Recent Topics

Ads

Need a new BBQ

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
faisalamjad

Re: Need a new BBQ

Post#11 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:53 am

Roundabout grilling with a gas grill is somewhat easier than charcoal, so we will examine that first. In the event that you have a 2 burner gas grill, turn one side off and leave the other one on. On the off chance that you are working with a 3-4 burner unit, turn the outside burners on, leaving the middle as your cooking region.

Ads
Aberation

Post#12 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:16 pm

RECTEQ pellet grill you will never be sorry, awesome grill quality and support unmatched

Valarion

Post#13 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:24 pm

Wuhh wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:02 pm 1x55 gallon drum (cleaned)
cut in half - 2 grills
Some kind of mount - if you are handy with a mig welder
stain less steel Expo-met for the grills

Gas for me is a cop-out - cook with fire! from wood and charcoal!

This is absolutely the best approach imo. If you are not a handy DIY person or lazy like me, you can buy these open drum grills everywhere now.

As op said, do not use gas and do not use those chemical charcoal brickets either. Use natural wood charcoal. Buy it if you have to, but any hard wood will do. I have large amounts of wood in my backyard like walnut, ash and hickory so I dont even need to buy fuel anymore. Dont use pine. The best part about this: no more stupid trips to fill up gas either.

I guarantee you that this is the correct path to the best tasting food. The taste is better than gas. It tastes like campfire food, because it is campfire food.

The only negative to wood/natural charcoal grills is that they can take a good 30-60 minutes minimum to burn down the wood cold enough to cook food on. Also, if you arent surrounded by wood, you will have to buy the wood/charcoal.
Last edited by Valarion on Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

stealthc98

Post#14 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:38 pm

I recently bought a Masterbuilt 560, and it's amazing. At around 500 bucks you get searing, smoking, automatic temperature control, and a chut that gravity feeds the charcoal to the pit.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#15 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:55 pm

Simple process to make charcoal. No tools needed.

Click here to watch on YouTube
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Valarion

Post#16 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:27 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:55 pm Simple process to make charcoal. No tools needed.

Click here to watch on YouTube

Absolutely fantastic video, although I dont think this is HOA approved in the State of VA.

I am not certain what part I like the best, running around in bare feet, smashing rocks on logs to make wood or............. Monkeys, yes definitely the strange monkey sounds in the background.

Dear community, please do not take this as an instructional video. We have chainsaws, matches and shoes now.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted