Recent Topics

Ads

SW range knockdown nerf

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Farrul

Re: SW range knockdown nerf

Post#11 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:51 am

JohnnyWayne wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:16 pm There shouldn't be any ranged kd in the game at all. The last thing SW currently needs is a buff, quite the contrary actually. Look up the stats of the last 7-8 weeks.

And you are wrong, SH is the ranged mirror of SW. The whole point you made was wrong. Smh.
No it is not even a ranged mirror, it has pet mechanic and SW does not, more importantly RSH does not have ranged area of effect spec whilst SW does.

So, it is clearly not a'' range mirror of SW'' . They are mirrored in some abilities when it comes to single-target range spec and they both use a bow but that is where their similarities ends.

JohnnyWayne wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:08 pm
Emissary wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:35 pm

There is no such thing as 100% mirrored classes. The WL and the Squig Herder are closer to mechanics, while the Marauder and the SW are more mechanically aligned. However, abilities are more aligned between the SW and the SH, while the WL and the Marauder are more aligned in this area. The squig herder was changed by RoR, to make it different from live.

So, calling someone opinion or statement wrong is not completely accurate on your part as well.

I have always looked at most classes as 33% of another class. Obviously, those percentages go up and down comparable to healing classes who we as the RoR team have aligned more closely than they were on live.
I am aware of this, which is why I specifically said, ranged mirror. That goes always with "as far as there is a mirror class" in ror. The whole mSH is something that the ror team came up with. It is closer to a slayer / choppa than anything else. That also means destro has a melee aoe class more than order, which has an additional ST melee class.

So, mechanics are kind of mirrored with marauder, melee specc is is somewhat related to marauder aswell. I guess. Where as the ranged specc is rather close to rSH. This whole thing was about the ranged kd, so the range specc.
Well obviously you are not, that is aware of the differences between their ranged specs since you incorrectly called them ''ranged mirrors''.

JohnnyWayne wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:08 pmNow for the last part, that I sad, was wrong in his chain of thought. Claiming that SH is more melee oriented is by no means backed by anything. It is more so, that with the rework, all the tactics of rSH got switched to terrible to worse ones in quick shootin. I don't think any other class got hit that hard. mSH is the only thing left on SH that is still playable from what I can see. rSH they even lost their range kd completly (thank god, remove that from the game!).

Now lets take a look at the SC stats of the last few weeks, for high rr SW in comparison to all other dps classes.

Aside of SW having the highest range of well performing players, the kd mean comapred to the kd median is prominent. This is either an error in the data or it indicates, that there is a certain group of players outperforming strongly on that class. Probably (can confirm) on specialized premades that live off a certain playstyle that is highly overpowered.

I've tried to get it as accurate as I could, without inflating all this to a post of the above size seen above. :)
Also, I try to evade such posts as it only calls for the whataboutism crowd to appear that fills pages of posts with useless discussions about aspects of marginal influence, as they dont understand system theory. Looking at the skew of the distribution, they don't realize their place in the system. Now some guy tires to discuss balance about their precious class and they go nuts about it.
I don't mean to be rude but your post makes no sense, ironically you first claim my ''chain of thoughts'' are wrong and then you go on and reinforce the point i made :?: :P

Yes indeed, SW is more range oriented and Sh melee in the current meta game, dps classes who do not produce area of effec damage( AOE) have in fact a much smaller presence when selected into warbands, this means MSH (Melee - Path of Bouncin) and ranged-SW are the ones mostly relevant. The RSH and Assault SW will be for smaller scale groups or solo players as far as the current balance reality of these classes goes.

Ads
JohnnyWayne

Post#12 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:11 am

Farrul wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:51 am I don't mean to be rude but your post makes no sense, ironically you first claim my ''chain of thoughts'' are wrong and then you go on and reinforce the point i made :?: :P

Yes indeed, SW is more range oriented and Sh melee in the current meta game, dps classes who do not produce area of effec damage( AOE) have in fact a much smaller presence when selected into warbands, this means MSH (Melee - Path of Bouncin) and ranged-SW are the ones mostly relevant. The RSH and Assault SW will be for smaller scale groups or solo players as far as the current balance reality of these classes goes.
To cut this short, think as you wish, but rSH is the closest of a mirror you''ll get on ranged on destro. No class should have access to range kd. Nothing about SH is meta and dont compare mSH to SW of any specc.

Hugatsaga

Post#13 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:29 am

JohnnyWayne wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:11 am
Farrul wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:51 am I don't mean to be rude but your post makes no sense, ironically you first claim my ''chain of thoughts'' are wrong and then you go on and reinforce the point i made :?: :P

To cut this short, think as you wish, but rSH is the closest of a mirror you''ll get on ranged on destro. No class should have access to range kd. Nothing about SH is meta and dont compare mSH to SW of any specc.
Imo "no class should have access to xyz" are often wild and stupid statements. There is all kinds of ranged cc's that can get you killed, pulls being the most usual suspect but 6-9 sec staggers are often death sentence as well. Those are part of the game though and its ok imo as long as there is some kind of counterplay.

I think ranged kd's are currently pretty well balanced you look at them, being either conditional or having shorter duration or shorter range & requiring dmg sacrifice:
-Mara 100ft, 3 sec but requires disrupt
-SW 72ft, 2 sec
-WE & WH, 30ft but costs combo points so basically sacrifice dmg for short range kd

Let me know if I missed something. 110ft for 3 sec was too much but I think current is ok, could even put back to 3 sec duration if you ask me but 2 sec is ok too.

That being said, Eye shot sucks right now and should be done something, waste of mastery point at the moment.
Live: Daeneria, Polestar
RoR: Calmdown, Goldman, Kohta, Madguard, Magnumforce, Northsorc, Northstar etc
Youtube

Aluviya

Post#14 » Fri May 03, 2024 10:19 am

The reasoning behind granting SW a high-range knockdown was largely tied to the greenskin speed proc tactics. It's crucial to recognize that this was the initial concept. However, when evaluating the current state of SW in small-scale scenarios like solo and group queues, it becomes evident that it requires a significant amount of skill to wield effectively and is far from the ease of playability that SH provides. Range SW has essentially become niche or forgettable in any competitive mode, while SH, when played adeptly, tends to dominate. Is it just me seeing the obvious here?

Sever1n

Post#15 » Fri May 03, 2024 1:06 pm

In ranged specs sh posibilities to kite almost infinite. They have knockback, speed tactic, speedboost and other panic mechanics. SW have only 1 build with guerilla mostly for solo rvr, and need to deal with covenant of celerity and jumping WE. Also where SH have viable melle specs that copy lions, asw copy mostly mech of stealthy classes with extremely low posibilities in dps terms, just check any topic on h elven forum with ASW tag, it have contain only pain and suffering. Overall sw need a big rework and help, but instad we have insanely huge nerf, stun cd time nerfed, festering nerfed and SH have more potent version now,fell the week lost spirit dmg, whirling pin can be parried now, and a sacred jorney of stun into snare where it was ok previosly. But yeah fester stun combo was kinda toxic and need to go, but -1 sec to stun was good solution and should be enough for people to react and survive,and it it worked only on low geared characters. Still one of most interesting clases for me and i hope they fix everything in dps patch, and revert this class butchering.