Recent Topics

Ads

Warhammer Total War

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Glorian

Re: Warhammer Total War

Post#11 » Tue May 24, 2016 8:36 am

Kharnamatic wrote:Get ready to rumble - game just unlocked, but I'm installing from disk :(
Me too, but after installing from disk he tells me I need to download 4 GB more!

Krutt! If I knew that I would have loaded it all over night.
47 minutes and counting.....

Ads
Kharnamatic

Post#12 » Tue May 24, 2016 10:41 am

First screenshots. Btw didn't realize Bretonnia was in the game.

Dabbart

Post#13 » Wed May 25, 2016 3:37 am

Yea this games pretty sweet.

Very easy to get into. Albeit I was a Rome fanatic, but everything is simple to figure out, and the tool-tips are actually helpful!

VC campaign underway, started out on Hard, and the AI was frighteningly easy. Started to know doubts, then an Orc army pushed into my province, spawned a WAAAGH! and proceeded to kick the **** out of me... Few turns later, orcs are defeated Dwarves trading partners and well on the way to Allies, orcs are being pushed, and Oh Hay! The Empire just invaded...

I am impressed with the campaign AI overall. I got caught in a few move's where I thought I was going to dominate, only to find that the clever bastard actually led me into a trap... Battle AI is hard to tell atm, since I am only a couple steps above basic troops...

Best review I can give is this. Got home from work, showered turned on TW:W, next thing I know 5 hours has past and I am really, really hungry...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Zanilos

Post#14 » Wed May 25, 2016 7:22 am

Dabbart wrote:Yea this games pretty sweet.

Very easy to get into. Albeit I was a Rome fanatic, but everything is simple to figure out, and the tool-tips are actually helpful!

VC campaign underway, started out on Hard, and the AI was frighteningly easy. Started to know doubts, then an Orc army pushed into my province, spawned a WAAAGH! and proceeded to kick the **** out of me... Few turns later, orcs are defeated Dwarves trading partners and well on the way to Allies, orcs are being pushed, and Oh Hay! The Empire just invaded...

I am impressed with the campaign AI overall. I got caught in a few move's where I thought I was going to dominate, only to find that the clever bastard actually led me into a trap... Battle AI is hard to tell atm, since I am only a couple steps above basic troops...

Best review I can give is this. Got home from work, showered turned on TW:W, next thing I know 5 hours has past and I am really, really hungry...
But have you seen chaos yet ;)

Glorian

Post#15 » Wed May 25, 2016 8:23 am

A double Orc Waagh Warband Kicked me dwarfs back from the southest province to Iron Rock.
Only with an suicide attack I managed to lure them into attacking one of my stacks of basic troops.

20 turns of cat and mouse, one half dead stack left, and the advisor told me that the chaos incursion just started. :| :D

Also I have just discovered that there a special buildings in each province which have a total realm benefit.
And I'm going nuts on the restricted building space. :?

Afterlife92

Post#16 » Wed May 25, 2016 8:30 am

Archaon is in the game so dope to bad I have crap pc can't play this sick game.
Bakir

Welch - DoK / Welchz - WP
Paperboy - RP (R.I.P) / Meekz - Zealot
Welchs - AM / Littlez - Shaman
Kriksos - Mara / Skengman - Engi

Firendil

Post#17 » Wed May 25, 2016 2:24 pm

i might have missed something but wernt we supposed to get the choas race with preorder and first week buy?

EDIT: NM i found the reason, you have to download it from Steam separatly from the game
Firendil, Sword Master
Firen, Slayer
Cassandre, Warrior Priest
Alienore, Shadow Warrior

Survivant de Millenium Old School

TenTonHammer

Post#18 » Wed May 25, 2016 3:03 pm

Afterlife92 wrote:Archaon is in the game so dope to bad I have crap pc can't play this sick game.

yeah but WTF did they do to his helmet? its texture/model looks so **** up and completely clashes with the rest of his armor palate?

It looks like his helmet has all their weird scribbled **** on it but such a thing is not at all on any of the offical art for Archaon

Ads
Dabbart

Post#19 » Wed May 25, 2016 8:51 pm

Yea, Archaon's Helm is jacked. But meh, they took creative license, and I wanted the oldschool:P

Yea, I played a skirmish with Chaos, holy crap are they powerful. Wanted to learn the game system/battles/etc before I tried a Horde faction.

Yea, each race's buildings are entirely different! The Tech tree's are currently my annoyance though. I can see the system(obviously), but on my first couple play throughs with each race, it's gonna be a crap shoot. Should I try and upgrade my troops? I dunno, how long till I can upgrade to make them obsolete? What's more important; growth, cash, public order? For vamps it's growth. I didn't figure that early.

And some random things that you just gotta figure out yourself. Like vamps take damage when not in a zone with Vampiric Inlfuence, unless they are in a raiding stance. This would of been helpful to know in the first 20 odd turns of my campaign.

Lots of fun. Thinking about starting an Orc campaign just to figure them out a bit. My vamps keep getting their hip bones handed to them...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Kharnamatic

Post#20 » Wed May 25, 2016 8:52 pm

Remember these familiar faces? Well, here's a homage I made to them/Warhammer Online in Warhammer Total War.

Getting the band back together.

Sons of Sigmar 2008-2013, now reunited 2016- in Warhammer Total War and Return of Reckoning.

Or why they should make a Ghostbusters movie about these guys instead of the reboot that's getting widely mocked on the internet.

And/or have these guys sort out all those zombies we see on TV.

-------------

Finally, we're here after driving all this way. Empire Ghostbusters here, I hear you're having an undead problem.

Yes as you can see, we're having a bit of a skeleton outbreak atm.

Hmmm, these are only the symptoms. Let me look around...

Ah, yes. Here's your problem. A vampire lord is raising up the dead in your backyard.

Let me just give it a good whack with my hammer here. Bright Wizard: eep, I got hit.

And rekt. Another callout handled swiftly by the Ghostbusters. Wait, where's the bright wizard?

Didn't I see him get thrown back by the vampire count? Oh bright wizard, where are you? Are you okay.

Guys, I'm fine. Everyone in the group chortles, goes off to Bugman's bar to celebrate. Roll Ghostbusters end credits.

Btw who still has these tankards?