Recent Topics

Ads

Chop Fasta Rework suggestion.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
cacumen

Chop Fasta Rework suggestion.

Post#1 » Wed May 08, 2024 3:07 am

After playing around with the new changes that Black Orc got and listening to other BO players out there, I can tell that the latest changes have been off-putting to most of us. It feels like the changes doesn’t fit with the BO playstyle, like it’s not intended to work in synergy with other abilities, tactics and team work.

I’m talking about ‘Chop Fasta’ on Path of Da’ Brawler as a 13 point ability. The increase in auto attack speed was never needed on the Black Orc, it doesn’t add up to other qualities of the career. It seems there is a lack of a common ground of what the 'Path of Da'Brawler' role of the Black Orc should be as a ‘Dps / group support’ spec.

So, my suggestion is, if Devs don’t want to bring back ‘You wot?’ as it was before the latest changes, is to rework ‘Chop Fasta’ and make it have sense in the Black Orc arsenal of abilities.

I suggest these possible options to work around and see if there’s a way to make it so it has synergy with what the Black Orc is:

1) Start with changing the name, 'Chop Fasta’, it doesn’t make sense with the Black Orc. Lorewise it’s a Choppa ability, not a tank one.

2) Replace ‘Chop Fasta’ for these next options:

<Defensive/ Group Buff AoE options>

‘We’z stronger’: An encouragement shout that causes group members within 50 feet to have their Melee Power increased by X amount for 15 seconds. Also giving yourself an increase in size that activates a protective shield that absorbs up to 800 damage over 15 seconds. Costs 50 AP. Instant. 30s cooldown.

‘We’z killin’ betta’: An encouragement shout that inspires all group members within 50 feet, causing groupmate’s attacks to do an additional 100 damage for 10 seconds. Also giving yourself an increase in size that activates a protective shield that absorbs up to 800 damage over 15 seconds. Costs 50 AP. Instant. 30s cooldown.

<Offensive AoE options>

'Yer all gettin' it now'!: (Channeled) For the next 4 seconds you strike out all enemies 25 feet in front of you, inflicting X damage every second. Costs 40 AP. 10s cooldown.

‘Yer all weaklins now’: You smash your weapon into the ground dealing X damage to all targets 25 feet of you and reducing their armor by 500 for 10 seconds. 35AP. Instant. 15s cooldown.

‘Yer all gettin' tired now’: You swing your weapon dealing X damage to all targets 25 feet of you and removing 50 Action Points. Costs 50 AP. Instant. 10s cooldown.

‘Breakin’ da line’!: Channeled. Increases your movement speed by 30% for the next 4 seconds as you plow through any enemies who dare to stand in your way, knocking them back slightly. Inflicting X damage every 2 seconds to up to 3 enemies in front of you 10 feet away. 80 AP. 30s cooldown.

<Offensive Single Target options>

‘Right in da liver!’: You smash your weapon into your target body dealing X damage and increasing their chance to be critically hit by 5% for 10 seconds. If you are behind your target, it will make them bleed for 10 seconds X damage.

‘Right in da’ face!’: You smash your weapon into your target face dealing X damage. Also, increasing your chance to critically hit by 10% for 10 seconds. If you are behind your target, it makes them bleed X damage for 10 seconds. Costs 35 AP. Instant. 10s cooldown.

Personally, I would prefer to have one of the Defensive / Group Buff options or ‘Yer all getting’ it now!’ or 'Breakin' da' line!'.
If you noticed, I didn't mention Plans, up for devs to figure it out in case you think these ideas are worth implementing.

Please feel free to comment and add up ideas and opinions about the subject.

Ads
Ysaran

Re: Chop Fasta Rework suggestion.

Post#2 » Wed May 08, 2024 6:23 am

I'm not an expert BO, mine is only rr56. I started playing BO, for some kind of divine joke, exactly the day of the pacth. So I enjoyed the might of You Wot?! for the egregious time of two hour before losing it. My BO was parked in my account for year so I had no attachement for the skill.

So, unpopular opinion. I like Chop Fasta! The damage is massive. It scales very nicely with both Damage Bonus (DB) and Weapon Damage (WD), with a multiplier of 1.5 for both. It is higher than most dps skills. I have 400 strenght and my Chop Fasta! have a base damage of 450. That's no joke damage. The Auto Attack haste is also very nice.

But this doesn't mean that Chop Fasta! is an appropriate substitute fo You Wot?!. You Wot?! just did too many things. Chop Fasta! compensates for the damage loss but not for the defensive one. Now, giving BO a replacement of You Wot?! that gives him both damaging and defensive bonus is out of question. Just give back YW at that point, right? so this leaves out two possibilities.

1) BO defensive capabilities are fine as they are now. BO doesn't need a defensive skill to compensate for YW

2) BO defensive capabilities are not fine as they are now, BO do need a new defensive skill on top of Chop Fasta!

I still don't have an opinion on wich is the right option, I played BO for five days now. Tough, so far I felt tanky enough, but I played only small scale roam and party sc.

Either way, I think that the options proposed in the OP are inadequate. BO already have a quite strong absorb, another one would be overpawered. Moreover, a defensive ability in the 2H dps tree is just out of place.

Same goes for the AoE options. The tree is ST damage and BO already have a very strong AoE skill (Da Big 'un). Speed buff would be overpowered, tanks shouldn't have gap closer (I'm looking at you SM, though I can understand with the goblins speed tactic and what not...). Channeled skill are in a bad place now, so that's also out of question. AoE AP drain would be cool... but not in Brawling, maybe as a substitute to WAAAAGH! in the third tree. AoE armor debuff also doesn't fit with the Brawling tree identity imho.

The ST options are not really better than Chop Fasta. My AA damage is massive. 50% bonus AA speed is, overall, better than a flat 10% damage bonus.

After playing BO for five days mi impression is that all the mastery skills are in the wrong place. Why is KD in the third tree? Why is CD increaser in the second tree? Why is Arm Breaka not core? That skill suck, 6 mastery point for it is criminal. Same for WAAAAGH! 13 pt are way to much.

Here my solution as, basicly, an outsider to BO. Revert Arm Breaka change and make it core. Move Chop Fasta! to 5pt Brwaling. Move KD to 9pt Brawling. Move T'ree Hit Combo to 13pt Brawling. Give BO a nice defensive option at 9pt third tree, in the place vacated by KD.

P.S. I realize that my solution is not really doeable. You would have to mirror some changes on SM and that makes it all another can of worms. Still, moving Arm Breaka core and giving a new skill in Brawling tree seems the easier way to me.
Zputadenti

Zhentarim

Post#3 » Wed May 08, 2024 7:14 am

I haven't tried the new chop fasta yet but the thing I appreciated with the old U WOT!? was of course the growth making you feel mightier than everyone else and the 15% dodge/disrupt that added some sort of defence against ranged to not completely smoke you as a 2h blorc.

Ysaran

Post#4 » Wed May 08, 2024 8:17 am

Maybe move Arm Breaka core and give at 5pt Brawling as skill like "for the next 10s all defences are increased by 10%". A shatterble enchantment with 20s CD, no plan required.
Zputadenti

rady

Post#5 » Wed May 08, 2024 11:38 am

Ysaran wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 6:23 am I'm not an expert BO, mine is only rr56. I started playing BO, for some kind of divine joke, exactly the day of the pacth. So I enjoyed the might of You Wot?! for the egregious time of two hour before losing it. My BO was parked in my account for year so I had no attachement for the skill.

So, unpopular opinion. I like Chop Fasta! The damage is massive. It scales very nicely with both Damage Bonus (DB) and Weapon Damage (WD), with a multiplier of 1.5 for both. It is higher than most dps skills. I have 400 strenght and my Chop Fasta! have a base damage of 450. That's no joke damage. The Auto Attack haste is also very nice.

