Recent Topics

Ads

SW range knockdown nerf

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
zacflemo6

SW range knockdown nerf

Post#1 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:24 am

SW scout career was given a double nerf in the update, our knockdown which was with eyeshot was 110 ft ,it is now only activated via a CD(veng), and ranged knockdown which is now connected with *Takedown* is now 72 ft, in which before was 110 ft, i feel like the change is extremely frustrating, please make *takedown* atleast on par range w eyeshot (110 yards). losing over 30 ft of range + being only able to use it via a 30 second CD, doesnt feel like a very good change, i can deal with the knockback being activated via a CD, but please give us the range back for our knockback
Last edited by zacflemo6 on Fri May 03, 2024 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Zxul

Re: SW range knockdown nerf

Post#2 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:26 am

There is that question of how balanced was having kd that works not only from beyond the range of almost all abilities of other classes, but also from beyond the range of detaunt.

Especially that sh currently doesn't has a ranged kd at all.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Farrul

Post#3 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:15 am

Zxul wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:26 am There is that question of how balanced was having kd that works not only from beyond the range of almost all abilities of other classes, but also from beyond the range of detaunt.

Especially that sh currently doesn't has a ranged kd at all.
Only because SH doesn't get it does not mean SW shouldn't have it.

SH/SW are not mechanical mirror classes and offer different playstyles although both may use a bow to shoot with. Out of these two the SW is the more ranged oriented class considering the melee spec has less impact in the meta compared to SH melee.

I think the current mechanic is way overcomplicated and that KD should be restored to eye-shot( especially after initiative stat nerf). It was a weird choice by the ror devs, having said that the old range of 110 may be excessive.

JohnnyWayne

Post#4 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:16 pm

There shouldn't be any ranged kd in the game at all. The last thing SW currently needs is a buff, quite the contrary actually. Look up the stats of the last 7-8 weeks.

And you are wrong, SH is the ranged mirror of SW. The whole point you made was wrong. Smh.

Emissary
Community Management

Post#5 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:35 pm

JohnnyWayne wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:16 pm There shouldn't be any ranged kd in the game at all. The last thing SW currently needs is a buff, quite the contrary actually. Look up the stats of the last 7-8 weeks.

And you are wrong, SH is the ranged mirror of SW. The whole point you made was wrong. Smh.
There is no such thing as 100% mirrored classes. The WL and the Squig Herder are closer to mechanics, while the Marauder and the SW are more mechanically aligned. However, abilities are more aligned between the SW and the SH, while the WL and the Marauder are more aligned in this area. The squig herder was changed by RoR, to make it different from live.

So, calling someone opinion or statement wrong is not completely accurate on your part as well.

I have always looked at most classes as 33% of another class. Obviously, those percentages go up and down comparable to healing classes who we as the RoR team have aligned more closely than they were on live.
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Alubert

Post#6 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:01 pm

I know that the appetite grows as you eat :)
Keep moderation and don't overdo it.
Now everyone is waiting for the SW nerf and not the buff.
Hurub Chopa 80+ / Wybrany Chosen 80+ / Mroczniak BG 60+ / Alubercik BO 50+ / Doczek DoK 80+ / Hurubek Zeal 80+ /
Misio Shaman 80+ / Maxra Mara 60+ / Alubertus RP 70+ / Alubert KTB 80+ / Mnich WP 60+ / Kregi SL 60+ / Uposledzonyjez IB 40+

Kerayes

Post#7 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:58 pm

Hi, as a SW, i'm absolutely ok with kd being a 65-72 feet ability and no more but i'm not ok that it needs to be in Vengefull.

I rerolled my SW after all nerfs, so it did seem quite op before that when i see what i can do know ( st and aoe ). BUT, i really don't think SW needs a nerf. People that think that just don't use their detaunt at the right obvious timing (for ranges and healers).

Avanos

Post#8 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:42 pm

KD is fine as it is..
IMO the perm move speed buff from guerilla tactics does need a slight nerf though.. Perhaps have it trigger on a 10-15 second cooldown instead of 5 sec.
Veretta the Witch Elf

Ads
geezereur

Post#9 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:52 pm

I take a 4 sec ranged insta disarm instead of this shitty knockdown.

JohnnyWayne

Post#10 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:08 pm

Emissary wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:35 pm
JohnnyWayne wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:16 pm There shouldn't be any ranged kd in the game at all. The last thing SW currently needs is a buff, quite the contrary actually. Look up the stats of the last 7-8 weeks.

There is no such thing as 100% mirrored classes. The WL and the Squig Herder are closer to mechanics, while the Marauder and the SW are more mechanically aligned. However, abilities are more aligned between the SW and the SH, while the WL and the Marauder are more aligned in this area. The squig herder was changed by RoR, to make it different from live.

So, calling someone opinion or statement wrong is not completely accurate on your part as well.

I have always looked at most classes as 33% of another class. Obviously, those percentages go up and down comparable to healing classes who we as the RoR team have aligned more closely than they were on live.
I am aware of this, which is why I specifically said, ranged mirror. That goes always with "as far as there is a mirror class" in ror. The whole mSH is something that the ror team came up with. It is closer to a slayer / choppa than anything else. That also means destro has a melee aoe class more than order, which has an additional ST melee class.

So, mechanics are kind of mirrored with marauder, melee specc is is somewhat related to marauder aswell. I guess. Where as the ranged specc is rather close to rSH. This whole thing was about the ranged kd, so the range specc.

Now for the last part, that I sad, was wrong in his chain of thought. Claiming that SH is more melee oriented is by no means backed by anything. It is more so, that with the rework, all the tactics of rSH got switched to terrible to worse ones in quick shootin. I don't think any other class got hit that hard. mSH is the only thing left on SH that is still playable from what I can see. rSH they even lost their range kd completly (thank god, remove that from the game!).

Now lets take a look at the SC stats of the last few weeks, for high rr SW in comparison to all other dps classes.

Aside of SW having the highest range of well performing players, the kd mean comapred to the kd median is prominent. This is either an error in the data or it indicates, that there is a certain group of players outperforming strongly on that class. Probably (can confirm) on specialized premades that live off a certain playstyle that is highly overpowered.

I've tried to get it as accurate as I could, without inflating all this to a post of the above size seen above. :)
Also, I try to evade such posts as it only calls for the whataboutism crowd to appear that fills pages of posts with useless discussions about aspects of marginal influence, as they dont understand system theory. Looking at the skew of the distribution, they don't realize their place in the system. Now some guy tires to discuss balance about their precious class and they go nuts about it.