Recent Topics

Ads

Black Orc: Chop Fasta!

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Culexus

Black Orc: Chop Fasta!

Post#1 » Thu May 02, 2024 3:19 pm

There are already many posts in the patch notes thread about how bad the upcoming change is for BO so I won't go into them again here. I'm posting this in the hope that the team will do something about it before the patch goes live and 2h BO becomes unplayable.

Replace You Wot!?!! with Chop Fasta!

Enchantment
leads to da' Gud Plan!
20ap
10 second cooldown
Increase parry by 20% and auto attack speed by 50% for 20 seconds.

20sec buff/10sec cooldown for 100% uptime chance without constant re-buffing such as with Suppression and Oathbound. Changed to an enchantment so it can be shattered. +5% parry buff over You Wot! but lose all other mitigation bonuses, damage bonus and self snare. AA speed buff kept but crit from behind removed as now doesn't deal damage. Auto attack speed buff will compensate the -10% damage lost from You Wot! This is a 13pt ability and should feel like it.

To me this is a quick and easy fix that replaces You Wot! while still allowing BO to keep a vital defensive bonus ability and at the same time introduce the new Auto attack speed ability. I've kept it available for snb and most other tanks have their dps tree' abilities available to snb and well.
Bigun - 85 Black Orc
Brian - 70+ Choppa
Taff - 70+ Warrior Priest
Karak Norn Veteran

Ads
reynor007

Re: Black Orc: Chop Fasta!

Post#2 » Thu May 02, 2024 7:40 pm

this ability just needs to do more damage, something like Down Ya Go and have a 10 sec cooldown, maybe something else. but Y wot was too strong, it was probably the strongest ability in the game, maybe just weakening this ability by 30-40% would have been a better solution
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

akisnaakkeli

Post#3 » Fri May 03, 2024 5:08 am

Imo this ability would work as kind of reverse Not In Da Face! But With High dmg and giving yourself and your def target 5s cooldown reduction for 10 seconds and giving 4s immunity to Kd,kb and stagger to you and def target. This is how Not in da face worked in 1.4.8 and it was placed in the brawler path 9pts ability. Didnt require great wpn and THC was 13 pts ability BUT it didnt require great wpn either.

Or maybe just remove the shield requirement from THC and put it 13pts and place 1.4.8 version of Not In Da Face to 9 pts. It basically worked like it does now but also gave that 4s KD/KB/Disarm/Silence immunity to whole grp. And return No Choppin me = double ws buff giving 240 ws.

At least like that Blorc Bruiser Spec could work again meaning surprising amount of dmg with shield and good defenses at the same time. Kind of like 2h SM is but SM defense is more absorb based(Give SM's Absorb Phantoms Blade back!)

https://imgur.com/a/uk3CdFk Cant post FoW links here it seems so lets do this with screenshots.

normanis

Post#4 » Fri May 03, 2024 12:10 pm

ather tanks in 2h tree has offensive abbilities why orcs whnat hybrid? u are orc or not? for hybrid u have da boss tree not brawling tree. atm brawling in eng mean fight/offense.
p.s - Less Stabbin’ Me - Reworked to give 10% Parry with an additional 5% Parry in da’ Gud Plan! and 10% Parry in da’ Best Plan! give only parry bost ingame those numbers are bigger. (10/15/20% ingame. maby its error in patch notes) +10% raw parry just for using tactic and than builds more with every plan
cant have all cocckies in 1 tree. where is expermenting?
Last edited by normanis on Fri May 03, 2024 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Acidic

Post#5 » Fri May 03, 2024 12:51 pm

20parry and auto attack still feels lame for a 13 point skill. Just look at core skill of SM , eagles flight. 20 parry no cd,

So Bo spends 13 point skill to get auto attack attached to a free sm skill and added cooldown .

Culexus

Post#6 » Fri May 03, 2024 3:03 pm

normanis wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:10 pm ather tanks in 2h tree has offensive abbilities why orcs whnat hybrid? u are orc or not? for hybrid u have da boss tree not brawling tree. atm brawling in eng mean fight/offense.
p.s - Less Stabbin’ Me - Reworked to give 10% Parry with an additional 5% Parry in da’ Gud Plan! and 10% Parry in da’ Best Plan! give only parry bost ingame those numbers are bigger. (10/15/20% ingame. maby its error in patch notes) +10% raw parry just for using tactic and than builds more with every plan

Because we have to spend 14 mastery points in 2 different trees for abilities other tanks have better versions of as base before we even get to the dps tree.

Acidic wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:51 pm 20parry and auto attack still feels lame for a 13 point skill. Just look at core skill of SM , eagles flight. 20 parry no cd,

So Bo spends 13 point skill to get auto attack attached to a free sm skill and added cooldown .

True, but it's infinitely better than what we have now and would have been a quick fix. I can't find any 2h build that works atm and I'm shocked that they went live with this. Even just playing with the career builder would've shown that this wasn't going to work.
Bigun - 85 Black Orc
Brian - 70+ Choppa
Taff - 70+ Warrior Priest
Karak Norn Veteran

Moonbiter

Post#7 » Fri May 03, 2024 4:56 pm

Trying 2h BO right after patch.
Sad, bad and dull.
To get same level of protection one must leave dmg tactics. Chop Fasta not impressive at all.
Please, revert BO back

normanis

Post#8 » Fri May 03, 2024 4:58 pm

Culexus wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:03 pm
normanis wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:10 pm ather tanks in 2h tree has offensive abbilities why orcs whnat hybrid? u are orc or not? for hybrid u have da boss tree not brawling tree. atm brawling in eng mean fight/offense.

Because we have to spend 14 mastery points in 2 different trees for abilities other tanks have better versions of as base before we even get to the dps tree.

Acidic wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:51 pm 20parry and auto attack still feels lame for a 13 point skill. Just look at core skill of SM , eagles flight. 20 parry no cd,

True, but it's infinitely better than what we have now and would have been a quick fix. I can't find any 2h build that works atm and I'm shocked that they went live with this. Even just playing with the career builder would've shown that this wasn't going to work.
quick fix would be add knock down as core. its not on demand knock down(like ather tanks have) byt into stance dance rotation(sometimes hard to reach corect stance when u need knock down). and u have free points spend somwhere else.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ads
Sever1n

Post#9 » Fri May 03, 2024 5:41 pm

Now you know how wall of darting steel nerf feels.
Noximilien - AM, Severi - SM, Ravandin - SW, Celebor - WL, Ernwald - WH, Demandred - BG.

Nekkma

Post#10 » Fri May 03, 2024 8:13 pm

Sever1n wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:41 pm Now you know how wall of darting steel nerf feels.
Seeing as BO got the exact same nerf to their mirror defence channel it is safe to say they already knew.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron