Recent Topics

Ads

"Glitch items" life

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
IVendettaI

"Glitch items" life

Post#1 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:49 pm

There's something that deeply saddens me about this game.

It seems like devs are mostly against "glitched skins".

First and foremost, I want to say that I understand some may find them visually disturbing because they modify the character's 3D model and texture. Fine.

But as for the rest, there's no visually disturbing effect. And they are the ones with interest.

I believe these skins have a place in the game. Moreover, I think they should be embraced and accepted because the skin is an important aspect for players. Players want to have a beautiful character; people want to have a unique character. And the beautiful "glitched" items contribute to that.

I find my marauder beautiful. I consider myself a perfectionist and someone with taste, and it bothers me to think that I have to hide my items because they might disappear, as they are considered "ugly" by the devs. Or the excuse "it's not 'lore-friendly'".

"Lore-friendly" is clearly an anti-dialogue. Are goggles lore-friendly? Are Halloween masks lore-friendly? Is the Christmas hat lore-friendly?

A player on the order side created the skin of Saitama from One Punch Man, is it lore-friendly? No.

Players don't need to be "lore-friendly". Besides, what makes a skin "lore-friendly"? NPCs have "glitch" skins; are they not "lore-friendly"? It doesn't make sense.

I believe the so-called "glitched" skins should be embraced and "de-glitched."

For example, in the case of my marauder, the shoulder pads should be repositioned and enlarged. Embraced, therefore.

I think there should be something similar to Tennogen on Warframe, where people suggest skin ideas, weapon ideas, pose ideas, etc.

I draw rather well, and I have ideas, and I think others do too.

Ads
rady

Re: "Glitch items" life

Post#2 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:46 am

I don't care about "glitched" items.
But I'm annoyed when I see devs running in appearance not obtainable for normal players.
Ris IB
Risx 8Xrr SH (retired)
BO 85rr (retired)

Flowson
Game Artist

Post#3 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:58 am

IVendettaI wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:49 pm There's something that deeply saddens me about this game.

It seems like devs are mostly against "glitched skins".

A player on the order side created the skin of Saitama from One Punch Man, is it lore-friendly? No.

Players don't need to be "lore-friendly". Besides, what makes a skin "lore-friendly"? NPCs have "glitch" skins; are they not "lore-friendly"? It doesn't make sense.

I believe the so-called "glitched" skins should be embraced and "de-glitched."

For example, in the case of my marauder, the shoulder pads should be repositioned and enlarged. Embraced, therefore.

I think there should be something similar to Tennogen on Warframe, where people suggest skin ideas, weapon ideas, pose ideas, etc.

I draw rather well, and I have ideas, and I think others do too.
Do you have some sample pictures of "glitch items" ? can be taken out of others gams or books or concept art.

i would like to know how they could, or should like look like , to get a better understanding and reference for future design options.

Farrul

Post#4 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:30 am

rady wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:46 am I don't care about "glitched" items.
But I'm annoyed when I see devs running in appearance not obtainable for normal players.
What i find annoying is the fact that there are so many nice skins on NPC's that are unused in this game, just a trip to the Karaz-a-Karak city and many awesome skins are revealed , especially helmets ( even on ELF swordmaster NPC etc in the elf section of the dwarven city)

This is such a waste of potential and would definitely make the game more interesting and less bland to look at, another thing ( i may be ignorant here, correct me if needed ) is the Tyrant set skins, i guess this is what certain devs have used in-game? Imho Tyrant has some of the best looking armor skins and if these assets are available to the ror dev team, such a waste indeed not to utilize them.

About Glitch items, can't say im aware of too many, i remember this Huge BO that had some tiny feets, looked hilarious ;)

TrainInVain

Post#5 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:48 am

Farrul wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:30 am
rady wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:46 am I don't care about "glitched" items.
What i find annoying is the fact that there are so many nice skins on NPC's that are unused in this game, just a trip to the Karaz-a-Karak city and many awesome skins are revealed , especially helmets ( even on ELF swordmaster NPC etc in the elf section of the dwarven city)

This is such a waste of potential and would definitely make the game more interesting and less bland to look at, another thing ( i may be ignorant here, correct me if needed ) is the Tyrant set skins, i guess this is what certain devs have used in-game? Imho Tyrant has some of the best looking armor skins and if these assets are available to the ror dev team, such a waste indeed not to utilize them.

