Recent Topics

Ads

[SUGGESTION] Magus/Engi Changes for the interim...

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
dave2278

Re: [SUGGESTION] Magus/Engi Changes for the interim...

Post#61 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:15 am

I would suggest a buff to Napalm Grenade by adding a Slow that ramps up from 20% at level 1, 35% at lvl 2, and 50% at lvl 3.
And a Incoming heal debuff for a Magus Dissolving mist.

Ads
Renork

Post#62 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:24 am

dave2278 wrote:I would suggest a buff to Napalm Grenade by adding a Slow that ramps up from 20% at level 1, 35% at lvl 2, and 50% at lvl 3.
And a Incoming heal debuff for a Magus Dissolving mist.

Don't forget laser beams that 1 shot everything.

Coryphaus

Post#63 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:27 am

Ordo/engie has more than enough cc that I don't think they need another

And as hilarious and interesting as an AoE hdbuff would be, I don't think that's what magus needs either

I do however think that magus suffers from a distinct lack of lazors

dave2278

Post#64 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:38 am

Is the Morale 4 Demonlogy demon working if so we can add lazor on them

SilverWF
Suspended

Post#65 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:32 am

Renork wrote:
SilverWF wrote:You all are asking for too much changes and I really doubt our admins will be able to do that in the reasonable time

I suggest of increasing range of some skills from 65 to 80 feets and this will be easy to do and this will be really good changes.
And also it will add more mobility.

Anything else, I'm afraid, will make too much IMBA from them.

Do not forget also, that Engi has really not bad 3rd tree with aoe healing keg and he also has M2.
Renork wrote:Do not do anything else to the class until cap is raised to 40. If playing correctly, 5s stagger is an excellent tool as of right now.
Hope, you meant root, because stagger (demon / mine) has 3 sec time

Do you realize that in majority of your posts/threads you attempt to correct others, when in fact, YOU are usually wrong? How do you even survive in the real world? Let me help you,

- The duration of Daemonic Infestation's stagger has been increased from 3 seconds to 5 seconds.

Your tooltip says 3 seconds, but if you r-e-a-d the notes, then you would know it's 5 seconds.

And I do not agree with increasing the range. If you want to play a long range caster, then play a sorcerer or slot daemonic reach. Most TRUE magi players will know that the flaw with the class isn't the range. The "lol look at me I play a magus on ROR and hit the 32rr40 cap" players have no idea how the class functions once you hit 40.

if you stand on a purple mist, you deserve to die.
Ok, I forgot about last changes made several days ago at this custom server, while I remember about something, that was for years at live
Where else I'm "usually" wrong?
"True" maguses and engis - let me guess - it is you? :D

Icreased range of 2nd tree will helm them fight not only against melee (melee problems, remeber?) but also against range classes. bcs while you get in range of your skills you will be already debuffed and prepared to be fried.

And a tactic must be stay too, so 80ft in base and 100ft with tactic.
Bretin: "destru classes are in general better for solo play" :lol:
A lot of addons here | Just a few T3 vids from live game | Remove IP-blocking at forum!

Tesq

Post#66 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:30 am

increase the range of the changing path would not let magus be more killy, but playing more safty, which is something he shouldn't as he dont have any tradeoff for his meccanic, where bw/sorc get a backslash he don't. Magus engi need to be player more front line than a BW/sorc. You either want to make them more heavy hitter or buff their armor buff in this regard so that when they make their build you can either balance the two needs.
Renork wrote:Do not do anything else to the class until cap is raised to 40. If playing correctly, 5s stagger is an excellent tool as of right now.
i agree to do nothing until the cap is 40 but nothing avoid ppl to discuss things.

peterthepan3

Post#67 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:58 am

dave2278 wrote:Is the Morale 4 Demonlogy demon working if so we can add lazor on them
Tested it with Megladonis , it doesn't work :/ Mist can actually hit hard, so the damage is okay.

SilverWF
Suspended

Post#68 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:05 am

That's what I'm talking about: damage is OK both for Magus and Engi
The only bad thing is low range of 2nd tree
Bretin: "destru classes are in general better for solo play" :lol:
A lot of addons here | Just a few T3 vids from live game | Remove IP-blocking at forum!

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#69 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:23 pm

Range is perfect... the issue is cleanse/long dot durations/no role.

Tesq

Post#70 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:46 pm

range is fine cos it's the trade off for the damage you can put, which is not for bw since have a backslash meccanic.
The mess thing is the pet range damage buff and some CD/Ap cost, or how things are handle by server.
For exempe rend winds seems have 3x chance to be disrupt atm like the server count 3x tiems the chance and then apply it to every tick. Which have no sense due the fact thet they are 3 different tick and so mean different chance to be defend against and crit. It have no sense have 3 tick if those have all the same chance to be defend against or even worst x3.