But this doesn't mean that Chop Fasta! is an appropriate substitute fo You Wot?!. You Wot?! just did too many things. Chop Fasta! compensates for the damage loss but not for the defensive one. Now, giving BO a replacement of You Wot?! that gives him both damaging and defensive bonus is out of question. Just give back YW at that point, right? so this leaves out two possibilities.

1) BO defensive capabilities are fine as they are now. BO doesn't need a defensive skill to compensate for YW

2) BO defensive capabilities are not fine as they are now, BO do need a new defensive skill on top of Chop Fasta!

I still don't have an opinion on wich is the right option, I played BO for five days now. Tough, so far I felt tanky enough, but I played only small scale roam and party sc.

Either way, I think that the options proposed in the OP are inadequate. BO already have a quite strong absorb, another one would be overpawered. Moreover, a defensive ability in the 2H dps tree is just out of place.

Same goes for the AoE options. The tree is ST damage and BO already have a very strong AoE skill (Da Big 'un). Speed buff would be overpowered, tanks shouldn't have gap closer (I'm looking at you SM, though I can understand with the goblins speed tactic and what not...). Channeled skill are in a bad place now, so that's also out of question. AoE AP drain would be cool... but not in Brawling, maybe as a substitute to WAAAAGH! in the third tree. AoE armor debuff also doesn't fit with the Brawling tree identity imho.

The ST options are not really better than Chop Fasta. My AA damage is massive. 50% bonus AA speed is, overall, better than a flat 10% damage bonus.

After playing BO for five days mi impression is that all the mastery skills are in the wrong place. Why is KD in the third tree? Why is CD increaser in the second tree? Why is Arm Breaka not core? That skill suck, 6 mastery point for it is criminal. Same for WAAAAGH! 13 pt are way to much.

Here my solution as, basicly, an outsider to BO. Revert Arm Breaka change and make it core. Move Chop Fasta! to 5pt Brwaling. Move KD to 9pt Brawling. Move T'ree Hit Combo to 13pt Brawling. Give BO a nice defensive option at 9pt third tree, in the place vacated by KD.

P.S. I realize that my solution is not really doeable. You would have to mirror some changes on SM and that makes it all another can of worms. Still, moving Arm Breaka core and giving a new skill in Brawling tree seems the easier way to me.
I understand that you might like new skill but...
2h BO lost his only defensive buff skill except for absorb in da boss tree. If you want to spec for chopp fasta, new parry tactic and knock down then you need 6pc warlord or sovereign.
Our most damaging skill is still propably three hit combo which is a channel so AA speed from chop fasta is wasted.
Ris - 85rr BO
Risx - 83rr SH

Ysaran

Post#6 » Wed May 08, 2024 1:50 pm

rady wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:38 am I understand that you might like new skill but...
2h BO lost his only defensive buff skill except for absorb in da boss tree. If you want to spec for chopp fasta, new parry tactic and knock down then you need 6pc warlord or sovereign.
Our most damaging skill is still propably three hit combo which is a channel so AA speed from chop fasta is wasted.
Yes, I understand. I thought a bit about it and also compared to some other tanks I played (IB, BG, Kotbs) and it feels like 2H BO lacks a way to increase significantly its defences. The new parry tactic is completly underwelming, both in position and values. Maybe T'ree Hit Combo is the most damaging skill for BO, but think about Chop Fasta! like this: you AA speed is 3.4s, while THC CD is 5s. So, while THC is on CD you hit your target with AA one time. With the 50% AA speed bonus from CF your AA speed becomes 2.3s, which means that while THC is on CD you manage 2 AA hit. I'm not saying that CH double the AA damage, but it makes is way more efficient in your rotation
Zputadenti

Moonbiter

Post#7 » Wed May 08, 2024 2:04 pm

cacumen wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:07 am After playing around with the new changes that Black Orc got and listening to other BO players out there, I can tell that the latest changes have been off-putting to most of us. It feels like the changes doesn’t fit with the BO playstyle, like it’s not intended to work in synergy with other abilities, tactics and team work.

