Recent Topics

Ads

Warhammer Total War

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Kharnamatic

Warhammer Total War

Post#1 » Mon May 23, 2016 11:27 pm

Warhammer Total War biatches, get your game on

:(

Ads
Dabbart

Re: Warhammer Total War

Post#2 » Mon May 23, 2016 11:39 pm

Nice:P

I preloaded a couple days ago... Pity I have to work tomorrow.. And like ever again...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

TenTonHammer

Post#3 » Tue May 24, 2016 12:22 am

The chaos dlc shennagins stopped from getting behind this game

So I waited for reviews most of which say that multiplayer is barebones so I'm paying $60 for essentially the grand campagin

That's not value in my eyes espically when I'm a warhammer fan first and total war fan not at all

Combine that with the fact that I only have $27 and steam escrow shits slowing me down from making money on top of this being a 3 part series? I'm going to hold offif all I'm getting this is for the campaigns and skirmish, espically campagin that dosnt even have you conquer the whole world as chaos
(seriously how can you make the long war victory of chaos only for destroying emp, dwarfs and bretonia and not orks as well?)

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#4 » Tue May 24, 2016 1:02 am

Yeah, I got it preloaded. I like the Total War series as a whole, though, even with all the DLC shenanigans and the buggy releases of every game since Rome I (except Attila, which was oddly bug-free at release). I would gladly play a different company's version of the same game, but they either do not exist at all, or suck hard (like Warhammer: Mark of Chaos.)

I think Total War fans sometimes expect too much out of the game series. I read some "criticisms" online, and it really feels like they want a game with the strategic depth of Diplomacy, the tactical complexity of a high-level boxing match, the balance of a Chess game played between two grand masters, and the historical depth/accuracy of at least three-and-a-half Ph.D dissertations; all bundled in with the latest in high-tech 4k graphics, and AI with the mind/skills of an 8k MMR DOTA player.

So when they get a typical Total War game instead, which are still pretty good games IMO (with lots of legit criticism to be levelled at them, and the business practices of the companies involved, mind you), their massive set of expectations leads them to decry the games as way worse than they truly are.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Shutyergob

Post#5 » Tue May 24, 2016 1:37 am

TenTonHammer wrote:The chaos dlc shennagins stopped from getting behind this game

So I waited for reviews most of which say that multiplayer is barebones so I'm paying $60 for essentially the grand campagin

That's not value in my eyes espically when I'm a warhammer fan first and total war fan not at all

Combine that with the fact that I only have $27 and steam escrow shits slowing me down from making money on top of this being a 3 part series? I'm going to hold offif all I'm getting this is for the campaigns and skirmish, espically campagin that dosnt even have you conquer the whole world as chaos
(seriously how can you make the long war victory of chaos only for destroying emp, dwarfs and bretonia and not orks as well?)
It isn't value no but it is WAAAAGGHHHH!!!

iScuZZ

Post#6 » Tue May 24, 2016 3:09 am

TenTonHammer wrote:The chaos dlc shennagins stopped from getting behind this game

They have mod support and they have already developed official mods that let you capture any city with any faction which will be available as soon at the game releases.
IGN: Scuzz, Skuzz

Dabbart

Post#7 » Tue May 24, 2016 4:08 am

http://itsalmo.st/#timetowaaagh

Less than 3 hrs till Total WAR!
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Glorian

Post#8 » Tue May 24, 2016 5:13 am

I'm also sitting here with my disc and try to install since yesterday. :D

Ads
Joan

Post#9 » Tue May 24, 2016 5:18 am

Sharpen ya choppaz boyz! It'z almost time ta WAAAGH!
Me disk hasn't arrived yet
Krumlok, Black Orc Boss of da Deathskull Tribe:
"Some day, all Choppas become savaj boyz." - Krumlok 2015

Krumlok's Visual Guide to Dyes -Custom Dyes Preview UP-

Kharnamatic

Post#10 » Tue May 24, 2016 7:03 am

Get ready to rumble - game just unlocked, but I'm installing from disk :(

EDIT: tbh I'm a little disappointed by the graphics
Last edited by Kharnamatic on Tue May 24, 2016 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.