Recent Topics

Ads

[SUGGESTION] Magus/Engi Changes for the interim...

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
peterthepan3

[SUGGESTION] Magus/Engi Changes for the interim...

Post#1 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:43 pm

Havoc/Rifleman:

* Make Bolt of Change/Snipe ALWAYS crit, reduced CD, and have an armor ignore/resist ignore component. These abilities are supposed to be the Magi/Engi's hardest hitters, and have a pretty long CD - they should always crit and deal big numbers, which would warrant using them more often.
* Snipe should have some armor ignore component, in my honest opinion. If you see an engi standing still for 3 seconds looking your way, it should be an 'ohshi-' moment.
* Give firestorm/engi equivalent more damage or a sideeffect, e.g. increases cast times for all enemies inside.

Changing:
* IFOC and SOC swap positions, allowing more versatility and - at least, temporarily - burst DPS options for the class; dissuading us all from going riftbot is always a good thing!

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: [SUGGESTION] Magus/Engi Changes for the interim...

Post#2 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:16 pm

BUMP as per Aza's suggestions to make it short and sweet!

Tesq

Post#3 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:17 pm

ingnore something is always a bad idea, fest arrow 9k crit damage from live prove it.

it would be better give some damage increase stuff as magus have to engi and change the aoe damage skill of engi from physic to corporal damage.

I feel fine on my magus. The chance to totally shut down enemy spir resistence, increase damage they recive from all source 15%, do 15% more damage when under 45 feet and a +20% damage when near pet make it awsome (total of base 50% damage more): With out count the +15% cri chance tactic.

Coryphaus

Post#4 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:53 pm

Fester bomb is because it Ignores all resists along with the crit chance coming from shifting stances and popping VoN while the projectile is airborne

If engie got a tactic at 37-39 that allowed them to partially a % of the target armor with path of the rifleman abilities then that would be good

peterthepan3

Post#5 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:56 pm

Would appreciate feedback from people who play the magus/engi extensively and empathise with me when I talk about the predicament we face when in competitive PvP, i.e. anything outside of zerg vs zerg.

If you feel fine doing the job a Chosen can do, and being reliant on a pet for a buff that is impossible to maintain - all the while doing mediocre and slow damage when compared to other classes - then that's nice.

15% 45FT is only for rift magi/duelists. It doesn't serve a use otherwise.

No offence, Tesq, but your posts always tend to be meh.

bloodi
Suspended

Post#6 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:02 pm

Coryphaus wrote:Fester bomb is because it Ignores all resists
Except it doesnt.

To be exact, is because its corporeal, something Bws, engies and Kobts will debuff and even without debuff the max resistance is a bit over 40%

Now add unshakable focus, vengeance and so on, and you get an almost guaranteed crit on a probably debuffed target.

Snipe has unshakable focus but doesnt have vengeance of nagarythe plus is vs armor, even if spine ignored half armor it would still have to go againt more defenses than Fester ever does.

The only upside of Snipe is being undefendable, this is the same idiocy that happens with 2handers, they get 10% strikethroughh vs shields, great, no dps should be attacking a shield anway.

Undefendable is a terrible upside, literally every other single from disorients to armor debuffs pasing for snares would be better.

Morf

Post#7 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:18 pm

bloodi wrote:
Coryphaus wrote:Fester bomb is because it Ignores all resists
Except it doesnt.
Except it does as 99% of sw's run with EA tactic.

As for changes to magus/engi...im sure nearly all the player base here can agree with increasing the stagger duration to 5 or 6 secs and would also likely agree single target burst is the other problem ? so, 2nd suggestion would be to change hollow points and changers blessing tactics, hollow points to ignore 50% armor with snipe(and gunblast ?) and changers blessing to ignore 50% resists with bolt of change (and flickering red fire ?). Lastly reduce cooldown timer on snipe and bolt of change to 5 secs, there is no common sense to give sw's a 5 sec cooldown on fester arrow and have snipe/ bolt of change on a 10 sec cooldown.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

peterthepan3

Post#8 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:29 pm

^ Sounds good. I'd also suggest BOC/Snipe having a high chance to crit, and to move IFOC to SOC - then I think we'd be on a good start. Won't fix the fundamental flaws with the class, but will be a good start.

Ads
Coryphaus

Post#9 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:43 pm

Im down for morfs suggestions

HOWEVER

I dont know if it should be tied to Hollow/changers simply because 50% ignore tied to an 8 point tactic might be devastating to lower tier balance with how hard they could hit

Tesq

Post#10 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:46 pm

i have a magus and i find it fine, since it does good damage but it's still not cap yet, which i can't see his full potential yet so my feedback is for me magus is fine atm can debuff all his st/aoe damage, have fast st focus and also have things that increase damage....exept the stag remove skill that is totaly usless and make stag badder that what i suppose to be.
The fact that i have only chosen in my signature does not mean i only play chosen, indeed most of times i play other classes.
Last edited by Tesq on Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.