I’m talking about ‘Chop Fasta’ on Path of Da’ Brawler as a 13 point ability. The increase in auto attack speed was never needed on the Black Orc, it doesn’t add up to other qualities of the career. It seems there is a lack of a common ground of what the 'Path of Da'Brawler' role of the Black Orc should be as a ‘Dps / group support’ spec.

So, my suggestion is, if Devs don’t want to bring back ‘You wot?’ as it was before the latest changes, is to rework ‘Chop Fasta’ and make it have sense in the Black Orc arsenal of abilities.

I suggest these possible options to work around and see if there’s a way to make it so it has synergy with what the Black Orc is:

1) Start with changing the name, 'Chop Fasta’, it doesn’t make sense with the Black Orc. Lorewise it’s a Choppa ability, not a tank one.

2) Replace ‘Chop Fasta’ for these next options:

<Defensive/ Group Buff AoE options>

‘We’z stronger’: An encouragement shout that causes group members within 50 feet to have their Melee Power increased by X amount for 15 seconds. Also giving yourself an increase in size that activates a protective shield that absorbs up to 800 damage over 15 seconds. Costs 50 AP. Instant. 30s cooldown.

‘We’z killin’ betta’: An encouragement shout that inspires all group members within 50 feet, causing groupmate’s attacks to do an additional 100 damage for 10 seconds. Also giving yourself an increase in size that activates a protective shield that absorbs up to 800 damage over 15 seconds. Costs 50 AP. Instant. 30s cooldown.

<Offensive AoE options>

'Yer all gettin' it now'!: (Channeled) For the next 4 seconds you strike out all enemies 25 feet in front of you, inflicting X damage every second. Costs 40 AP. 10s cooldown.

‘Yer all weaklins now’: You smash your weapon into the ground dealing X damage to all targets 25 feet of you and reducing their armor by 500 for 10 seconds. 35AP. Instant. 15s cooldown.

‘Yer all gettin' tired now’: You swing your weapon dealing X damage to all targets 25 feet of you and removing 50 Action Points. Costs 50 AP. Instant. 10s cooldown.

‘Breakin’ da line’!: Channeled. Increases your movement speed by 30% for the next 4 seconds as you plow through any enemies who dare to stand in your way, knocking them back slightly. Inflicting X damage every 2 seconds to up to 3 enemies in front of you 10 feet away. 80 AP. 30s cooldown.

<Offensive Single Target options>

‘Right in da liver!’: You smash your weapon into your target body dealing X damage and increasing their chance to be critically hit by 5% for 10 seconds. If you are behind your target, it will make them bleed for 10 seconds X damage.

‘Right in da’ face!’: You smash your weapon into your target face dealing X damage. Also, increasing your chance to critically hit by 10% for 10 seconds. If you are behind your target, it makes them bleed X damage for 10 seconds. Costs 35 AP. Instant. 10s cooldown.

Personally, I would prefer to have one of the Defensive / Group Buff options or ‘Yer all getting’ it now!’ or 'Breakin' da' line!'.
If you noticed, I didn't mention Plans, up for devs to figure it out in case you think these ideas are worth implementing.

Please feel free to comment and add up ideas and opinions about the subject.
Any of theese is better than Chop Fasta!

Ork spelling error: Right in da liver! --> Right in da liva!

cacumen

Post#8 » Wed May 08, 2024 7:26 pm

rady wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:38 am
Exactly, 2hBO lost his only defensive ability, not like Swordmaster that has that sword whirl thing to increase Parry.

And the fact that Three hit combo is channeled makes no synergy with Chop Fasta attack speed. It needs to change.