About Glitch items, can't say im aware of too many, i remember this Huge BO that had some tiny feets, looked hilarious ;)
I recall the devs said many of those npc skins are are 1 piece of art, and also don't have animations

IVendettaI

Post#6 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:33 pm

Sorcerer shoulders (I know sorcerer belt and boots too)

Black Guard shoulders, Chosen gloves (I know Chosen belt and helmet too)

Warpriest gloves and boots (gloves are glitched but with this body they look good)

Bright Wizard gloves and boots

Marauder helmet and belt, 2h weapon with 1h skin, no body (in the past an invisible body but now it's not possible)

I would like a Marauder pants on Chosen lol
I would like a Sorceress robe on Dok like some healers elves npc
Orks lack about "glitched skins" and Gobbos have 3D models problems with glitched skins
I would like dual wield zealot, or use the pose you can see on my screen to create new kind of charm skin (like lanterns)

Stimpz

Post#7 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:14 pm

I really hope they don't fix those chosen skins now, and by fix, I mean delete them. They are not even glitched execpt the belt if you wear body armor with it.

Absinth

Post#8 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:59 pm

TrainInVain wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:48 am I recall the devs said many of those npc skins are are 1 piece of art, and also don't have animations
If they are one piece of art then why there are multiple items in database used by ex-devs and current devs as pieces of fashionhammer? Yes a lot of it is a one piece body like nurgle armor for chosen but then you have assasin gear from npcs that works on dok, skarsnik and night goblin gear that works just fine on shaman and the examples just pile up, all you need to do is to take a look at the item killboard to see what devs were cooking with their fashion. Heck there is invader sorc robe that works on a dok, npc armor for white lion.

Not to say that those "glitched" items have to be crossrealm/crossclass appearances, they can even be just a invisible armor pieces that are already in game for a lot of classes, let people have choice at their fashion especially when argument of guessing what armor someone has based on his looks is already not working argument, and that would let BG's run in the proper robe like gear since you could have invisible shoulders, you could have no dead lion on your shoulders and examples just pile up. It's all about options, not forcing people to wear the same stuff.
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

Ads
shoelessHN

Post#9 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 pm

On a side note --

Imagine doing 15 bastion stairs runs only for them to take the cloak away from your chosen.

My shaman was in Toxic Green for years and they changed the dye to Sewage green. Yet last week I see some guy running around in Toxic Green. Wtf?

The lore argument seems odd as haven't WL's been breaking lore for 15 years having the lion as a pet? They were supposed to kill the white lion to earn their title.

Stimpz

Post#10 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:15 pm

Absinth wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:59 pm
TrainInVain wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:48 am I recall the devs said many of those npc skins are are 1 piece of art, and also don't have animations
If they are one piece of art then why there are multiple items in database used by ex-devs and current devs as pieces of fashionhammer? Yes a lot of it is a one piece body like nurgle armor for chosen but then you have assasin gear from npcs that works on dok, skarsnik and night goblin gear that works just fine on shaman and the examples just pile up, all you need to do is to take a look at the item killboard to see what devs were cooking with their fashion. Heck there is invader sorc robe that works on a dok, npc armor for white lion.

Not to say that those "glitched" items have to be crossrealm/crossclass appearances, they can even be just a invisible armor pieces that are already in game for a lot of classes, let people have choice at their fashion especially when argument of guessing what armor someone has based on his looks is already not working argument, and that would let BG's run in the proper robe like gear since you could have invisible shoulders, you could have no dead lion on your shoulders and examples just pile up. It's all about options, not forcing people to wear the same stuff.
The chosen Nurgle armor is not a one-piece set. It has all the separate items in the item killboard. Also, I saw a dev or GM wearing that armor. I know it because I'm really wishing to wear it myself some beautiful day.