Recent Topics

Ads

Mouse Suggestions

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Twyxx

Mouse Suggestions

Post#1 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:21 am

I've never gamed using a mouse (I've always played on a laptop using that fancy touchpad) and am considering buying one.
Any suggestions that aren't too expensive or too nerdy to use?

Ads
Dabbart

Re: Mouse Suggestions

Post#2 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:12 am

I like and use Logitech(mouse and keyboard). Hardy, comfortable, well designed. I got a fairly good discount on mine at a local shop($55 for the pair). I went pretty standard, 4 buttons and wheel, so I can macro 10(EDIT: bad math) keys to it simply enough.

Best advice though? Buy it in person. See how it feels, very few things worse than The Claw that is your hand after an uncomfortable few hours with a bad mouse... Most places will give a pretty good return policy on mouse and keyboards.
Last edited by Dabbart on Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Lindisfarne

Post#3 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:16 am

used logitech for a long time, g5's. then switched to roccat to try it out. I like roccat and it lasted me a long time, but not sure if ide recommend it over Logitech
free typi
Lindisfarne Massacre--Northernrage--Pagans Mind--Dio

SpacestarKid

Post#4 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:25 am

ASUS GX950, good size, adjustable weight.
http://www.asus.com/uk/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/GX950/
Shogun, Zama, Mashka, Antifreeze, Alcotester

Gachimuchi

Post#5 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:30 am

I used to play FPS competitivley for a couple years so this was always a topic of discussion.

Logitech G series mouses, the Intellimouse explorer from microsoft(2.0 or 3.0), and all of SteelSeries mice I've all heard are pretty good. If you want a big mousepad too QcK+ is good and many people swear by it, but since this is a MMO a good consistent surface for tracking stuff with your mouse is kind of beside the point.

Personally I use a razer deathadder because of the ergonomics. Razer also has a good RMA policy, most(maybe all) mouses they sell have 2 year warranty. My current deathadder(third one) I've had for over a year and the last 3 months or so has been giving me issues because there is probably dust inside of it and it causes a double-clicking issue. Been meaning to get it sent back (they sent me an RMA number within a few days of asking about it) but I need a spare mouse in the meantime. That said, razer products are usually on the more expensive side, but they look cool.
Zuuka - Okayzoomer - and many others
Khandikhaine/Ligmuh/Egf - Meatcircle - Ukruton - and many others
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

Toldavf

Post#6 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:46 am

Depends on what you're willing to shell out for it.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

magter3001

Post#7 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:02 am

Been looking at mouses myself the past 2 weeks... gonna keep an eye on this thread for sure.
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)

Desidus

Post#8 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:40 am

I'd recommend Steel series only for FPS games. No additional mouse buttons makes the MMO gamer in my cringe. But there really is nothing better for FPS's.

Currently I'm using a Logitech mouse (Can't quite remember the model as I'm at work) and haven't had any issues - with close to 22 buttons available I don't have to worry about keybinding too much stuff away from WASD.

Ads
Bretin

Post#9 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:57 am

probably the best mouse in terms of control is the Razer Deathadder Chroma. it is fcking insane how good it is for any game type.

if you want a mouse with some extra keys i can recommend both the Razer Naga or ROCCAT Nyth. Though i'd give the edge to the Nyth. You can swap every single button depending on your hand size and personal preference.

atm i have both a deathadder chroma and a nyth. most of the time i use the deathadder for both WAR and FPS games on a competitive level.

kkprfx

Post#10 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:35 am

i'd recommend Razer Naga for mmos.
it's quite small and will prolly take some time to get used to it,but its worth it.
Gabber