Ads
Farrul

Post#9 » Thu May 09, 2024 3:11 am

Ysaran wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:50 pm
rady wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:38 am I understand that you might like new skill but...
Yes, I understand. I thought a bit about it and also compared to some other tanks I played (IB, BG, Kotbs) and it feels like 2H BO lacks a way to increase significantly its defences. The new parry tactic is completly underwelming, both in position and values. Maybe T'ree Hit Combo is the most damaging skill for BO, but think about Chop Fasta! like this: you AA speed is 3.4s, while THC CD is 5s. So, while THC is on CD you hit your target with AA one time. With the 50% AA speed bonus from CF your AA speed becomes 2.3s, which means that while THC is on CD you manage 2 AA hit. I'm not saying that CH double the AA damage, but it makes is way more efficient in your rotation
Wrell the parry values of the new tactic are not bad, that is 10+10 ( which stacks with Boon + tactic 5 + 10 for a max increase of 35 % parry puts BO at the highest parry increase values for a tank).

In comparison with old You Wot+ tactic you had only 20% increased parry so as long as you're using Boon you have more parry than previously possibly since Boon and You wot did not stack with each other but the new tactic and Boon does, at the cost of a tactic slot ( which i agree is far worse than old You Wot, not convenient since the opportunity cost is too high).

It is also set in the wrong tree and that is a problem, which means you have to sacrifice KD in da boss tree to get it or use +2 set bonus sacrificing a set bonus worth of stats.

The AA haste is more or less wasted on BO imho, if nothing else i would change the AA haste into 10% increased dmg and 10% increased defences to free up reliance on Boon weapon.

At the moment , BO lost its def with You Wot removal, still have 160 wounds tactic + Da greenest ( always was superior to SM trash blade enchant) and Boon can compensate a bit for disrupt/dodge loss but BO is weakened nonetheless. Imho Reworking the new ability seems like a no brainer.

Ysaran

Post#10 » Thu May 09, 2024 5:41 am

Farrul wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 3:11 am Wrell the parry values of the new tactic are not bad, that is 10+10 ( which stacks with Boon + tactic 5 + 10 for a max increase of 35 % parry puts BO at the highest parry increase values for a tank).

In comparison with old You Wot+ tactic you had only 20% increased parry so as long as you're using Boon you have more parry than previously possibly since Boon and You wot did not stack with each other but the new tactic and Boon does, at the cost of a tactic slot ( which i agree is far worse than old You Wot, not convenient since the opportunity cost is too high).

It is also set in the wrong tree and that is a problem, which means you have to sacrifice KD in da boss tree to get it or use +2 set bonus sacrificing a set bonus worth of stats.

The AA haste is more or less wasted on BO imho, if nothing else i would change the AA haste into 10% increased dmg and 10% increased defences to free up reliance on Boon weapon.

At the moment , BO lost its def with You Wot removal, still have 160 wounds tactic + Da greenest ( always was superior to SM trash blade enchant) and Boon can compensate a bit for disrupt/dodge loss but BO is weakened nonetheless. Imho Reworking the new ability seems like a no brainer.
The old tactic increased both parry and block. And since block works also on both magical and ranged attacks I think the new tactic is worst since it makes BO reliant on the block channel wich is trash since the devs put it on 5s CD. As I already explained AA haste in not wasted on BO. Actually, relying in THC for damage is not something you want since channel are in bad place right now. They are very fragile (if the enemy get out of your cone of fire they breake, if there is a bit of latency they breake, if there is a height difference in the terrein they breake, if there is no los they break and so on...). You Wot increase the damage flatly by 10% and that's cool, you could see bigger number on screen and everybody likes that. But in the long run, spamming Chop Fasta together with AA bonus grants a higher damage. AA is ususally between 30% and 40% of the damage on target, what happen when you increase your AA speed by 50%? In the time it took you to do 2 attacks now yoy can make 3. And this without considering that damage introduced by Chop Fasta. With a damage bonus of 140 (roughly 700 strenght) and weapon damage of 80 you get a base damage of almost 600 damage, every 1.5s if you want to waste all your GCD on it. That's crazy damage. Also the skill rewards skilled player in the fact that to squeez all the worth out of it you have to be behinde your target.

I think that CF should stay. I would rather see removed Arm Breaka. And I agree that a skill that increases defences by 10% or even 15% would not be asking too much.
Zputadenti