Recent Topics

Ads

@Brits

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
bloodi
Suspended

Re: @Brits

Post#31 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:07 pm

Well they usually say the South Americans are the experts of voting against their own interests but the UK tries to steal even that from them.

They gave a lesson to us all by shooting themselves in the foot, lets learn from that shall we?

Ads
Zanilos

Post#32 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:24 pm

bloodi wrote:Well they usually say the South Americans are the experts of voting against their own interests but the UK tries to steal even that from them.

They gave a lesson to us all by shooting themselves in the foot, lets learn from that shall we?

Can you stop being reasonable on the forums please. The last few days I find my self agreeing with you and I find that disturbing.

vove

Post#33 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:01 pm

I think it was really bad decision for UK and I really feel sorry for all the young people who voted yes as they will be influenced the most by that result.

From what I've seen Brexit supporters had two main complaints: immigrants in their country and EU leeching money from UK. I think none of those problems will be solved by leaving EU. The money EU was "leeching" will be lost anyways as investors will run away from UK taking the money with them. As for immigrants they have never been a problem to be honest, it's just racism and judging millions of people by actions of few.

It also pains me to see that instead of global ideology and urging to crush all the borders to form one planet Earth instead of something around 300 countries we divide our societies even more running away from the idea of cooperating with the rest. I don't think that's the way to go, tradition and culture don't exist anymore anyways, not in the same meaning they had 1000 years ago (reason given on many occasions).

It was a good chance to make a lot of money fast though and that was the only bright side of Brexit.

Also makes you wonder if democracy works as it should be, 51% vs 49% isn't a deciding call in my opinion, especially on a matter of such significance.

Joan

Post#34 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:03 pm

Well...
What can I say? Sad to see the UK leaving the Union. One is never better off alone, and moreso within this dark period of time we're living in. From my point of view, UK departure from the EU will solve nothing (for the UK or the EU), neither in the short-term or the long term. Should've stayed in the EU imho.

I strongly believe that unity is the way to go, we won't be as strong divided. But hey, on the bright side, we may retake Gibraltar after all :D :D
Last edited by Joan on Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krumlok, Black Orc Boss of da Deathskull Tribe:
"Some day, all Choppas become savaj boyz." - Krumlok 2015

Krumlok's Visual Guide to Dyes -Custom Dyes Preview UP-

bloodi
Suspended

Post#35 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:06 pm

vove wrote:Also makes you wonder if democracy works as it should be, 51% vs 49% isn't a deciding call in my opinion, especially on a matter of such significance.
The fact that the let such an important matter be decided by a half + 1 vote referendum is not democracy fault.

You could argue about old people voting for a future they probably will not take part in but if some idiots are deciding such important matters on half + 1 instead of a supermajority its not democracy fault.

vove

Post#36 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:11 pm

bloodi wrote:
vove wrote:Also makes you wonder if democracy works as it should be, 51% vs 49% isn't a deciding call in my opinion, especially on a matter of such significance.
The fact that the let such an important matter be decided by a half + 1 vote referendum is not democracy fault.

You could argue about old people voting for a future they probably will not take part in but if some idiots are deciding such important matters on half + 1 instead of a supermajority its not democracy fault.
You are absolutely right. In Gibraltar for example 96% of citizens who voted, voted to stay in EU. Now it's really unfair to force a decision on them as it basically was outvoted, as you say, half+1.

Chaos is coming. By regions only England and Wales voted for the exit (and in Wales it was almost 50/50). I am afraid there will be further separation but this time inside the UK, Scotland might really leave this time, for Gibraltar leaving EU is the worst possible outcome. Don't know what Northern Ireland thinks on that topic but people from Northern Ireland I know are really against the Crown, I wouldn't say they are representative group though ;)

Sad times for UK, sad times for Europe. As Joan I also believe that strength is in the unity, we should already know that from such long history.

Jaycub

Post#37 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:24 pm

vove wrote:
bloodi wrote:

You are absolutely right. In Gibraltar for example 96% of citizens who voted, voted to stay in EU. Now it's really unfair to force a decision on them as it basically was outvoted, as you say, half+1.

Chaos is coming. By regions only England and Wales voted for the exit (and in Wales it was almost 50/50). I am afraid there will be further separation but this time inside the UK, Scotland might really leave this time, for Gibraltar leaving EU is the worst possible outcome. Don't know what Northern Ireland thinks on that topic but people from Northern Ireland I know are really against the Crown, I wouldn't say they are representative group though ;)

Sad times for UK, sad times for Europe. As Joan I also believe that strength is in the unity, we should already know that from such long history.
It's ironic that people voted leave for the exact same reason as stated in your Gibraltar example. People don't want a foreign entity (the EU) forcing laws and regulations down their throats. And hell, they don't even get to vote on anything the EU decides at all.

I guess it all comes down to how it plays out over the next year or two, trump getting elected would obviously be a huge boon to the UK, and how hard merkel decides to slam down on the UK as well. And all it would take is another sugar daddy country like France to aidEU and it would all come crumbling down.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

greenstoned

Post#38 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:32 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: It's all scaremongering and talk. It would be very silly of the US not to trade with the financial centre of the world (London) and one of the biggest economies - not forgetting their most trustworthy ally.
u mean canada? :p
AM - Greendreams
SW - Experiment

Ads
bloodi
Suspended

Post#39 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:42 pm

peterthepan3

Post#40 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:47 pm

Love me some Boris. Even funnier irl.