Recent Topics

Ads

TW:WH2 Dark elves trailer

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Tesq

Re: TW:WH2 Dark elves trailer

Post#11 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:01 am

TenTonHammer wrote:
Tesq wrote:

mm malekith armor was crafted by a dwarf if i not mistake, is just the helm anyway the bodysuit is pretty similar to aor or the coverbook.

no that cant be right? the armor or midnight was forged by a a renegade priest of Vaul named Hotek wasnt it?
ye then i know better 40k lore than fantasy :)

Ads
kriegheim

Post#12 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:54 am

Trailer is good, but still waiting for the Skavens and more subterranean battlefields for Skavens/Dwarfs/Greenskins. Also Norsca mini-campaign would be nice (Skaelings, Vargs, Bjornlings etc) and Chaos Dwarfs, but it is likely to appear maybe in the 3rd game with Tomb Kings/Nagash.

TenTonHammer

Post#13 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:03 am

kriegheim wrote:Trailer is good, but still waiting for the Skavens and more subterranean battlefields for Skavens/Dwarfs/Greenskins. Also Norsca mini-campaign would be nice (Skaelings, Vargs, Bjornlings etc) and Chaos Dwarfs, but it is likely to appear maybe in the 3rd game with Tomb Kings/Nagash.

I dislike the mini campaigns

One of the things that makes the grand campaign so good is the fact that with such a large map and multiple factions their are soo many variables that give great replay value

Mini campaigns with their zoomed in ares and limited factions, results in very little replay value and it didnt help that the BM and WE mini campiagns felt like glorified tutorials to me that i never wanted and bumped up the price of the DLC

As far as norsca goes, i dont know if you know or not but the pre order bonus for TWWH2 is a free race pack for TWWH1 and based on some of the devs hints and comments on r/totalwar it is 97% sure going to be a revamped norsca with LL's like wulfric the wanderer and stuff like chaos war mammoths and stuff

We will find out soon enough becuase the gameplay of the faction is to be shown on the dev stream on the 19th so the reveal trailer might be on the 17th possibly

TenTonHammer

Post#14 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:02 pm

So here is the roster for DE: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/dark-elf-army-roster/

Off the top it seems that the units that the DE are missing are:

Supreme Sorceress

Black Ark Fleetmaster

High Beastmaster

Manticore Mount

Doomfire Warlocks

Scourgerunner chariot

Sisters of Slaughter

Kharibdyss

Bloodwrack Medusa

Bloodwrack Shrine

What i really like was the special racial attribute; Murderous prowess, after a certian amount of units have died, irregardless of yours or the enemy the DE will gain a 60s buff to their offensive stats which will allow you to do some very DE things such as send disposeable units to theri deaths to trigger the buff, additionally the buff scales with battle difficulty so if you outnumber your forces its harder to gain while easier if you have less units and some units like WE will have the buff longer