these boards is a futile exercise. The dev team have their priorities and the rest of you can slag off. Flame away.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

dansari

Post#36 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:12 pm

Fey wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:02 pm Posting thoughtfully on these boards is a futile exercise. The dev team have their priorities and the rest of you can slag off. Flame away.
Not anywhere near our actual philosophy.
<Salt Factory>

ajnin420
Suspended

Post#37 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:14 pm

dansari wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:12 pm
Fey wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:02 pm Posting thoughtfully on these boards is a futile exercise. The dev team have their priorities and the rest of you can slag off. Flame away.
Not anywhere near our actual philosophy.
Then practice what you preach... cause I dont see it

catholicism198

Post#38 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:15 pm

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:33 pm Your team put down pugs give them labels and tell them how to play. How about you let people play what they want. When the casual player base is 90 percent of the pop.
This is probably the only thing I will ever agree with you on.

Casuals and PuGs are the only reason why RoR is still around; dissing, dismissing, and ignoring them is a bad move. This game needs casuals/pugs.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#39 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:22 pm

Noone is dismissing them. Why don't we just jump off the victimhood bandwagon, which seems to be the FOTM today. Changes that are being discussed do have pug concerns taken into account; you only have to look at Dansari's Priority List to see this.

Xumae

Post#40 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:23 pm

catholicism198 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:15 pm
Unstoppable1776 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:33 pm Your team put down pugs give them labels and tell them how to play. How about you let people play what they want. When the casual player base is 90 percent of the pop.
This is probably the only thing I will ever agree with you on.

Casuals and PuGs are the only reason why RoR is still around; dissing, dismissing, and ignoring them is a bad move. This game needs casuals/pugs.
Very true, and besides this IS probably the most casual MMO ever. It has literally no ladder or rating system. Inb4 were gonna add one. You're fooling yourself.
Nezeb rr8x dps dok
Demonlarry rr7x Magus
Squigdakka rr7xSquig herder
Mcronalds rr6x Mara